2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

My sacramento Kings will make playoffs....mark my words....
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Different year different players.

I'd have to think the dubs widened the gap..

For the record I think Utah will be solid. Alec Burks is a Hooper. I just don't think there's anything concrete from last season to suggest that they'll have a chance against the warriors

I'm just not sold on the Jazz's offense. And what's up with Exum, literally heard nothing about him since his ACL tear.

You gotta peep Ben Simmons ig. He's been trolling the hell outta exum :lol:. Them dudes need their own sitcom. They're like a black version of flight of the conchords

Yeah I get it. Still, the Jazz should be maker the bigger leap net year from non-playoffs to potentially mid pack. Dante Exum will be the biggest x-factor. We still have no idea what he is capable of. Even what position he is best suited for.

Not making excuses for steph but to me that play vs love shows that he really was hurt. He had him shook, out of position, he had separation, he just didn't have any burst to actually get past him. That was a common theme with him in the playoffs.

Nothing was wrong with Curry, he just made bonehead plays that cost his team the game. he plays lackluster in every finals he was been in. when the lights shine bright he just doesn't show up PERIOD.
Stop using that whack hurt excuse. That all got thrown out the window once he came back in the portland game and yelled "IM HERE...IM BACK"

Its the Cavs defense the brought Curry down. the way they made Curry work on offense and defense, thats what made him tired, and made him not do well.

:x

you legit have no idea how injuries work. pain comes and goes. some days you feel amazing. others, you might have trouble just getting out of bed. keep telling yourself the cavs beat a healthy Curry though. It'll make the chip mean more. Something, something.

Somehow I feel like with some of y'all Lebron wouldn't get the benefit of doubt regarding a lingering injury.

Last edited:
Given his history of acting and overselling previous ones, you're probably right.

:x

you legit have no idea how injuries work. pain comes and goes. some days you feel amazing. others, you might have trouble just getting out of bed. keep telling yourself the cavs beat a healthy Curry though. It'll make the chip mean more. Something, something.

NO, you keep telling yourself that the Cavs only won because of an injured Curry
do it so you can sleep better at night.

When I said that, I meant as if he could play. NO ONE is ever 100% or even near it during the nba finals. Bron has been in the finals 6 years in a row, you think he is 100%? hell Kyrie had a hurt foot, and you dont her him crying. Curry isn't even crying, he said he needed no surgery, he himself said that he settled for 3s instead of driving.

You want to know why he didnt drive on love, Because he saw lebron in the middle watching. Bron already was beating curry stuff ALL over the court, Curry was scared. he choked up and blew the game. it was because of him period. Also if it wants the cavs d working the warriors, then why didnt Klay go off like he usually does?

Till this day, the only reason why Curry has a ring is because Kyrie and love weren't playing. if it wasnt for that Stephanie would 0-2 right now against the Cavs.
PERIOD

Last edited:
Somehow I feel like with some of y'all Lebron wouldn't get the benefit of doubt regarding a lingering injury.

There were people saying they played through a cramp at their local YMCA. Talmbout drink some pickle juice and get back on the court :lol:

It's like people forgot Kevin Love was getting ready to be crucified when the Warriors went up 3-1.

Now he's something that Golden State should be worried about 
laugh.gif

Alright.
The problem the Warriors had and still have when it comes to the cavs.. And the benefit the cavs still have vs the Warriors

they don't have size or quality big bigs, they allow the cavs to play all of their best players at once without any ramifications

They can start love and TT together.. Bron can play a ton of mins at the 4 and always have 1 of those 2 at the center spot

Bogut's injury in the finals was huge.. Same way how Adams picking up 2 quick fouls and fetus landing on his lower back early was the real thing that killed the thunder in game 5
If Harrison Barnes (and Iggy) made wide open jumpers or Kerr figured out how to keep Steph from switching onto Bron or Kyrie, none of that other stuff matters.

It's literally the exact same defensive game plan from the 2015 finals. Dare HB & Iggy to make shots, swarm Steph & Klay. Game 3 in '15 when CLE went up 2-1, Barnes was scoreless on 0-8 shooting. Then Iggy turned up in G4-6 and that was it. In '16 both of those dudes went ICE cold against the same defense.

Last 3 games, Barnes inexplicably goes 5-32 on mostly open shots. Iggy goes 2-10 from deep over that same stretch, scores a combined 9 points in the last 2 games. Again, against the same defense.

TT & Love can play all the mins they want when you replace Barnes with 40 minutes from an MVP & 4 time scoring champ.

Also Klay/Steph going 17/32 from three in G6 and Durant/Westbrook going iso against GSWs best defenders for literally the entire fourth quarter is what killed them in that series. Cleveland did a ton of iso too but not against Iguodala.
nothing I said disputes that.. we all, I assume, get how dangerous the warriors can, should and will be

but that has nothing to do with my point, that the real bigs they have aren't that good.. and draymond is 6-7 at the most.. and 6-11 KD is extremely thin

to have a chance vs the warriors, you have to have a PG and other players on offense, so you have to make steph responsible for someone on defense and you can attack him.. and you have to either have athletic bigs or even good enough bigs or you have to have multiple versatile 6-8-6-10 guys..

the cavs fall into the later part of that.. they have no true center, but that doesn't matter vs the warriors.. but they do have bron, love and TT.. and the warriors allow them to play all 3 at the same time (and they would play at least 2 against any time anyways).. vs the warriors, they start all 3 and play at least 2 at all times (whereas against most bron basically has to play the whole game)

There were people saying they played through a cramp at their local YMCA. Talmbout drink some pickle juice and get back on the court
laugh.gif
i played through two cramps and a charlie horse  in my adult league years back   , little apple cider vinegar and i was good to go. 

Wizards my team but damn Wall hating on everybody like he didn't sign the max he could sign at the time.

someone else made the point, but would be hilarious for steph to say something about wall making more than him.. throw around a bunch of backhanded statements just like dude is doing

they wouldn't so that's why even if curry was injured, I dont give the highest of damns. If lebron was injured and they lost, the slander would have still been on and popping.

Back
Top Bottom