2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

^^^^^ where all the outrage with the killing of Wade's cousin? Where is the BLM?? Where is the Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson??? I don't see people out protesting or looking for justice with this senseless act. Black lives don't matter, when the crime is committed by another black person???

You're assuming people aren't upset at these murders because there's no national media coverage

And I watched probably and hour of the event other night and I don't recall hearing anyone blaming the white man. It was about what we can do to improve our communities.

It's a sad state of affairs

I'm sure its been brought up already but all these Russell Westrbook shots at Kevin Durant 
roll.gif
 . I hope it never ends

Last edited:
Between his performances last season and his antics this summer,Russ has become one of my favorite players in the league :lol: :smokin

Can't wait for the first OKC-Warriors game,hoping he pulls a Mo Williams during "the return" and doesn't even acknowledge KD's prescence pregame :lol:

Last edited:
^^^^^ where all the outrage with the killing of Wade's cousin? Where is the BLM?? Where is the Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson??? I don't see people out protesting or looking for justice with this senseless act. Black lives don't matter, when the crime is committed by another black person???

See this BS is not needed man. Dont bring up BLM when stuff like this happens. these are two different things man. Don't go there, leave this for NBA talk only.

Last edited:
People can't tell me anything about my black and Latino youth. I work hands on with them everyday in the south Bronx in probably the worst area in NYC. They don't like the way it is and they hate what goes on in their communities but totally lack the self confidence and skills to realistically believe they can get themselves and their families out of it. Society doesn't make these kids feel equal and are climbing an uphill battle since birth. By the time their 17 years old a lot of them have a record because they were forced to provide for themselves and probably younger siblings as well because dad was a ghost and mom can't do it alone. That's where the petty weed selling comes into play followed by the turf wars and then the gang violence. Next thing you know the kid is 19 years old with absolutely no social skills dropped out of school and totally afraid of being a normal working class human being, it becomes EXTREMELY unrealistic. The streets become the norm and what feels safe to them and the "real world" is what's terrifying. It's systematic and once people really start to see understand and accept it and actually want to use their resources to help that's when it will change but I see a lot of people rather continue to push that tired narrative from their nice lazy boys in their nice homes in suburbia, USA.

Last edited:
While social issues should be discussed this thread is not really the place for it. We all have opinions on what's going on, but let's get it back on track.

Also we have a policy against using profanity or anything that appears to circumvent that policy. We are all good communicators and can get our point across with some eloquence minus the profanity.

Conversation started because a sports talk show on the largest sports network had a forum about it and also athletes are playing an integral part in raising awareness on the issue so yea I disagree about this thread not being the place for it. I mean if you rather read about "beta KD and steph" for 100 more pages until the season starts I understand.

White people say **** like this..like when black people kill each other its because theyre black and not over the same **** wars are fought for..respect..money..resources..land..etc. You hear black on black crime when its black folks...but the leading killer of white folks is white folks...**** is white on white crime narratives? Its all propaganda to push themes.

Glad you responded to that goofy garbage before I did.

"Me, talking about Bradley Beal [making] more money, I'm not mad. I'm happy. He's my teammate," Wall said Friday. "He came out at the right time when the contract money came up. I can't control that." 
This guy.
laugh.gif

Heel turn 99% complete.

Counting the next mans pockets is how you know if you're being fairly compensated or not... My counterpart at work and I know each others comp for that reason.

In sports its different, but counting the next mans pockets is a strategic move in your career development.

Last edited:
Sports salary ain't real life.

Can't even compare it to real life.

Sports is about timing. You don't even have to perform to justify contract. See Mozgov.

You really cant complain about money when you know your next deal is a max, which Wall is. Maybe he should have just signed 1 year deals so he could have maxed out this year? Nah, he ain't that stupid. He signed the deal that was right at the time. Hate himself.

Beal was at the right place at the right time.

Counting the next mans pockets is how you know if you're being fairly compensated or not... My counterpart at work and I know each others comp for that reason.

In sports its different, but counting the next mans pockets is a strategic move in your career development.
How many times you gonna run to the media to speak about it though?

You bring it up during contract negotiations or discussions with your agent. Cool.

Constantly bringing up other peoples money in interviews though? Funny style.

How many times you gonna run to the media to speak about it though?

You bring it up during contract negotiations or discussions with your agent. Cool.

Constantly bringing up other peoples money in interviews though? Funny style.
I was moreso speaking about how people always say that "You shouldnt count the next man's pockets ever"

In sports, the game is totally different though and this looks really bad.

Back
Top Bottom