2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Not really.people say a lot of things they wouldn't do and then in the moment they do it.. Then regret it later. Real evidence, a rape kit not being done, not pressing criminal charges. Lot of things that would make you skeptical about it

"Can't trust females, always looking for a come up"

I'm just wondering how anyone can read that article and not be convinced he either raped the girl or was compliant in her rape.

Really looks bad for Rose unless you're the type to need video evidence and a confession of guilt + 3 forms of ID to believe in these sort of things.

I don't understand the "We men" part. In the text messages, they agreed on her being picked up and being brought to Rose's place. How did that turn into "we men" aka it's obvious why we're going over. Something has to be out of context.

He was asked if he ever discussed any specific plans with his boys about what they wanted to do and that's when he replied with na we don't need to do that. We men. Lmao.

These are all allegations though. The problem is, you're saying it as a complete fact. Although his post was raw :lol:

Did you read the article? These are the facts from the case from Rose's depositon. They aren't allegations.

Yes I read the article in its entirety. But logically, if he was to state that she didn't want group sex at any point, then he'd be admitting to raping her. & from Rose's standpoint, it really wouldn't make much sense to take this to court. So no, they aren't facts. They are allegations.

If someone rapes me I want them behind bars or dead.. Money is the least of my concern..

Yes, let's tell the woman who was possibly raped what she should do.

Do you think if there was enough physical evidence that she wouldn't go with a criminal case?

Dudes sometimes like to speak w/ their feelings & not their minds. It's very factual whether you feel it's misogynistic or not.

You can at least make the distinction by saying "Some" or "a few"...it's a blanket statement that reflects poorly. If any public official said this, there would be great outrage.

It's incredibly disrespectful to rape victims in high profile cases to automatically dismiss them as gold diggers or even entertain that possibility.

If someone rapes me I want them behind bars or dead.. Money is the least of my concern..

Yes, let's tell the woman who was possibly raped what she should do.

Do you think if there was enough physical evidence that she wouldn't go with a criminal case?

Remember, she was also possibly not raped as well. The problem w/ these types of cases is that people are inclined to be emotionally connected to the idea of rape. When in fact, there's a possibility that she could have been lying too.

Dudes sometimes like to speak w/ their feelings & not their minds. It's very factual whether you feel it's misogynistic or not.

You can at least make the distinction by saying "Some" or "a few"...it's a blanket statement that reflects poorly. If any public official said this, there would be great outrage.

It's incredibly disrespectful to rape victims in high profile cases to automatically dismiss them as gold diggers or even entertain that possibility.

It's also disrespectful to believe that every male that is accused of rape is indeed a rapist.

Remember, she was also possibly not raped as well. The problem w/ these types of cases is that people are inclined to be emotionally connected to the idea of rape. When in fact, there's a possibility that she could have been lying too.

Did you read the conversations? Once again, these are words coming straight from Rose's mouth. He pretty much said "I'm looking to smash", went inside, and found her unconscious and/or groggy, NOT in any way shape or form able to consent.

It's also disrespectful to believe that every male that is accused of rape is indeed a rapist.

I don't think anyone said that, though. People actually read the information that's available and said it looks bad for him. He asked her more than once if she was down for group sex and she said no. They ended up breaking up in part because of him asking her for that. She gets drunk and goes home. Stops texting for a couple hours. They show up and call her like 8 times to try to wake her up. They come in and have sex with her. She texts him the next morning asking ehat happened. Rose's own toxicologist confirmed that she was "incredibly intoxicated." Idk how you read all that information and go down the path of "dumb ****" and every woman is out to get money. Saying all this looks bad for Rose is not saying every male accused or rape is a rapist.

Did you read the conversations? Once again, these are words coming straight from Rose's mouth. He pretty much said "I'm looking to smash", went inside, and found her unconscious and/or groggy, NOT in any way shape or form able to consent.

Once again, I fully read it. Now that we got that out of the way, literally everything you said was an assumption or allegation due to the fact that you weren't there. You can ASSUME from the conversation that she didn't consent, but there's also a possibility that she knowingly consented, & didn't like the way he was acting after the fact (if you wanted to ASSUME from the end of the convo when he stopped answering) & said, "nvm you raped me". You just don't know. These are complicated cases.

I don't think anyone said that, though. People actually read the information that's available and said it looks bad for him. He asked her more than once if she was down for group sex and she said no. They ended up breaking up in part because of him asking her for that. She gets drunk and goes home. Stops texting for a couple hours. They show up and call her like 8 times to try to wake her up. They come in and have sex with her. She texts him the next morning asking ehat happened. Rose's own toxicologist confirmed that she was "incredibly intoxicated." Idk how you read all that information and go down the path of "dumb ****" and every woman is out to get money. Saying all this looks bad for Rose is not saying every male accused or rape is a rapist.

I'm talking specifically to him. Not to or about anyone else.

There are 2 ends to a spectrum is all I'm saying. Not calling her a liar or him a rapist. Rose did have some dumb responses, but that's partly to him being dumb himself :lol:

Yeah... It's just more needed to be proven that he did it and if he did he should be in jail..

Last edited:

There are MUCH more women prosecuted as sexual assault victims then there are men who are falsely accused of rape. False accusations rarely happen, if ever.

There are MUCH more women prosecuted as sexual assault victims then there are men who are falsely accused of rape. False accusations rarely happen, if ever.

If ever? Way too much bias from your end bruh. But I'll leave it at that.

I wish there was off-season basketball to talk about rather than this in the thread right now honestly.

Back
Top Bottom