2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

28 6 and 5

giphy.gif
roll.gif

He is still young.

He played behind two dudes that could light it up.

In a different role, none of us know what he can do.

I am pulling for him.

He could average around 18 this year.

28 and 6, who knows. Not this year though. IN the future? Who knows, wilder things have happened

He is still young.

He played behind two dudes that could light it up.

In a different role, none of us know what he can do.

I am pulling for him.

He could average around 18 this year.

28 and 6, who knows. Not this year though. IN the future? Who knows, wilder things have happened
He missed shots when the defense didnt focus on him. What makes you think he'll do better?

He missed shots when the defense didnt focus on him. What makes you think he'll do better?
Maybe it was too much pressure on him playing for THAT team and having to make those open shots.

Playing for a team that doesn't have anywhere near as high expectations could ease his nerves and allow him to flourish

Again, I don't know nor am I saying what he WILL do. Just giving a possible outcome

Maybe it was too much pressure on him playing for THAT team and having to make those open shots.

Playing for a team that doesn't have anywhere near as high expectations could ease his nerves and allow him to flourish

Again, I don't know nor am I saying what he WILL do. Just giving a possible outcome
What? It would be more pressure as one of THE guys. The hell you talking bout

What? It would be more pressure as one of THE guys. The hell you talking bout
Not on a team that literally has nothing to lose and isn't a contender.

Having to make open shots on a championship contending team while being one of the "other dudes" is more nerve wrecking than being one of the main dudes on a team that isn't expected to do much.

That is what the hell I am talking about

Not on a team that literally has nothing to lose and isn't a contender.

Having to make open shots on a championship contending team while being one of the "other dudes" is more nerve wrecking than being one of the main dudes on a team that isn't expected to do much.

That is what the hell I am talking about
false but your lack off bb knowledge shows

I agree. My lack of bb knowledge is showing. Thanks.

You can disagree. Neither one of us knows what will happen.

I hope he is successful in his new role. I am pulling for him. It has been a rough last few months of basketball for him

As odd as it is I agree with hotdog

Dude just got paid nearly 100 mil to be one of the guys on a team expected to continue to make the playoffs.

You acting like he's playing for the expansion grizzlies to help your narrative but he's not.

He's playing for a goodish team and a good franchise for a lot of money and there are expectations.

If they fail he's one of the guys everyone is gonna be looking hard at. And they will gleefully rake him over the coals.

Meanwhile Steph is out here getting slandered for a 3-1 choke while Harrison who couldn't shoot the ball into a rim the size of the LHC gets a pass.

I agree. My lack of bb knowledge is showing. Thanks.

You can disagree. Neither one of us knows what will happen.

I hope he is successful in his new role. I am pulling for him. It has been a rough last few months of basketball for him

He hit a lick, got promoted to a bigger role, and won a gold medal.

Sign me up

I understand that stance completely.

I am looking at it 

I am simply saying that the Mavericks don't have high expectations. So looking MORE at the pressure of having to make shots when he gets those limited touches in GSW vs. Him having the green light in Dallas; I feel there was more pressure in GSW. 

Neither situation is "Care free" but he can just go out and play while in Dallas as opposed to, "I might only get 9 shots tonight and I have to make them. If not, I might be the reason why things went wrong if they did."

Just look at the amount of pressure he faced vs CLE. Wide open, clank. After the first few misses, that is definitely in the back of his mind.

Not saying that also can't happen in DAL, but there was more to lose with each missed shot in GSW especially considering he was playing for a contract

Again, I understand your stance though.

But like I said, we will see how it turns out.

He hit a lick, got promoted to a bigger role, and won a gold medal.

Sign me up
I was speaking more so in terms of him not having a great finals series and riding the pine and having everyone question why he was even on Team USA.

Compared to our lives, sure, sign me us as well

You acting like he's playing for the expansion grizzlies to help your narrative but he's not.

He's playing for a goodish team and a good franchise for a lot of money and there are expectations.
Am I really calling the Mavs as bad as the Expansion Grizzlies or did I simply say the expectations of that team vs. his former team weren't in the same world.

They are decent but they aren't expected to do much damage. Middle of the pack Western Conference Squad.

Like I said, I think I am just factoring in the team expectations more than the individual, which is why I made the statement.

If we are just looking at the individual, sure, all of that money invested in him; there is a lot of pressure.

But I am not JUST looking at the individual part of it the picture

Lol I didn't disappear man, I seen almost every thing.

For a minute it was funny. I forgot I said that trash take about HB and got my card pulled on it. Welp. I even commented on it to @Vincent Van Ho and @rck3sactown on twitter about it. I even had a HB avi for a min to go along with it.

But **** got corny fast, and comedians started using the HB thing to make jokes about other **** that I wasn't rocking with so I stopped coming in here. That's really it. I'm sorry if it's anticlimactic fam

Last edited:
Silverback honey I'm assuming . Dude was Wildin in the NFL thread and asking mods to ban him. I lost a couple reps as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom