2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Not really sold on anyone from this class besides fultz and maybe Smith but those pick(s) should be good trade chips at least

This class is one of the best I've seen in a few years...it's a billion times better than this past year's.

Your partially torn MCL is the same as his? Do you know he'll be restricted? Do you have similar examples on the professional level?

What about the offseason? Can't be this hurt over the Wade decision pa'. We probably won't be as good as last year but no need to overrate that team in hindsight of Wade leaving. We still have starting caliber players (The few is better than what lots of teams have and could be good enough to be competitive imo)

Wade was a negative on the season in many areas,and him and Bosh were effectively stopping the ball. Despite their years of chemistry they were statistically one of our worst pairings. We lost Bosh two years in a row where he was our top scorer and proceeded to put up a better record and offensive numbers.

Wade/you still my mans but this needs to stop. Caping for a mediocre team just don't make sense. Front office did a good job of trying to get/stay young and flexible. By this time next year, probably nothing but rookie contracts and expiree's next to Goran/Whiteside/Tyler and Bosh, whereas it could've been much worse

Dragic/Spo finally have the personnel for the fast paced defensive team they wanted as well last season and I'm too excited

Disagree with many points. Worst statistical pairing but also most successful in the teams history. Of course lebron was there too. And when wade disappeared, bosh carried the team. For long stretches. We've had the capability to run uptempo for years. But Spoelstra can't coach, so we haven't. Dragic still the pg, our starting 5 only lost wade in the past year. Nothing has changed that suddenly makes us uptempo capable, it's just like usual spo never makes a change of adjustment until his back is up against the wall.

Torn Mcl is bad. Real bad. Any ligament around the knee injury is BAD. Our injuries are not the exact same, but a knee injury is never just do your time and you'll be fine. There's mental effects, and physical limitations that take extended time to get back to 100%. Not to mention, of course hell have limited minutes. Who would let an out of practice player come in at full minutes fresh off a knee injury? Even I give spo more credit than that. And that's saying a lot.

Bosh hasn't been cleared yet and that clock is almost done ticking. I said it months ago, we're screwed. I wonder if the heat have even drawn up a play for Whiteside yet. Who is officially the only center we have lol. Smh there's so much more to point out, but why bother.

Last edited:
dope shot. i love how at court level pictures always make it look dark on the court. crazy how the perspective works. anyone know why that is? is it exposure? filtering? some effect of picture being taken between light flickers? just curious

Your partially torn MCL is the same as his? Do you know he'll be restricted? Do you have similar examples on the professional level?

What about the offseason? Can't be this hurt over the Wade decision pa'. We probably won't be as good as last year but no need to overrate that team in hindsight of Wade leaving. We still have starting caliber players (The few is better than what lots of teams have and could be good enough to be competitive imo)

Wade was a negative on the season in many areas,and him and Bosh were effectively stopping the ball. Despite their years of chemistry they were statistically one of our worst pairings. We lost Bosh two years in a row where he was our top scorer and proceeded to put up a better record and offensive numbers.

Wade/you still my mans but this needs to stop. Caping for a mediocre team just don't make sense. Front office did a good job of trying to get/stay young and flexible. By this time next year, probably nothing but rookie contracts and expiree's next to Goran/Whiteside/Tyler and Bosh, whereas it could've been much worse

Dragic/Spo finally have the personnel for the fast paced defensive team they wanted as well last season and I'm too excited
Disagree with many points. Worst statistical pairing but also most successful in the teams history. Of course lebron was there too. And when wade disappeared, bosh carried the team. For long stretches. We've had the capability to run uptempo for years. But Spoelstra can't coach, so we haven't. Dragic still the pg, our starting 5 only lost wade in the past year. Nothing has changed that suddenly makes us uptempo capable, it's just like usual spo never makes a change of adjustment until his back is up against the wall.

Torn Mcl is bad. Real bad. Any ligament around the knee injury is BAD. Our injuries are not the exact same, but a knee injury is never just do your time and you'll be fine. There's mental effects, and physical limitations that take extended time to get back to 100%. Not to mention, of course hell have limited minutes. Who would let an out of practice player come in at full minutes fresh off a knee injury? Even I give spo more credit than that. And that's saying a lot.

Bosh hasn't been cleared yet and that clock is almost done ticking. I said it months ago, we're screwed. I wonder if the heat have even drawn up a play for Whiteside yet. Who is officially the only center we have lol. Smh there's so much more to point out, but why bother.
Bruh you not a heat fan no more. You gotta stop caring 
laugh.gif

There's never been an instance where partially torn MCL has been noted as a serious injury. It's generally quite the opposite, again I'd love examples. Not even going to need surgery
 Worst statistical pairing but also most successful in the teams history. 
Literally means nothing in regards to this team and version of these players. You can't blame Spo for Wade, Bosh, and Deng not being able and willing to play the type of game him and Dragic wanted to play. Wade gone gives Dragic a chance to be a head of the team and play with a better shooter/defender in Rich/Johnson in the backcourt. Whiteside/Dragic was our best pairing aside from Winslow/Dragic cause they know how to play together and what they wanted to do. Derrick Williams likely plays for or ahead of Bosh if he even returns, cause he was brought in to help push tempo like Deng did post ASB as a 4, so I wouldn't worry about Bosh. Williams brought in for that reason, and Winslow starting at the 3 is another advantage to playing faster- He was our best wing defender and prefers to play that type of game. Most his points last year were scored in transition, same as his season in Duke. Best possible way to get him started. Willie Reed is also better than any replacement level center we had last year, he isn't random, he's been in and out of the AA for years like Whiteside was/did

Weber, Waiters, Reed, JJ signings at low cost don't hurt at all either. Replacement level players that can play decent enough defense to help keep scoring points in transition, add Richardson that can play the 2 or 3 and they're decent. Especially if we can get Bosh to come off the bench. w/ or w/o Bosh, I think they're decent but JMO.

Losing two of the most talented players last year probably hurts more in the Playoffs then it does in the regular season on a team that was hastily made. Not the end of the world

Last edited:
There's never been an instance where partially torn MCL has been noted as a serious injury. It's generally quite the opposite, again I'd love examples. Not even going to need surgery

Literally means nothing in regards to this team and version of these players. You can't blame Spo for Wade, Bosh, and Deng not being able and willing to play the type of game him and Dragic wanted to play. Wade gone gives Dragic a chance to be a head of the team and play with a better shooter/defender in Rich/Johnson in the backcourt. Whiteside/Dragic was our best pairing aside from Winslow/Dragic cause they know how to play together and what they wanted to do. Derrick Williams likely plays for or ahead of Bosh if he even returns, cause he was brought in to help push tempo like Deng did post ASB as a 4, so I wouldn't worry about Bosh. Williams brought in for that reason, and Winslow starting at the 3 is another advantage to playing faster- He was our best wing defender and prefers to play that type of game. Most his points last year were scored in transition, same as his season in Duke. Best possible way to get him started. Willie Reed is also better than any replacement level center we had last year, he isn't random, he's been in and out of the AA for years like Whiteside was/did

Weber, Waiters, Reed, JJ signings at low cost don't hurt at all either. Replacement level players that can play decent enough defense to help keep scoring points in transition, add Richardson that can play the 2 or 3 and they're decent. Especially if we can get Bosh to come off the bench. w/ or w/o Bosh, I think they're decent but JMO.

Losing two of the most talented players last year probably hurts more in the Playoffs then it does in the regular season on a team that was hastily made. Not the end of the world

The Heat's best players are now Hassan Whiteside, 30 year old Dragic, Brick City Winslow, Waiters, Tyler Johnson and Josh Richardson coming off a torn MCL. And you're upset at the mention that the Heat won't suck, and bringing up them signing Waiters, James Johnson, Willie Reed and Briante Weber as the reasons they'll be alright.

C'mon son.

Last edited:
The Heat's best players are now Hassan Whiteside, 30 year old Dragic, Brick City Winslow, Waiters, Tyler Johnson and Josh Richardson coming off a torn MCL. And you're upset at the mention that the Heat won't suck, and bringing up them signing Waiters, James Johnson, Willie Reed and Briante Weber as the reasons they'll be alright.

C'mon son.

Not mad at him saying they will suck, it's the whining of doomsday from some fans that's inconceivable. FO did what they could with the hand they were dealt. Didn't tie up all their money on a mediocre, ill-fitting core

Dragic-Whiteside and the likes are better than given credit. Never said they were good

Winslow and RHJ are going to be interesting case studies moving forward as to how much the league values shooting vs all around capabilities.

man I just got around to watching AI's speech :frown: :pimp:

this dude will go to my grave as my favorite Philly athlete along with B Dawk, Chase Utley and hopefully Wentz

Two of the most known Bron haters in thread jump ship after their favorite player leaves/gets the boot 
mean.gif

Tek warm blooded tho, so I know he'll be back
wont happen. cant take how they made such stupid decisions and disrespected our franchise/my favorite player ever. i could handle the rest of the stupidity from spo and co. but... that was the last straw. i will only be watching the games to confirm the failure at this point.

edit: wait a minute. by NO means am i a lebron hater. i definitely criticize him for not playing to his abilities and the shenanigans on and off court... but i definitely respect his game. was even rooting for him to beat the warriors by game 7 since the warriors didnt want it anymore. i didnt want lebron to win, but by no means did i actually hate dude lol. tbh, the only person i really hate... like wish he would lose his job and never come near a basketball court again is eric spoelstra. lebron? i just want him to play to his ability. stop pretending to be humble. stop flopping. thats it.

Bruh you not a heat fan no more. You gotta stop caring 
laugh.gif
its been over 20 years of it man. takes time to ween myself off. cant just stop cold turkey, its a process lmao

Last edited:
Ai been a real one. Never was a fan of his game or him on the court when he played nor was I influenced by him but always respected his idgaf stance and him being himself. Not many athletes like that.

wont happen. cant take how they made such stupid decisions and disrespected our franchise/my favorite player ever. i could handle the rest of the stupidity from spo and co. but... that was the last straw. i will only be watching the games to confirm the failure at this point.

edit: wait a minute. by NO means am i a lebron hater. i definitely criticize him for not playing to his abilities and the shenanigans on and off court... but i definitely respect his game. was even rooting for him to beat the warriors by game 7 since the warriors didnt want it anymore. i didnt want lebron to win, but by no means did i actually hate dude lol. tbh, the only person i really hate... like wish he would lose his job and never come near a basketball court again is eric spoelstra. lebron? i just want him to play to his ability. stop pretending to be humble. stop flopping. thats it.

its been over 20 years of it man. takes time to ween myself off. cant just stop cold turkey, its a process lmao

I'll leave the backdoor to the bandwagon open for you, papi. VIP in the Heat thread too, since it will just be me and Mr2cool chitposting and chatty patty'ing for awhile.

I respect Bron's game too, heck, I even have a great degree of respect for him as a person but a certified Bron hater, as are you.

Spo's a good coach, if everything aligns then he'll def get more credit than he should for grooming this team but he's the right coach for this crew of misfits be imo

sup fambs what did i miss in here??

also need help with a basketball saying. it's normally for people who only use one hand for every move they may make.

"if we cut off your left/right hand, no one would notice". is that right?

Last edited:
sup fambs what did i miss in here??

also need help with a basketball saying. it's normally for people who only use one hand for every move they may make.

"if we cut off your left/right hand, no one would notice". is that right?

Sounds about right to me.

Last edited:
Shaq had the best speech. Allen's speech was definitely a tearjerker. I just hated how dude wouldn't set his ego aside and come off the bench in Detroit and Memphis. He would probably still be hooping right now!

+

Lottery teams next season are Miami, Los Angeles, Brooklyn & Phoenix.

Nuggets will be bad and Magic will be bad.

Back
Top Bottom