2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

GS won without one. Cavs won without one.

Thunder had bunch of rim protectors and didn't advance.

If GS's best players played up to their talent this rim protector nonsense would be a non issue.

Did you even watch either Finals? :lol:

GSW won with Bogut and Cavs won with Thompson.

Both were elite rim protectors, he'll GSW lost because they DIDNT have Bogut.

You on water.

Gonna know how the KD meeting went depending on the moves the Warriors are about to make.

Really hope nothing happens so my hopes can keep up. I really like/want KD |I

Lin getting Rubio money
laugh.gif

You on water.
The ironic thing is when Cleveland first made the finals it was all sparked by mosgawd. They were looking lost defensively until he came and really pushed their defense to the next level

I'd like to see his knee get back, the lakers would be interesting if he could get back to that version

GS won without one. Cavs won without one.

Thunder had bunch of rim protectors and didn't advance.

If GS's best players played up to their talent this rim protector nonsense would be a non issue.

You on water.
GS won with Bogut? Lmaoooooo the tables only turned that finals after they took him out of the rotation bro. They started Iggy, dropped Green to the 5 and Bogut fell out of the rotation. Why do ppl keep forgetting this!?

Did you watch?

Last edited:
GS won with Bogut? Lmaoooooo the tables only turned that finals after they took him out of the rotation bro. They started Iggy, dropped Green to the 5 and Bogut fell out of the rotation. Why do ppl keep forgetting this!?

Did you watch?
All depends on matchups but you can look at this discussion and argue both ways

Which is why I said it's a tough call. Boils down to who your personnel is

GS won with Bogut? Lmaoooooo the tables only turned that finals after they took him out of the rotation bro. Why do ppl keep forgetting this!?

Did you watch?

Because Moz was smashing him not because he wasn't effective as a rim protector.

Then they moved Draymond to 5 who is guess what? A good rim protector, which is why the small ball works in the first place.

Keep thinking that nonsense though.

I like the Bayless signing a lot. Perfect stop gap PG to pair with Simmons. He was top 3 in the league last year percentage wise off catch and shoot 3 pointers.

Ohh Draymond and Tristan Thompson are rim protectors now. This argument was over before it began. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Draymond I would put in the category of a 3 and d guy who can play bigger than his size.

TT is just an energy guy who crashes the boards.

I would argue 3 and d guys and big dudes who can rebound and switch onto guards > 'rim protectors'

Last edited:
The ironic thing is when Cleveland first made the finals it was all sparked by mosgawd. They were looking lost defensively until he came and really pushed their defense to the next level

I'd like to see his knee get back, the lakers would be interesting if he could get back to that version

This. It's a very minor knee issue so I'm hopeful

Pacers out here leveling up :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

la-sp-nba-al-jefferson-suspended-20151210

This really reminds me of when David West signed with the spurs and people went nuts :lol:. He'll be an afterthought before January

I'm still shocked Derozan chose to stay with Toronto

I thought he'd be booking it to LA in a hurry :lol:

Last edited:
I still remember folks getting upset with me when I said Jeffersons "clean diet" wouldn't mean much for him last year

In terms of Indy, Myles turner is on the rise I'd prefer to play him as much as possible. You guys are making it seem like everyone is touting Indy as contenders I don't think that's the case

Draymond is a great rim protector. LBJ/KD/Russ just made him look ordinary in the last 2 series. It happens when you're going up against superstars.

If I'm Klay, Draymond, Steph - I feel extra weird about recruiting Durant. That's your rival. You just showed you don't need him. I wonder if it went like Kobe's pitch to Dwight.

Don't these guys know when the tests are?

Hold me pls

But even in his rookie year he was unathletic tough shot maker who struggled with confidence and didnt have the length or athleticism to overcome his shortcomings. Didnt see it then but in hindsight I see it now

Y'all just trying to sound too smart now :lol:. OJ wasn't THAT unatheltic. He was in the James Harden realm of athlete. Maybe even slightly better.

The first half of his season in Dallas a few years ago was crazy. He was averaging like 18ppg and shooting 44% from 3.....then it all went down hill.
You mean he regressed to the mean? :lol:

That hot streak was largely supported by an unsustainable 3 ball.

Last edited:

you and me both

not mad at the deal since its 3 year deal with a TO

which could also be looked at as a 2 year deal then the deal can be moved as an expiring deal

but this just had to happen in the first hour of free agency, ? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom