2017 Best Places to Live in America vol. NYC didn't crack top 20 cities

Grand Rapids, Michigan and Des Moines, Iowa in the Top 20?

This list is exclusively for #FFFFFF people, I shall pay it no mind.
Thank god someone else said it.

My first thought when I clicked the thread was this list aint for blacks.
As a black man from Grand Rapids I have to agree with all of this 
laugh.gif
.  Like I said before, If you're young and black, Grand Rapids is absolutely NOT the place to be.
For a young black male, doesn't get any better than Houston.
The Southeast side of the city is VERY black.  The rest of the city though, yea it's pretty white 
laugh.gif

You probably couldn't pay me to move back to Grand Rapids.  

Last edited:
I was all over Arkansas for 5 years and that place ******* sucks. Not a single city from that piece of crap state should be on there. The only states worse than them are probably Alabama and Mississippi, and maybe northern states no one lives in like Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.

DC is a pretty good place, but id rather live in MD, especially since id like to have a family...

i want my dog to be able to run around in the yard, and my children to be friends with neighborhood kids from around the cul-de-sac...DC doesnt do cul-de-sacs (or at least none that i know of), MD is REAL big on cul-de-sacs...cul-de-sacs are great for families, grid system (like most cities) are good for the fast-paced lifestyle of singles and Dinks...

lots of cul-de-sacs around Montgomery, Howard, Anne Arundel, PG, and Frederick counties...just gotta be able to afford it 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
DC area got boring, after 15 years I had to bounce. Enjoying North Jersey wayy more, but in the end Cali will be the move.

DC is a pretty good place, but id rather live in MD, especially since id like to have a family...

i want my dog to be able to run around in the yard, and my children to be friends with neighborhood kids from around the cul-de-sac...DC doesnt do cul-de-sacs (or at least none that i know of), MD is REAL big on cul-de-sacs...cul-de-sacs are great for families, grid system (like most cities) are good for the fast-paced lifestyle of singles and Dinks...

lots of cul-de-sacs around Montgomery, Howard, Anne Arundel, PG, and Frederick counties...just gotta be able to afford it 
ohwell.gif
PG is very affordable.

I like my neighborhood and location. Thinking about moving to Crystal City and working in Crystal City one day, but who knows.

PG is very affordable.

I like my neighborhood and location. Thinking about moving to Crystal City and working in Crystal City one day, but who knows.
Born and raised in PG. Lived there all my 28 years until I moved to VA just a month ago.

Yes living in PG is more affordable and they are building up certain areas. However, I believe the gentrification of DC is really affecting the areas bordering the city. PG now has some legit hood *** areas and its only getting worse. I had to get out because I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth.

Yea they build some new shopping centers, apartment complexes every now and then. Slap new paint on some old ****. But PG doesn't know how to appreciate nice things...

I was all over Arkansas for 5 years and that place ******* sucks. Not a single city from that piece of crap state should be on there. The only states worse than them are probably Alabama and Mississippi, and maybe northern states no one lives in like Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Peep did not enjoy his time 
roll.gif

Born and raised in PG. Lived there all my 28 years until I moved to VA just a month ago.

Yes living in PG is more affordable and they are building up certain areas. However, I believe the gentrification of DC is really affecting the areas bordering the city. PG now has some legit hood *** areas and its only getting worse. I had to get out because I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth.

Yea they build some new shopping centers, apartment complexes every now and then. Slap new paint on some old ****. But PG doesn't know how to appreciate nice things...

What area did you live in and are you talking about? Largo, Oxon Hill, Upper Marlboro, Suitland, Cap Heights, Bowie?

Want to know the future of PG take a look at Woodmore Towncenter and take a look at the development plans for the new city Westphalia.15- 20 years PG will be totally different . Westphalia will be the most sought after and best area to live in.

PG is already pushing the people from DC out of the county.

Last edited:
list is garbage :lol:

Author went out of his way to not mention NYC. A lot happens in NYC Monday morning than Friday night at some of these places and that is one of the few reasons why NYC >. Job prospects are abundant, earning is based how hard you hustle and affordability is a matter of perspective.

Wash your face right now your bleeding

:rofl:

:lol:

repped

San Jose is boring but yeah, it's nice. The schools alone @#%@ on anything in the city if you have a family, and the houses are MUCH nicer. Plus all the good Vietnamese food and proximity to good Korean food in Santa Clara :pimp: I didn't like it there when I first moved there but don't mind it now since I hate 90% of SF these days. At least there's more to do there than San Mateo (where I live now)

Last edited:
Really? I find that hard to believe esp. cause I lived down the street from Little Saigon in SJ for a while (my family is in the Evergreen area). I don't think I even saw any Vietnamese people or Asian people in general when I went to Denver for a day

Last edited:
Really? I find that hard to believe esp. cause I lived down the street from Little Saigon in SJ for a while (my family is in the Evergreen area). I don't think I even saw any Vietnamese people or Asian people in general when I went to Denver for a day
I believe it was called south federal Blvd.. And then there's also Westminster area north of Denver

Denver has better Vietnamese food than Cali? nah.

First time hearing this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom