2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league, 10th pick. What do you guys think?

Fantasy Football.png

Zeke's appeal will first be heard August 29th. That definitely affects my leagues draft (25th), and I imagine most will be held before/by then as well.

10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league, 10th pick. What do you guys think?

Fantasy Football.png
Great team. Crazy that you managed both AJ Green and Lesean McCoy. Love Crab/Sanders too. When did you take Russ? It seems like to acquire all those WR/RBs you would've had to wait on QB while everyone else went for them but getting Russ as your QB1 doesn't seem like it.

QB3/4 are a little shaky though :lol:.
Zeke's appeal will first be heard August 29th. That definitely affects my leagues draft (25th), and I imagine most will be held before/by then as well.
Decision will probably take some time to come down too. I doubt they give the verdict that same day. My last draft is the day before the season starts so hopefully there's some clarity by then :lol:.

Would you guys rather start out your team with

Brady, Dez, Fournette/Gurley/Ajayi and Pryor/Tyreek Hill

Or

Brady, McCoy, Mike Thomas/Alshon/Hopkins and Dalvin Cook/Mixon

0.5 PPR

Or

0.5 PPR

I want to say the bottom group because Shady will get looks in the pass game. Cook over Mixon.

Great team. Crazy that you managed both AJ Green and Lesean McCoy. Love Crab/Sanders too. When did you take Russ? It seems like to acquire all those WR/RBs you would've had to wait on QB while everyone else went for them but getting Russ as your QB1 doesn't seem like it.

QB3/4 are a little shaky though :lol:.

Yeah I was surprised I got them both too. The mocks I did had me getting Green and Gordon/Freeman, but someone picked Mike Evans early.

I got Russ with the first pick of the 4th round (31st). I was targeting Cousins, Stafford, and Mariota there, but he fell to me. I got lucky that I essentially ended a tier level of RBs with Miller and since others exhausted their picks on RBs from that same tier, I was able to get Russ. Yeah my QB3/QB4 aren't ideal. The best free agent QBs are Trubisky, Lynch, and Mahomes. I figured having two starters in Siemian and Glennon would be better than handcuffing either of them. I'll have to monitor those situations.

Or

0.5 PPR

I'd go bottom.

Or

0.5 PPR

I LOVE Terrelle Pryor this year but I'd go with Brady, McCoy, Thomas, & Mixon

im 10th pick in a 14 man. Should I get aj if he's available at the 10th?

I really wanted my two picks to be aj and then Michael Thomas. Doubt it'll happen.

Yeah I was surprised I got them both too. The mocks I did had me getting Green and Gordon/Freeman, but someone picked Mike Evans early.

I got Russ with the first pick of the 4th round (31st). I was targeting Cousins, Stafford, and Mariota there, but he fell to me. I got lucky that I essentially ended a tier level of RBs with Miller and since others exhausted their picks on RBs from that same tier, I was able to get Russ. Yeah my QB3/QB4 aren't ideal. The best free agent QBs are Trubisky, Lynch, and Mahomes. I figured having two starters in Siemian and Glennon would be better than handcuffing either of them. I'll have to monitor those situations.

I'd go bottom.
I hear that. I'm hoping Mahomes plays this year. That offense would be so much more exciting with him over Alex Smith. But for that to happen their defense would have to regress so they started losing more games due to Dr. Checkdown not trying to win.

Anyone doing a 10-12 team standard scoring ESPN money league let me know. Send me a message or something. thanks!

Most places have him going 40, but that seems ridiculous to me. I know he was drafted early, but it seems like his entire role will be as a pass catching back.

Yeah McCaffrey is such a risky pick where his ADP is at cause I feel like the Panthers will still continue to give Stewart a bunch of the carries, especially goal line

Yeah McCaffrey is such a risky pick where his ADP is at cause I feel like the Panthers will still continue to give Stewart a bunch of the carries, especially goal line

They have absolutely already stated that this is the plan. Plus Stewart has been starting with the first team offense and given the size of Stewart vs McCaffrey here is no way they are giving McCaffrey goal line work. He may be an alright pick in PPR leagues but im not touching him with a 10 foot pole in standard leagues. Even in PPR leagues I'd much rather have Duke Johnson at a much lower ADP. Similar situations and roles but one is being drafted significantly later than the other.

They have absolutely already stated that this is the plan. Plus Stewart has been starting with the first team offense and given the size of Stewart vs McCaffrey here is no way they are giving McCaffrey goal line work. He may be an alright pick in PPR leagues but im not touching him with a 10 foot pole in standard leagues. Even in PPR leagues I'd much rather have Duke Johnson at a much lower ADP. Similar situations and roles but one is being drafted significantly later than the other.

Not a huge fan of Duke Johnson but I'm sure a majority of leagues will have McCaffrey drafted over Crowell, Ty Montgomery, Powell, Theo Riddick, Woodhead, Ingram, Gore, Perkins, Ware, CJ Andersen, Ameer Abdullah, Blount, Gillislee, Rob Kelley, Stewart and Doug Martin. Plenty will have him even drafted over Mixon and Dalvin Cook.

Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Last edited:
dareen sproles had a third rd year cpl years back as a 3rd down back/pass catcher. its possible hes not a bust in the top 40 but yea that would hafta be a special rookie season for that to pan out. i would take him over Mixon tho. im good on Jeremy Hill vultureing all my pts

Jeremy Hill is an unrestricted free agent next summer and Gio can be cut at any point now without much of a cap hit. Mixon is gold as a keeper for next year. Definition of a three down back.

In a 14 team standard scoring league is this a fair roster: 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1K, DEF, and 3 Bench?

Back
Top Bottom