2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

One of Matthews or Zay Jones is going to have to put up some decent numbers.

Had my 1st of 2 big league drafts earlier this evening. 12 team, Yahoo...thoughts?

QB: Cousins
WR: Mike Thomas
WR: Crowder
WR: Keenan Allen
RB: Murray
RB: Cook
TE: Doyle
Flex: Diggs
Flex: Martin

Bench:
Derrick Henry
Jaquizz Rodgers
Mike Wallace
Kareem Hunt
Jordan Matthews
Gio Bernard
Mo Sanu

K: Hauschka
DEF: Jacksonville

Screenshot_2017-08-21-01-03-33.png

Screenshot_2017-08-21-01-03-43.png

Screenshot_2017-08-21-01-03-48.png

Keenan Allen - who just turned 25 in April - is a literal boom-bust (stays healthy, or doesn't stay healthy).

The last three seasons have ended for him in season-ending injuries. Three seems to have a bit more to it than just being unlucky, I don't know, I like him as much as anyone in the bottom top-10 WR pool.

weve been doin this forever guys. there will be a handful of teams posted where you know immediately it is not at all competitive. Brady/Rodgers prob went top 5 cuz hes playing with mental midgets

weve been doin this forever guys. there will be a handful of teams posted where you know immediately it is not at all competitive. Brady/Rodgers prob went top 5 cuz hes playing with mental midgets

Either that or it's a keeper league and he kept one of DJ or Evans. In my two keeper league this one dude basically tanked his team two years in a row to get Julio and Bell as his keepers...and he has an automatic top 6 pick where Mike Evans will be available if he ends up with the top pick. **** is ridiculous.

Alright guys. I'm in a standard league, no weird scoring. Someone just dropped Danny Woodhead (don't ask me why). Would you drop either devante Parker or jonathan stewart for him?

Alright guys. I'm in a standard league, no weird scoring. Someone just dropped Danny Woodhead (don't ask me why). Would you drop either devante Parker or jonathan stewart for him?

Woodhead's value is all really in PPR. Stewart is really the worst player on your whole team though?

Jonathan Williams is another guy that could be a big time steal. I think McCoy and even Tyrod could both be traded over the next couple weeks and Williams has looked good.

Picked 3rd overall in a 14 team PPR league last night:

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Jarvis Landry
RB: Lamar Miller
RB: Danny Woodhead
TE: Hunter Henry
D/ST: Baltimore
K: Chris Boswell

Bench:
Ameer Abdullah
Darren McFadden
Jacquizz Rodgers
Willie Snead
Zay Jones
Nelson Aghlor

Has anyone tried Zero WR strategy and ended up making the playoffs?

Just did a 12 team mock (11th pick) and went with Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook, and McCaffrey as my first 4 picks.

Just did a 12 team mock (11th pick) and went with Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook, and McCaffrey as my first 4 picks.

Yeah I just tried a similar strategy and am hoping it pays off. I find it far easier to find WR2, and flex players in a couple of my leagues than getting RBs due to how active the waivers are. Last year I ended up with some solid WR2 signings that I didnt need because I went no-RB that year. I'll let you know how it goes.

I remember reading an article last year off of Rotoviz about different strategies and zero-wr was almost as effective as zero-rb. I know in the draft I just did, damn near everyone was trying the zero-RB strategy so it was making it incredibly hard to find late round RB fliers.

http://rotoviz.com/2016/06/zero-wr-high-upside-league-winning-strategy-2016/?hvid=5G5U2e

Last edited:

What does the rest of your team look like?

Ended up with nuke and d Thomas next. I think nuke bounces back and played like a first rd pick again I feel like I got a steal

Picked 3rd overall in a 14 team PPR league last night:

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Jarvis Landry
RB: Lamar Miller
RB: Danny Woodhead
TE: Hunter Henry
D/ST: Baltimore
K: Chris Boswell

Bench:
Ameer Abdullah
Darren McFadden
Jacquizz Rodgers
Willie Snead
Zay Jones
Nelson Aghlor
I like it. How the hell did Jordy drop all the way to you at the end of the second round though? He should've been gone in the first :lol:.

IMG_4383.JPG

These are the available players in my two keeper 0.5 PPR league (take out Freeman, Rodgers and Jordan Reed, add Marshawn, Hopkins and Jay Ajayi). My keepers are Brady and Dez but this dude wants to trade me his McCoy for Dez. I have a top 6 pick in the draft so if I don't get the top overall pick and grab Evans do you guys think I should just stick with Dez and start off with Brady, Dez and Gurley/Ajayi/Marshawn/Fournette/Cook, make the trade and start off with Brady, McCoy and Mike Thomas/Hopkins/Alshon or go with Gronk or what? Not sure if I should keep it balanced and have my top QB, WR1 and RB1 to start out with or stack one position in the first couple rounds based on what's available.

Really hoping for a combo of AJ & Jordy b2b at 12-13. Doubt it happens in real life but I've gotten lucky in 2 mocks :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom