2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Hypnotiqs tomorrow at 11am mst but it's phoenix, so I'm pretty sure 11am pst and 2pm est. Somebody in Phoenix confirm this please. I would still check at 10am pst and 1pm est just in case.

Shadows tomorrow at 10am pst and 1pm est.

Hope everybody eats on these recent grs since this is pretty much one of the only entertaining things to do for people rn

Last edited:
There’s a US10 Spectrum here for anyone in the EU

Griffey mid 1st April, EU only again

emotional, or financial? lol

right now i'm about 70/30 boxes vs drop fronts. like you said, from a storage and look perspective, the drop fronts are lightyears ahead. I have maybe 15 drop fronts for the stuff a wear more frequently and it definitely beats having to hunt through boxes to find the pair I want. I've also contemplated getting those dunk stickers I've seen some people do to make it easier to identify whats in the box, but from an OCD organizational perspective, drop fronts all the way. go for the black ones though, just for that extra bit of protection from fading due to light exposure.
Just emotional. I had to sell a lot of shoes years ago for school money, and with that went some boxes. Then after an unexpected move 5 years after that I had to throw away the ones I had left. Nasty move, 3 days to pack my whole life/childhood, and those boxes reminded me of a time when things in life were much simpler for me.

There is nothing better than opening up a box now, and being like “hold up I have these?” and wearing them for the day. And some of the shoes are too beat to showcase in a clear container that is probably worth more than the shoes themselves.

I’m not crazy about drop fronts either. They’re cool but I don’t see it necessary to showcase my collection in that way. My shoes are ziplock bagged air tight in their respective OG boxes. My OCD couldn’t allow my shoes to be exposed to that much air let alone that much light. On top of that I almost love my boxes just as much as the shoes. To me they’re apart of the artwork presentation that is the shoes. What do y’all do with the actual shoe boxes they come in? Throw them away? I could never lol. Everyone’s different though and I understand their appeal so not knocking anyone who enjoys them.

Last edited:
I’m not crazy about drop fronts either. They’re cool but I don’t see it necessary to showcase my collection in that way. My shoes are ziplock bagged air tight in their respective OG boxes. My OCD couldn’t allow my shoes to be exposed to that much air let alone that much light. On top of that I almost love my boxes just as much as the shoes. To me they’re apart of the artwork presentation that is the shoes. What do y’all do with the actual shoe boxes they come in? Throw them away? I could never lol. Everyone’s different though and I understand their appeal so not knocking anyone who enjoys them.
Ah man. You’re the kinda guy I need to talk to then. PM incoming.

Man y’all remember the old Yuku board days (EDIT: holy cow and EZBOARD!!!!) when the quotes would just keep going forever? It was like half a page of one long quote series, all the emoticons all the way down!

Dudes would get caught up some times,because even if you deleted a post, if someone quoted you before it wouldn’t go away! Such a roast fest.

Last edited:

For me, it's as much about utilization of space, storage and access as it is about showcasing. I work from home and have a dedicated office, so why not display? Before the drop fronts, a lot of pairs were distributed between a few closets (some still are), and often times pairs would be overlooked. That "problem" is a lot less of one now. As far as original boxes go, if it's a special box or unique to the pair, it doesn't get trashed. I love a shoe where the theme carries over to the packaging. I've still got stacks from random pairs in closets and the attic, but as far as generic boxes, I just don't need to hang on to them at this point. That said, I can def appreciate the OCD aspect, lol. If I had a space that could comfortably accommodate boxes and still allow easy access, we might be having a diff conversation.

For me, it's as much about utilization of space, storage and access as it is about showcasing. I work from home and have a dedicated office, so why not display? Before the drop fronts, a lot of pairs were distributed between a few closets (some still are), and often times pairs would be overlooked. That "problem" is a lot less of one now. As far as original boxes go, if it's a special box or unique to the pair, it doesn't get trashed. I love a shoe where the theme carries over to the packaging. I've still got stacks from random pairs in closets and the attic, but as far as generic boxes, I just don't need to hang on to them at this point. That said, I can def appreciate the OCD aspect, lol. If I had a space that could comfortably accommodate boxes and still allow easy access, we might be having a diff conversation.
Are racks not able to hold the same amount, if not more per square foot? After setting up on of my racks I was amazed by how many pairs I could fit on it.

how do some of y’all hold loose shoes, but not in drop fronts? I was thinking those hanging shelves as an idea, I have this ugly wooden holder that I can no longer look at, kills the room.
Anyone else have any shoe rooms to share? I need ideas

Are racks not able to hold the same amount, if not more per square foot? After setting up on of my racks I was amazed by how many pairs I could fit on it.

how do some of y’all hold loose shoes, but not in drop fronts? I was thinking those hanging shelves as an idea, I have this ugly wooden holder that I can no longer look at, kills the room.
Anyone else have any shoe rooms to share? I need ideas

I previously had shelves spanning wall to wall at our last place. It looked fairly good, but the problem with having them completely open air like that, for me at least, was dust. So not wanting to work in a stock room, I needed an alternative that would contain them better and still be aesthetically pleasing. For the record, I should reiterate that I also just like the way these look, lol.

I keep all my boxes.... every shoe needs to have a place
I have one closet with all the empties
My new closet setup has less open pairs so many less empty boxes
Old closet had 100 or so open spots plus 100 or so boxed
New one is like 50 with room for about 75 boxed
My goal is still to fit every pair in this one room but it’s tough when new pairs keep showing up

drop fronts are neat but for that kind of money it’s just way cheaper to build your own (old set up cost me less than $300)
If you are concerned about air touching them you have forgotten they are just shoes
Dust is only an issue if you don’t wear them
I am guilty of shoes literally collecting dust

I keep all my boxes.... every shoe needs to have a place
I have one closet with all the empties
My new closet setup has less open pairs so many less empty boxes
Old closet had 100 or so open spots plus 100 or so boxed
New one is like 50 with room for about 75 boxed
My goal is still to fit every pair in this one room but it’s tough when new pairs keep showing up

drop fronts are neat but for that kind of money it’s just way cheaper to build your own (old set up cost me less than $300)
If you are concerned about air touching them you have forgotten they are just shoes
Dust is only an issue if you don’t wear them
I am guilty of shoes literally collecting dust
Pics Volks? I’m real interested in your set up especially at a cheaper price point than the boxes. I got a pair of strangeloves that I’m looking to propose in that I want to keep super clean.

Keep all boxes
Spare basement closet holds DS pairs and empty boxes
Keep shoes in rotation out of box in closet

Pics Volks? I’m real interested in your set up especially at a cheaper price point than the boxes. I got a pair of strangeloves that I’m looking to propose in that I want to keep super clean.
I’ll look to see where I uploaded them
I know they are on my IG..... the pics actually were posted on NT before I knew about NT which I found to be funny

DC7AB0DF-4F8D-49E9-9BA9-2738A3AF201D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom