2017 Tax Season and Return Thread Vol. Tax Podcast Mixed In?

Won't see my tax return this year. My whole return will go towards paying off a credit card.

My fed hit the account today. Ain't no telling when state will hit(CA). Takin the kids to Disneyland and universal in April so I'm about to book that. Payin off some CC debt and putting in new window shutters for the house....Adulting [emoji]128580[/emoji]

I'm getting a whole $114 between state and Fed :smh: I was joking with a female friend that her and I need to have 2-5 kids this year so we can make bank. She said cool as long as we move in together and I file head of household

Living in a state without State income tax is dope. Too bad I no longer live in such a state.

my return came a lot quicker than i expected...was in my bank account less than a week after i signed and submitted

I still can't grasp the concept of getting back more money as a tax refund than what said person has paid in taxes throughout the year. Someone makes $20k a year paying $2k taxes but has two kids and gets back $10k, unbelievable. The entire system has to change.

I still can't grasp the concept of getting back more money as a tax refund than what said person has paid in taxes throughout the year. Someone makes $20k a year paying $2k taxes but has two kids and gets back $10k, unbelievable. The entire system has to change.
Kids are expensive

Wow they were due by January 31st, I would follow up with that employer to find out what happened.
They had sent it to my last address. I told them I no longer live there and they insisted they would send it back to me once it was sent back to them. I told them numerous amounts of times, "listen I used to live in that building, nobody is sending it back to you they'll just junk it if it comes in their mailbox"

Had to keep following up with her and just last Thursday she said she made a note to corporate explaining the situation, that they cannot email it but they will have it re-issued and sent to my correct address. It's Friday and I've yet to receive anything in the mail at all. 
mean.gif

I'm going through a divorce.

Ex wife took my W2s from mail and filled my tax return with hers, but she didn't file some 1099s misc forms I have.

I'm so ****** this season :smh:

What a headache

I got my CA return 9 days after being accepted. Freetaxusa may have been the reason why for a quick turn around

Submitted my taxes this morning and federal is already accepted, hopefully will have both fed and state refund back within March in time to have extra spending money for my vacation in April

Refunds came quick this year. Filed on the 4th received my federal on the 22th didn't get much back. Only 3k.

Back
Top Bottom