**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when men sell themselves out for the money and the fame of sports or the music industry.....the money is so important that they will dance to the OWNERS' tune! Meanwhile, the police keep shooting their brothers, nephews, neighbors, etc.....black men have the wrong goals. They are taught the wrong goals = money over everything! I would prefer if you became a barber and didn't denigrate yourself, black women or the children and elders of the community.
are you still going to watch ?

i know kaep put his money where his mouth was and did alot to actually help but lot of these dudes were just kneeling to kneel/ an empty gesture
. what did kneeling do that actually helped ?
The Civil Rights movement didn’t happen overnight.

tenor.gif

They tried to turn the kneeling into a joke and if failed so now they just did away with it completely. The NFL ***** boys will do as they’re told

Dak Prescott finna have the highest selling jersey.

Like that one Steelers player who was on the field during the national anthem but told everyone he didn’t mean to be out there

Methodical Management Methodical Management ??? CP got avi banned for ads like this?

BBC7A47C-B442-4D9F-A2FF-B5BA06D5DCAE.png

The ads you see in that space are run through networks like Google AdSense that are selected based on factors like your browsing history. Two users can see very different ads on the same page.

If you see an ad you believe is inappropriate or violates our policies in some way, let us know. We’ll do our best to have it removed.

I haven’t seen that particular ad, but based on the still image I don’t see anything that violates our policies, let alone draws a comparison with a clearly inappropriate avatar image.

All dude cares about is ad revenue now
Let's place things in context here. I realize you have something of a grudge against our staff because we aren’t allowing racial slurs on our forums. You can't post the name of your favorite NFL team on our forums and you haven’t had a positive word to say about our staff in years as a result.

You can disagree with our policies. That’s your prerogative, but if all we cared about was money, we’d be running more ads from more networks, selling anonymized user data, or just plain selling the website. We've had ample opportunities.

In fact, I received a legitimate acquisition inquiry literally today from a well-funded company. Would you turn down a multi-million dollar offer if you were in our place? Would you give hundreds of thousands of dollars in site revenues to charity that you could pocket yourself?

Our entire staff uses the forums the same way you do - with all of the ads active. We want the ad quality to be the best it can be, but unless everyone’s willing to pay a subscription fee to use niketalk, advertising is necessary. We removed the higher yield ad networks to better isolate the pop up ads. The problem hasn’t been entirely solved, but it’s getting better and we’re actively sacrificing revenue to that end.

You aren’t obligated to like the result, but if our motives were as selfish as you seem to believe, you and I wouldn’t even be having this discussion. Nelson and I could've have sold you out long ago and spared ourselves the frustration.

There's no need to be adversarial about issues best addressed cooperatively. We all care about this community.

If you want to support NikeTalk, help us stay online, and help us raise money for charity - but you're frustrated by the ads, we're looking at developing a premium subscription option if sufficient interest exists for it. Subscribers still see any sponsored content, like the Random Objects thread, as those are forum posts, but all the network advertising would be removed and the subscription fee, minus whatever percentage paypal or credit card companies extract for payment processing, would be donated to charity. If that option appeals to you, let us know.

Those who prefer our existing free, ad-supported model can help us weed out bad advertising by reporting them here: https://niketalk.com/forums/bug-reports.7410/
Whenever possible, please include a screen shot, your browser/device information, and the URL of the page where you saw the ad.

Those who don't actually care are welcome to post a tired, petty "did not read" gif, but I'm happy to discuss this issue with those who are sincerely interested.

If anyone else has any ad-related questions or concerns, we can discuss them in a separate thread so as not to distract from the NFL offseason discussion.

way off topic, for the older heads out there, if you listen to I AM Rappaport podcast, you have to catch the episode with DJ Premier. Great interview. When hip hop was hip hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom