2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

E0586CD1-206B-4727-AEA3-8035090BADA5.jpeg
53170959-889B-4D72-A8C9-D6AC46095749.jpeg

Don’t like how this team is constructed at all. Talent is there but pieces don’t mesh well. Ben as a player thrives when he has knockdown shooters standing on the line ready to shoot. Without that he’s useless. Embiid wants to pound the ball 10 times or stand at the 3 and miss shots. Jimmy wants to be either super passive or ball hog AI and do it all himself. I don’t know what Tobias deal is, and JJ is getting way more streakiest in his old age.

Works gonna be cut out for brand in the off season. It’s just not about getting talented players who don’t fit each other

Team chemistry is just off right now. Hopefully they clean some things up and Ben, Tobi, and JJ decide to show up in game 2.

Also if Brown puts J. Simmons in before Zhaire again, I’m probably gonna break something in my house.

If Zhaire doesn’t play 20+ minutes for us off the bench and TJ and Boban continue playing as much as they did yesterday then we’re losing this series.

**** simmons and his attitude

“If youre gonna boo dont come to the game”

Dude how bout you show the **** up

Word. Embiid gets It.
“I love the fans and I never say anything about them. They show us love. It’s understandable. They come in, they pay a lot of money... They want to watch us win so I understand why they boo."

Probably the first anti philly thing Ben has said since being here. Players who criticize the booing in philly usually don’t last long here in this city

I’ve been saying this since early in the season, if we continue to focus and build around Simmons instead of Embiid it’s gonna be a failure. Now yes Fultz was a bust but people (the media) tend to forget he was chosen because of Ben weaknesses outside. The trade for Jimmy was again for Ben since Fultz didn’t work. Signing Muscala was another for Ben move

The blueprint for us was to build like the Dwight Howard Magic with Embiid. Surround with shooters with a PnR ball handler. Hopefully EB can fix that for us

You dudes know I’m blunt as possible with my proclamations.

This Sixer team has a legit chance at getting knocked out in the first round.

I’m basing this off everything I’ve seen from them throughout the season. This team has not looked they’re in a good place right now at all. I don’t like much of anything I’ve seen from them as a team lately.

Bro I promise whoever we play in the first round out of the Nets or Magic is winning more than a game against us.

I’m not positive that we’re seeing less of Boban and TJ once the playoffs start, that’s the problem.

Bolden was questionable coming into last night’s game and tweaked his knee again during the game. I’m sure it was precautionary but still.

Word. Embiid gets It.
“I love the fans and I never say anything about them. They show us love. It’s understandable. They come in, they pay a lot of money... They want to watch us win so I understand why they boo."

Probably the first anti philly thing Ben has said since being here. Players who criticize the booing in philly usually don’t last long here in this city

I’m usually fine with the booing but booing in the first quarter when shots just weren’t falling and booing our own guys on the free throw line was excessive to me.

I’m usually fine with the booing but booing in the first quarter when shots just weren’t falling and booing our own guys on the free throw line was excessive to me.

It seems like Ben and other people need to understand it’s not a matter of shots just not falling, it’s a matter of straight up effort. You can lose games and people in Philly will still root for you...but if you show a lack of effort then they will ****ing hate you and let you know it. What I’ve seen from the Sixers over the past month or two is a complete lack of effort for 80% of the time they play. This starting lineup literally thinks they’re too good to give full effort most of the time and that they can just play when they actually feel like it. I’ve commented on this plenty of times and dudes in here kept saying “they’re just waiting til the playoffs.”

Tobias has shown us exactly why he’s bounced around so much, JJ looks on the verge of retirement, TJ is unplayable vs the Nets because of their size of their guards just like Boston, Shake and Zhaire should easily be getting J Simmons and TJ’s minutes but Brett won’t give them to them and Embiid is laboring around the court. They’re also guarding Ben like how Boston guards him and Kenny Atkinson runs circles around Brett as a coach.

This team could reallllly go down in flames this summer if they lose in the first round.

I said this as a hot take but this might be the correct move

Start Zhaire and bench JJ. His only job would be to guard the PG (instead of Ben) and to run and cut all day. You don’t have to worry about JJ getting hunted on switches at all. Having JJ off the bench as a sniper to run with Ben, Scott, Jonah and Tobias gives Brett that United Nations lineup he loved using. Ben could run the break and push it while having shooters everywhere

The other lineup would be Jimmy, Zhaire, Embiid, Ennis and whoever else

But we all know this will never happen because Brett can’t adjust for **** lol love Brett as a guy and leader of men but he ain’t it as a leader of basketball players on a court. Would love to keep him around the org tho

100% agree. I predicted that Brown will revert back go guys he trusts and that's TJ.

As far as effort goes, yeah, we absolutely need to step it up. It's clear that we still have a long way to go in order to compete in the finals, the good thing is, Toronto and the Bucks are our main competition. An unproven team and a team known for choking.

buc em buc em Don’t get me wrong, I think most of the booing yesterday was fine and understandable. I just think booing your own team in the first quarter is a lil too quick on the trigger and booing Ben when he’s shooting free throws doesn’t make sense.

Exactly, booing in the first was the fans keeping it real and hoping it would light some fire in the player’s ***. All I’m saying just don’t be sensitive to it and that’s how he took it yesterday. I understand he might’ve spoke with emotions after a bad game and lost.

Honestly would be open to trading him if he keeps the bull**** up lol

Send him to Miami if he wants fans who won’t boo him

Loool. Nah Ben. Keep the same energy you had yesterday. If you’re going to criticize the booing, stay on that side.

He’s 22 years old and had one of the worst games of his career. He shouldn’t have said what he said but it I’m sure he’s over it and the fans should too.

I’ve been saying this since early in the season, if we continue to focus and build around Simmons instead of Embiid it’s gonna be a failure. Now yes Fultz was a bust but people (the media) tend to forget he was chosen because of Ben weaknesses outside. The trade for Jimmy was again for Ben since Fultz didn’t work. Signing Muscala was another for Ben move

The blueprint for us was to build like the Dwight Howard Magic with Embiid. Surround with shooters with a PnR ball handler. Hopefully EB can fix that for us
I think that’s completely wrong as 1. In the league nowadays iso big man isn’t the way to win, and 2. Embiid ain’t gonna hold up 10 years

Not saying they should but a team with Simmons, a big like javale McGee and 3 knock down shooters is way more competitive than building anything around embiid

Let’s hope he’s over it lol if he doesn’t come close to a triple double tomorrow they coming for his head, win or loss

I think that’s completely wrong as 1. In the league nowadays iso big man isn’t the way to win, and 2. Embiid ain’t gonna hold up 10 years

Not saying they should but a team with Simmons, a big like javale McGee and 3 knock down shooters is way more competitive than building anything around embiid
Because how many teams have a transcendent big man?

If you know Embiid has a short life span, either you build around him or move him. There’s no in between. All the moves have been made to benefit Simmons. Moving Embiid could’ve netted us someone who could fit even better is where I’m going with this, not saying that was what needed to happen but based on what the team has done

Because how many teams have a transcendent big man?

If you know Embiid has a short life span, either you build around him or move him. There’s no in between. All the moves have been made to benefit Simmons. Moving Embiid could’ve netted us someone who could fit even better is where I’m going with this, not saying that was what needed to happen but based on what the team has done
I like embiid but I’ve been on the bandwagon that he’s not a sustainable player in the long term but fans don’t want to hear that. It’s a fun experiment but it’s not gonna work if every season he starts falling apart before the off season. But they won’t ever trade him because the team for better or worse has made him the poster child of the sixers

Back
Top Bottom