2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he was, not that I want him to be. Put your shirt back on. The team is high on him. Had he not broke his hand in Feb, he wouldn’t been on the playoff roster. If I had choose between him and TJ, I’d rather have him but we do need a back up. Come playoff time, Jimmy would be primary secondary ball handler anyway.

Yes we missed out on cost controlled 2nd rounders but we also have UDFAs to look at. Bring in Aubrey Dawkins to camp. Shooter and good athlete

If we had a point guard worth a **** then we wouldn’t need Jimmy as our second primary ball handler anyway.

Also...why didn’t EB just give up 34 instead of 33?.....I would’ve been totally happy just with Thybulle and Edwards.....

Also...why didn’t EB just give up 34 instead of 33?.....I would’ve been totally happy just with Thybulle and Edwards.....

If we came out with just those two I wouldn’t even complain. Us having four picks in the top 41 and coming out of it with just Thybulle who we had to trade up with a division rival just to get is complete and utter garbage.

Who are realistic options as a backup PG?
Austin rivers
Rajon Rondo
Patrick Beverly
Trey Burke
Isaiah Thomas
Jose calderon
Tyreke evans
Darren Collison
Eldrid Payton
Derrick rose

The sixers could get Trey Burke or Isaiah Thomas for relatively cheap and basically use him as the primary scorer on the second team

Austin rivers
Rajon Rondo
Patrick Beverly
Trey Burke
Isaiah Thomas
Jose calderon
Tyreke evans
Darren Collison
Eldrid Payton
Derrick rose

The sixers could get Trey Burke or Isaiah Thomas for relatively cheap and basically use him as the primary scorer on the second team

IT legit couldn’t even get off the bench for the Nuggets. Dude’s hip is ****ed.

D-Rose would be an amazing option but we’d have to see what he’d command.

Collision or Bev would be great but will command more money.

Calderon, Rondo or Elfrid...I’m good.

I know it's a crazy scenario. but if the Nets do land Kyrie, I'm wishing for a sign and trade Dlo and Harris.

If we came out with just those two I wouldn’t even complain. Us having four picks in the top 41 and coming out of it with just Thybulle who we had to trade up with a division rival just to get is complete and utter garbage.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about this either. I feel like Brand is making NT moves as a GM. A bit short sighted.

If we had a point guard worth a **** then we wouldn’t need Jimmy as our second primary ball handler anyway.

See, my main problem is Simmons as our Primary Ball handler, he should be our secondary. against a set defence, Simmons will be much more effective playinng the Jokic role making plays from the post than bringing the ball to the top of the key, handing it off to Butler, then going to the corner. He doesn't make plays against a set defence.

I believe he said something in the line of:
Clippers
Raptors

Nets
Sixers
Two other teams i can't remember

I believe he said something in the line of:
Clippers
Raptors

Nets
Sixers
Two other teams i can't remember

He mentioned the Sixers, Nets and Knicks as the only other teams that would maybe get a meeting besides Raptors and Clippers.

Oh yeah, Knicks too.

I think our chances are slim to none. I wouldn't invest too much into it.

Oh yeah, Knicks too.

I think our chances are slim to none. I wouldn't invest too much into it.

I honestly think he was just talking out of his ***

We’re just simply signing back Jimmy, Tobias and JJ and filling out the roster from there.

EB missed me with that comment that went along the lines of “you can’t win with a roster full of young guys”....I would’ve been fine with a combo of Thybulle, Fernando/Edwards/paschall tbh. EB forgetting it’s an 82 game season. Gonna need guys to burn through all those minutes

EB missed me with that comment that went along the lines of “you can’t win with a roster full of young guys”....I would’ve been fine with a combo of Thybulle, Fernando/Edwards/paschall tbh. EB forgetting it’s an 82 game season. Gonna need guys to burn through all those minutes

And then we’ll be right back to having this convo when the starters need rest and we gotta throw out a lineup of Shake-Zhaire-Thybulle-Scott-some stiff 30+ year old center and nobody can score for 5 straight minutes.

Sixer bros...

I’m scared as hell for this Sunday to come :lol:

It’ll be nice to get this over with and whatever happens happens but I’ve bounced back and forth between very confident and not very confident at all for the past month. This morning I woke up with a bad feeling about how this is going to end up.

Yea I have no idea what’s about to happen. It’ll suck if Shamet got traded for nothing. If Tobias and Jimmy are about winning, then they should stay here. Josh Harris better put his money where his mouth is

Back
Top Bottom