2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Did you guys hear Jeff Francoeur say that doubles are sometimes better than a HR because they keep rallies going?

Am I the only one that agrees with him? If I'm down 4 in the 9th, with a man on, I'd much rather a double than a 2r HR. I'm mad that ppl are making him out to be such an idiot for that comment. Especially listening to this deadspin podcast where neither of these dudes know a damn thing about baseball :lol:

Yeah I agree with that. Especially is a pitcher is pitching out of stretch instead or what not. Pitchers pitch differently with runners on. You almost allow him to reset the inning by clearing the bases. Plus runners on always give the chance the fielders to make bone head fielding mistakes. It makes sense.

Yeah that was wild. Dude confronted Puig for being frustrated with HIMSELF.

giphy.gif

Looking for good food and thots, tbh.

Food: Santarpio's has incredible pizza, but it's in East Boston which is out of the way unless you're going to/from the airport. There's not much else around there, so if you want to stay closer to downtown, Hanover St. in the North End has a bunch of good Italian places. For seafood... people rave about Neptune Oyster, but the wait at that place is usually insanely long. I'm a fan of Legal, personally. Never not had a good meal there. There's one on State St. downtown and another in the seaport district. Also in the seaport, Harpoon Brewery can be a good way to spend an afternoon. You can take a tour of the brewery for 5 bucks and they'll give you a bunch of different beers to try. Abe & Louie's on Boylston is prob the best steakhouse IMO. Expensive though (Idk if you're trying to go full antidope or what). If you can get into Yard House near Fenway, they have a million beers on tap, but it gets packed on game days.

Thots: I'm semi-washed, what do I know. :lol: I've had success at Wild Rover, Sissy K's, Hennessey's, Bell in Hand... those Faneuil Hall bars fill up with early 20s girls, especially late August/early Sept. when school starts back up. Coogan's on Milk St. has dollar drafts if you want to get drunk af for cheap. The clubs are in the Theater District (Royale, Icon, etc.) Honestly can't even tell you how they are because I don't really mess with those places. Don't go in with high expectations though, I'm pretty positive the club scene pales in comparison to LA. :lol: My go-to these days is 6B on Beacon St. They do '90s night every Friday and '80s night every Saturday, so '90s on Friday is right up my alley. Plus it's a mixture of the 20s crowd and other dinosaurs like me on the wrong side of 30 now. :lol: Someone less washed than me, feel free to point this man in the right direction.

Reactions: HIM
Did you guys hear Jeff Francoeur say that doubles are sometimes better than a HR because they keep rallies going?

Am I the only one that agrees with him? If I'm down 4 in the 9th, with a man on, I'd much rather a double than a 2r HR. I'm mad that ppl are making him out to be such an idiot for that comment. Especially listening to this deadspin podcast where neither of these dudes know a damn thing about baseball :lol:

It is universally believed that homeruns are the 2nd biggest rally killers possible.

Wait are people actually making him out to be an idiot? He is absolutely correct.

Yeah in Japan I believe they didn't even slide into 2nd or run into the catcher, when it was legal, out of respect for the opponent. I wonder what fans over there think. This is another example of how dumb baseball's unwritten rules are. Sometimes I can't help but think about it as "White Baseball Rules". How do people get upset at batflips and passion, but okay potentially hurting the opponent to feel better about your own team? That's some sucker ish.

Yeah in Japan I believe they didn't even slide into 2nd or run into the catcher, when it was legal, out of respect for the opponent. I wonder what fans over there think. This is another example of how dumb baseball's unwritten rules are. Sometimes I can't help but think about it as "White Baseball Rules". How do people get upset at batflips and passion, but okay potentially hurting the opponent to feel better about your own team? That's some sucker ish.

I agree, I was pissed when Posey got injured a few years back. That whole running over a catcher tradition always felt odd to me in baseball

Back
Top Bottom