**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

LinearBelatedHornet-size_restricted.gif

great help defense. Bean was a different breed.

Lakers channel Spectrum Sportsnet doing a marathon today and showing the past 5 championship close out games. 2000 NBA Finals Game 6, 2001 NBA Finals Game 5, 2002 NBA Finals Game 4, 2009 NBA Finals Game 5, 2010 NBA Finals Game 7

:pimp:

Last edited:
As a Lakers fan, I really like this idea. Our path to the Finals would be very favorable. We'd have to play the Nets, Rockets/Jazz winner, and the Raptors before playing the Bucks/Clippers winners in the Finals. Very unlikely this would happen but I'd like it

That's a hell of a draw for the Lakers. :lol: :pimp:
That itself would be a conspiracy theory. 😂 People wouldn't be happy w/ us winning a chip this season unless we played the last 2 Dubs squads in the 1st rd., 96 Bulls in the 2nd rd., 96 Dream Team in the 3rd, and 1992 in Finals. Not the 1992 Dream Team; the entire league, as they were.

Anything short of THAT path will be collectively received w/ an asterisk.

And I collectively wouldn't care, so long as a banner hangs. I've always told people it's silly to discredit the Spurs first in 99.

Reseeding 1-16 makes more sense than having 20 teams in different groups like it’s the World Cup. You telling me you giving the Suns a shot at the title for their ****ty play all season.

Man watching the 2010 championship trophy presentation is sad:

Kobe, Giana, Dr. Jerry Buss, David Stern, and Stuart Scott all gone now 10 years later.

it’s the worst. At least Stern and Buss lived long lives. Stu got cancer and was nothing he could do RIP

Kobe and Gigi’s tragedy was an avoidable accident. too foggy, just drive! And they were so young. A million times more heartbreaking to me

Chick really was the best.

Imagine Magic and ****ing Dream in that 1991 finals vs the bulls.

😫😩

**** backfired. He was (is) a devout man of God and enticing him with girls was the wrong move. Almost as bad as Mitch and Jeanie recruiting Lamarcus Aldridge by telling him how rich they can make him with endorsement

**** backfired. He was (is) a devout man of God and enticing him with girls was the wrong move. Almost as bad as Mitch and Jeanie recruiting Lamarcus Aldridge by telling him how rich they can make him with endorsement

Dwight Howard is also a devout man of God.

He has children with 6-7 different women.

We don’t know these guys so just saying “hey I heard that so and so is really religious and can’t be enticed by women” doesn’t really hold water.

Dwight Howard is also a devout man of God.

He has children with 6-7 different women.

We don’t know these guys so just saying “hey I heard that so and so is really religious and can’t be enticed by women” doesn’t really hold water.
You must not know of Hakeem very well. There’s a reason why players who knew/know him speak of him with such respect. Go look up an interview with Kenny Smith. He practically said players use to go to him to settle their disputes bc he was such a fair and kind person

You must not know of Hakeem very well. There’s a reason why players who knew/know him speak of him with such respect. Go look up an interview with Kenny Smith. He practically said players use to go to him to settle their disputes bc he was such a fair and kind person

I have no doubt that Hakeem is well liked, respected so on and so forth.

I am not disparaging Hakeem in any way.

What I am saying is that you are relying on second hand sources and treating them as definitive sources on whether or not he was interested in various women or could be lured to LA by women.

You don’t know. Kenny Smith’s account doesn’t speak to Hakeem’s bed room activities.

Hakeem could be “fair and kind” to 11 different women in the same night for all you know.

🤣

It is well-documented that he is a devout Muslim but that doesn’t tell me that Chick’s hard sell on LA women fell on completely uninterested ears.

I have no doubt that Hakeem is well liked, respected so on and so forth.

I am not disparaging Hakeem in any way.

What I am saying is that you are relying on second hand sources and treating them as definitive sources on whether or not he was interested in various women or could be lured to LA by women.

You don’t know. Kenny Smith’s account doesn’t speak to Hakeem’s bed room activities.
Ok cool I can dig that

but usually when you entice a player to come to Hollywood for the women, it usually pertains to women that you wanna be seen out with. Any major city can get you girls who will sneak into your hotel room and **** you silly, but LA and or NY can get you seen at the hottest clubs and restaurants with models etc. anyhow. Stupid thing to argue about.

Back
Top Bottom