**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You guys think if we run it back + AB that wouldn't be enough to repeat?

Obviously JR, Waiters, and Javele probably won't be back.

Acquiring a shooter will elevate this team even more.

I think Javale will return. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Clippers go hard after Rondo.

Dominated the west bracket and the clippers got exposed so I'm leaning yes. As long as no other team adds a 3rd star the mle should be enough. Dallas and gsw would be the toughest outs

Ya DAL and GSW will be very good
Nets, Boston and Clips in the next tier

I’m 50-50 on if we can run it back
We had the best leader in basketball to lead this team in the bubble. That dynamic won’t be a factor when things go back to normal

AB back.. i think TECHNICALLY it would be enough but it would be a grind
Need a shooter REAL bad lol
and another PG would be great too
because Rondo only has like 1/2 good games a series :lol:

Kuz for this team is gonna have to learn a new playstyle
he used to being a 19+ ppg guy with hella touches

he gonna have to become a catch and shoot 3+D. but he's been pretty good off cuts too.
his defense got much better this year even though in the last two series it ramped down
but still much better than when he entered the season imo

I gotta see how Golden State and the Nets round their team first, but so far I got Denver being the toughest team to deal with next season but they still gotta show me consistency from both their guys. It feels like Jokic and Murray can fade in and out at times, and if Grant is not going supernova on offense that supporting cast can falter.

I still don't trust the Mavs defense taking the leap to championship contender but I'm confident they will win a boat load of games next season.

Last edited:
GS worries me the most. They have no answer for AD or Bron as currently constructed though. Nets healthy are going to be a problem too if healthy. We need to reload if nothing else but to get through the grind of the season, I wouldn't expect another season like Bron just had with the whole revenge thing.

I just don't see any team ****ing with us as constructed... without bringing in a Bradley Beal or another star player.

I don't foresee us making any drastic changes IMO

We legitimately RAN through the west this season, I'm not sure what we could do that wouldn't effect the makeup of this team.

GS worries me the most. They have no answer for AD or Bron as currently constructed though. Nets healthy are going to be a problem too if healthy. We need to reload if nothing else but to get through the grind of the season, I wouldn't expect another season like Bron just had with the whole revenge thing.
tenor.gif

Yea i'm not with any deal that requires us giving up a lot of depth at the wings considering we're already weak there. Chances are this season is going to be condensed which means much less rest for Lebron, our #1 need is getting another playmaker. I think we go into the season with Kuz & green & let them raise their value a bit.

And for as much as it seemed like DG missed everything he was still a 37% shooter on the season

The grind of 82 then playoffs is different than the 6 month break we had after a shortened season. So you have to factor that as well.

LeBron not slowing down any time soon. I think he'll gun for MVP next season

he was gunning for it last season. Assists leader on the 1 seed in the west while putting up 25 points and he didn’t get it lol. Don’t think he can do much better than that going forward.

its AD time.

regarding Vic, it’s too risky of a move to make for not a sure upgrade.
the only bullets we have to trade are Kuz, the pick & DG. I wouldn’t waste those bullets on Vic. Like Vic but he has to prove that he still has it post injury.

Danny Green is easy to make fun of but he’s a hooper.
boy was running on fumes and still made several key deflections and rebounds.
not to mention the work he did on wings defensively throughout the playoffs
Not to mention the spacing he provides. Even if he’s not hitting you have to respect him and that’s hella valuable.

people think he’s overpaid but you try and find a good 2 way wing two weeks into free agency. Lakers lucky they got him last year tbh.

Cause his numbers/ record won’t be better than Giannis

Remember these voters are Human & MVP is based off narrative, after seeing how it ended for Giannis in the playoffs again i see it being very difficult for them to give him 3 straight MVP's. Luka gets anywhere near a top 3 finish in the West & i'll put money on him getting it. The Media are thirsting over dude :smh:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Luka next year.

Bron could have a legit shot at another one next season

Also can’t wait for the “Bron couldn’t do this in a full season” “shortened season, doesn’t count” narrative :lol:
if he gets MVP and/or #5

Back
Top Bottom