**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Danny's lost half a step, but is still a positive. Kuz makes his mistakes, but I liked the strides he made on defense this past season.

This team thrived on defense and chemistry all season. I wouldn't disrupt it for Oladipo or Lavine. A change around the fringes is more likely and helpful to me.

tenor.gif

Let me stop myself. :lol:

We should be goin hard for Jerami Grant, imo. I would love to add him to the rest of the roster.

not a chance we get him or Denver let’s him go.
Lakers #1 priority is conserving future cap space, Grant is going to command a long term deal at 7 figures+ yearly. It’s not happening.

If AD sustains the shooting from the bubble I don't see any reason why MVP can't be his
Agree. That and the DPOY are all reputation and narrative based awards. Even if he doesn’t win an MVP next year, I think he’ll be a lock for DPOY if healthy.

Media has a way of paying it back since AD was definitely robbed this year.

Danny Green is easy to make fun of but he’s a hooper.
boy was running on fumes and still made several key deflections and rebounds.
not to mention the work he did on wings defensively throughout the playoffs
Not to mention the spacing he provides. Even if he’s not hitting you have to respect him and that’s hella valuable.

people think he’s overpaid but you try and find a good 2 way wing two weeks into free agency. Lakers lucky they got him last year tbh.

Stop it he's TRASH. They were leaving him wide open and he could do nothing but brick that's unacceptable. He was getting blown by repeatedly on defense as well could barely move laterally. He's getting older and ain't really bringing a premium on either side of the ball and is taking up a lot of the cap, he gotta go.

Just looked it up over 30% of his shots were with a defender not within 6 feet of him, he only shot 36% from 3.

Last edited:
Kuz had a few runs where he playes DECENT defenfse....but his defensive FUNDAMENTALS are terrible....

he cant “stay down” he bites and jumps at everything on the perimeter. He don’t shuffle his feet heel-toe, he likes to bounce and always gets caught out of position when he does that opposed to sliding his feet...he’s really tall so when guys take him off the dribble and stop his length/momentum always carries him out of position.

he’s got some really bad habbits on defense 3 years in and just too tall to stay in front of guys shorter than him.

if he was a knock down shooter it would be easier to look past some of these things, but he’s not and unfortunately they are all amplified.

Robert covington is the player Kuz isn’t.

Kuzma and green are our best trade package. A team like Mavs or kings may love Green bc of championship experience and vet presence on an expiring deal. Kuzma makes it even sweeter with youth, athleticism and now championship experience. I can easily see a team taking that trade. It’s a win win for us bc those two gave us VERY LITTLE anyways

Pels going to keep Jrue Holiday or make him available? Reunite Kuz with the rest of the baby Lakers.

Dinwiddie just left Roc Nation, Danny Green is Roc Nation, Kuz is Puma. I'm just saying.
That’s the exact type of trade we need.

would help both sides. Nets need experience and who is better then green for them at that. (Lol just don’t tell him what they will get in reality)

Jrue would basically guarantee us a title.
I’d trade tht green Kuzma 1st rounder buy a second rounder and Avery for him.

Kuz is in his third year & made big strides on defense, And this was his first year playing on a good team with actual sound coaching all around. If we could get a really good upgrade for em then cool but he's done well enough especially for his price.

IDK if some of ya'll expected him to be an AS or something but he gets entirely too much hate for the role he plays on this team.

Can’t understand the praise for DG at this point. He is a severe shell of his former self and declined steeply this playoffs. My man in slow motion out there and can’t hit shots .

Give him the max, should be a no brainer.
I don’t see him getting the max. 23-25 mill at most. I don’t think BI gives any ****** about Zion being Zion so I don’t see him being there long.

Kuz is in his third year & made big strides on defense, And this was his first year playing on a good team with actual sound coaching all around. If we could get a really good upgrade for em then cool but he's done well enough especially for his price.

IDK if some of ya'll expected him to be an AS or something but he gets entirely too much hate for the role he plays on this team.
Honestly, no cap.....just to hit wide open shots.

couldn’t even get that this year

Back
Top Bottom