2019 52 Week Savings Challenge

Hey man, how’s the housing situation in Texas? I’m thinking of moving there if I get a chance. Thanks.
I live in Mansfield, Texas... near Dallas. And they're building houses left and right.
When I bought my house in 2005, the landscape was nothing but country-like, I'm talking cows and plains. Now there are hundreds of little neighborhoods and more popping up every year.

it's not surprising, though. homes are really affordable which attracts out-of-state people, especially Californians. You can buy a 2300 sq. ft. house like mine for 120-300K or you can ball out and buy a mansion-size house for 400-800K, which is a drop in a bucket compare to other states. On top of that, employment opportunity is limitless, plus no state income.

Can’t lie. Where I work a ton of people tell me they want to move to Texas and buy a house.

I can’t do it. I’m assuming Houston and Dallas are almost equivelnat to major cities? Is so is housing cheap there as well.

Also don’t want that heat.

I was only able to add the first deposit. I'm supposed to get a letter to sign and mail back to Ally.
idk if some allow for deposits but
CDs cannot be touched until maturity date you cant withdraw nor deposit(you can only do an initial Deposit) and u all know withdrawin from CDs have penalties
i opened a CD end of 2017 which matured no in December 2018 what i did was renew the CD while also making a deposit to the renewal
The point of this is cuz CDs offer higher interest rates than regular savings accounts

i get paid on friday
not sure if im gonna add more or not this month yet
or wait till the first paycheck in feb

Missing one week isn't bad. Most of us in here are most likely gonna put our tax refunds into our savings so I wouldnt sweat missing a week

I'm a week ahead of my savings. I think I'm gonna stay a week ahead depending on when my tax money comes. I still ain't got my W-2 :stoneface:

Missing one week isn't bad. Most of us in here are most likely gonna put our tax refunds into our savings so I wouldnt sweat missing a week

I'm a week ahead of my savings. I think I'm gonna stay a week ahead depending on when my tax money comes. I still ain't got my W-2 :stoneface:
im not really doing weekly
im doing at least 1k a month
im just tryna get ahead
hopefully i can almost double the projected
so far i have 2,011

Week 4
6754AEC2-F15A-4567-A332-FCB1F45E9D1F.jpeg

So, I was planning on using this saved money as a surprise trip for my wife. But nosey *** saw my deposit email and questioned what it was.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom