NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Remember they did that in reverse on the 88' cement 3s. NA on the heel but Jordan on the sole. Don't put anything past Gentry's punk ***...

I’m terrified of Gentry real talk. But even with 88 3’s that was the year of the resurgence. Air Jordan 1’s got OG branding and the hypebeasts lost their mind. 88 3’s were part of the hype because of the NA on the back which we really wanted and we let them get away with the sole. Lol 88 3’s were the reason why 2013 Royals hype went through the roof. Everybody went after 88’s and passed on Royals until they realized the Royals were limited and then it was chaos. 2013 was a fun year for JB

Gentry might be the reason I get out the game, fam....

realtalk01.gif

It's bad enough, that my favorite silhouette, will never have it's original shape again...

Hell, even a damn improvement...

|l

But if they (Gentry) starts ****ing up logos, adding/removing things, and changing color shades on purpose.

I'm done.

I'll just go back to trying to grab older retros, OG's, my Vandal collection, and other Nike's I missed out on...

Gentry’s whole goal was to change things so that the OG pairs could be their “own”. Said it in multiple interviews. Prepare for things to be different for the sake of being different. JB was at its WORST with him and I don’t see why it won’t be that way again. Sad thing is JB was doing it’s best sales wise with him as well.

I don’t think they’d bring Gentry back in just to go against their new marketing model. I expect some extremely garbage retro + colorways however.

Gentry’s whole goal was to change things so that the OG pairs could be their “own”. Said it in multiple interviews. Prepare for things to be different for the sake of being different. JB was at its WORST with him and I don’t see why it won’t be that way again. Sad thing is JB was doing it’s best sales wise with him as well.

That’s why he’s back but, its a different game now. It’s not the same as 2006. Hope JBs reps are lurking and reading this...

This actually isn't true, JB's year-over-year revenue growth from 2012-2017 was significantly higher than any year between 2007-2011 (I stopped looking beyond '07), granted it was a different economic climate. But I'm still dumbfounded as to why Nike retained him, there really isn't any persuasive reason. His entire outlook of protecting the longtime passive collectors by not releasing identical retros has such flawed reasoning from a business standpoint that it's laughable. I mean for ****sake, Nike Golf inherited it's marketshare in the golf apparel industry, its the last man standing, after every other relevant company died off over the past 5 years alongside that dying sport...

I remember their sales in 2014 or 2015 being reported as their highest ever. He was gone before that. 2017 is when things faltered only a little

If the Gentry era is coming back I'm gonna be angry beyond words. Sure I can go back and purchase the recent OG retros but there are so many others I'm looking forward to. Black Tongue/Grape/Fire Red 3M 5, Dark Charcoal 7, Black Infrared 6, Black Cement 4, Cardinal 7, Playoff 8, etc etc. I really hope legitimate photos of these surface soon because if the jumpman is back I won't be buying any Jordan's next year. :smh:

If these and the infrareds have the jumpman on the back, I’ll gladly skip both pairs. I already had the Mars and 2012 Fire Red 4s, as well as 1991,2000, infrared pack, varsity red, and 2014 infrared 6s. Neither release is necessary at this point.

I can't believe you all are even entertaining that these or the 6s will have a jumpman on the back.

See ya'll on rd

I blame people who have this mindset that they need them by any means necessary, regardless of changes, is why Jordan Brand feels like they can get away with anything they want to.

If these have a jumpman, then they’re basically the 2012 version, just with slanted mesh. I guess I’m more selective now that I’m older, but these need to have Nike Air like they originally had.

I skipped everything after the 2011 white cement 3s til 2015. There are folks who skipped retros since before that. There’s even folks who stopped buying all together. It’s actually not as hard for folks to just stop buying stuff, especially when Jordan brand has all but confirmed that the jumpman era was a troll job.

Even the larger consumer base has passed on things they found unacceptable like the true blue 3.

I blame people who have this mindset that they need them by any means necessary, regardless of changes, is why Jordan Brand feels like they can get away with anything they want to.

If these have a jumpman, then they’re basically the 2012 version, just with slanted mesh. I guess I’m more selective now that I’m older, but these need to have Nike Air like they originally had.

He's basically saying that you all are overreacting because of really terrible unauthorized photos.

I said see ya'll on rd cause they will have the nike air

i'm not buying the jumpman either

I can see why some would question these but I really don't see them Jumpman'ing the Infrared VI's. Any OG with JM gets an expedited pass. The onslaught of great retros at the beginning of the year was hefty on pockets.

I can see why some would question these but I really don't see them Jumpman'ing the Infrared VI's. Any OG with JM gets an expedited pass. The onslaught of great retros at the beginning of the year was hefty on pockets.
I hope you’re right, although the 4s are seemingly a Red flag

I said see ya'll on rd cause they will have the nike air

i'm not buying the jumpman either

My bad, i misinterpreted your post. I voice my opinion to some of my friends and family about skipping these on these OG releases and some have the mindset like “you have no willpower, you’re going to cop just like i am and you’re going to be happy with whatever they put out just like me”.

We as consumers need to start forcing Jordan Brand hand more and demand for them to make reasonable fact replicas of their retro shoes. The reason we got Nike air and better quality is because we as a sneaker community made it known how displeased we were with the quality they were putting out. Those true blue III retros because the end result was poor for a $220 sneaker. They learned their lesson for the most part with the black cement III earlier this year.

I can't believe Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ has you all brainwashed by these unauthorized photos. You all know they had a sample ordered before they even begin production. Stop believing everything you see on the internet. You all know that the 6s and these will have Nike Air along with the other 4s that are rumored to release or have you all forgotten all of the Jordan 3 NRG releases. Use common sense people!

Back
Top Bottom