2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Man, as a lifelong MJ fan and fanatic back then for him and the Bulls and Nikes and Air Jordans, I have zero recollection of EVER seeing that commercial before. I don't know how that is even possible, given how closely I followed this stuff for a long, long time. What, did they air that ad a whole one time? I watched every Bulls game in that era on WGN and of course the national broadcasts, so where were they airing it? Crazy there was a Mars and Mike commercial out there I'd never seen till now SMFH LOL

Wait what? You’ve never seen that commerical?!?! Wow!

Aqua my guy your thumb longer than a Disneyland line
B35A7C4B-1E80-4745-BB78-D30A083B2B93.gif

Wait what? You’ve never seen that commerical?!?! Wow!
:rofl:If I did, I must've only seen it once or twice when it was current. I have a pretty ridiculous memory for lots of useless things, too, so the fact I really don't recall it leads me to believe I didn't see it. Or at least proves my point that it must not have run much at the time. Perhaps stranger, I've never seen it posted on NT before, and like I said, it's not included in any of the Air Jordan commercial compilations I've ever watched online. It's actually pretty cool to see something new when it comes to all this nonsense because I've pretty much seen it all, 100 X over LOL

Reactions: ARK
:rofl:If I did, I must've only seen it once or twice when it was current. I have a pretty ridiculous memory for lots of useless things, too, so the fact I really don't recall it leads me to believe I didn't see it. Or at least proves my point that it must not have run much at the time. Perhaps stranger, I've never seen it posted on NT before, and like I said, it's not included in any of the Air Jordan commercial compilations I've ever watched online. It's actually pretty cool to see something new when it comes to all this nonsense because I've pretty much seen it all, 100 X over LOL

My favorite commercials for my favorite Jordan.

My favorite commercials for my favorite Jordan.

Those are classic. Most of the Mars commercials are great. I actually always thought the majority of the Mars commercials for the 6s were the weakest ones, if I'm honest. The whole Lil' Richard genie thing was corny. This "new" to me Finals one above is easily the best Mars 6 commercial, thought the one where he's doing a Nike commercial in his room is alright. Except Mike isn't even in the damn commercial LOL
I think my favorite Mars and Mike spots are the ones for the 4s. Those ones still get me hyped and make me want to wear my WCs.

because most never owned them to know how trash they were. People tend to glorify the past.

Right out of the box I could tell the 2019 had a softer midsole.
I disagree. The 2019 feels EXACTLY how i remember the 2000. They were firmer than other retros at the time, but comfy compared to the bricks the PU midsole Jordans are now.

Im taking these over the 2000s. Strictly from the look stand point. I seriously passed on the 2000 when they were in my hand. Not because they were bad, but because they didnt appeal to me at all. The darker infrared and the glossy midsole with no 3m just made it easy to put them down. I know those have certain details the 2019 does not, but I still like this release slightly more. (putting on hard hat right now).
I give the 2000 the SLIGHT edge.

The biggest reasons being the proper durabuck with the sharp rands, the purely clear white soles with no tint, and the nourished Nike Air. For me, that outweighs the 2019 having 3M and a more accurate infrared.

Pics for emphasis...

Binfared40.JPG
Binfared30.JPG
Binfared41.JPG

Even though I ate on footapps and SNKRS, I copped another pair on the Hibbetts restock, which arrived today. I initially questioned purchasing so many pairs since I'm likely only going to wear 1 or 2 pairs :lol:.

But after seeing them all together...

NO REGRETS.

These are my 3rd favorite Air Jordan behind Playoff 13s and white/cement 3s, and I remember for YEARS staring at pictures of fresh 2000s, and being frustrated that any future retro would be an abomination in comparison, and I was proven right with the 2010 and 2014 releases. The 2019 pair is a 9.5/10, with the 2000 pair being a 10. And if I had the chance I would stock up on 2000s without a moments thought, so it's almost the same thing, and I'm okay with that. :smile:

Making me want to grab more pairs :nthat:

I remember that commercial very well. Especially the part when he's standing next to the ref holding the VIs! Also, little trivia, the PA announcer in it was Ray Clay, from the Bulls. Pretty cool!

I know there are quite a few people in here that still wear #NTDenim, but the reason I actually enjoy this release more than I did in 2000 is because we wear pants that compliment these better nowadays. In 2000 we were wearing extremely baggy pants and J’s don’t look good imo with pants that aren’t tapered. Now I’m not talking about wearing jeggins or skin tight denim, but pants that actually fit. I’ve seen a lot of fits with these that make them pop that much more.

I actually thought this exact same thing once I saw on-foot pics around the day of the release. Makes a huge difference with VI's IMO. :pimp:

Nothing corny about that. I was born in 2000 so I obviously missed that release , the original release, and I didn't have money to get the 2014 release. Though I'm glad I didn't get those steel toe, jumpman air, infrapink monstrosities. Thank you NT fam for schooling me on OG colorways and models during my lurker days and putting me on the right path. :lol: This is my first time ever owning black infrareds and the fact that my first pair(s) ever are fairly close to the originals still leaves me in awe every time I see them. They get me nostalgic for a time I never got to experience.
Same here, man. Born in 2000 so I also missed on the first Retro of them. I also remember when I started reading up on the Retro game how the '14 pair was HIDEOUS, so it was an easy skip for me. But when I learned these would be rereleasing... I couldn't pass them up. The same nostalgia I had when I first saw the 2000 pair was the same feeling I got when my '19 pair came in the mail. I can't help but look at them and say "I still can't believe these came out the RIGHT way."

Back
Top Bottom