2020 BET Awards Thread June 28th

That Mary performance was a struggle at the beginning but it picked up once she hit the big stage.

She has hits on hits on hits

Tyler Perry is for the people, you may not like his work, but he will still help you do whatever you want to pursue.

Mary's performance and H.E.R highlight this for me.

And the dudes trying to get in the camera shot in the back lol.

Overall, this was a pretty good year for the BET Awards. Pretty much liked everything except the Nipsey tribute. Felt they could have done a better job and his momma was bugging. She might really need a counciling session.

She pretty much got up there and started talking about spirits and how she was there with Nipsey when he got killed in spirit form. She sounded and looked like she was drugged up. Then she kept messing with the mic when Nipseys father was trying to speak.

As far as his tribute... it was decent. They performed his new song with DJ Khaled & John Legend. Marsha Ambriosus performed Real Big for him & YG did Last Time I Checked.

YG also debuted his new music video for Nipsey Hussle during the Red Carpet event which was wack imo.

Best parts of the night to me was watching Mary J Blige perform & hearing Tyler Perry speak.

Didn't know that the land he built his studio on was a former confederate army base.

Didn’t see a bunch, but the Regina bits were pretty funny, the Mary tribute was great, Migos sucked, and Ill give Nipsey’s mom a pass but she did really trail off and I had no idea where she was going.

Game was outside the Awards show during the pre show shooting some type of video in honor of Nip. I personally felt like The Game, Snoop Dog and a few other respected rappers that messed with Nip should have performed his hits.

Don't want people to take this the wrong way, but I felt like the BET Awards catered to Nipsey more than they should have. They changed the red carpet into the blue carpet (feel like the Crip side of things shouldn't be pushed during his death) for him & gave him the humanitarian award. Meanwhile they barely did anything for the legends that died. Aretha Franklin didn't get anything, while John Singleton only got a 2 minute speech.

To be honest, the only person I see that fuk with Nipsey hard was YG. The others may just be capitalizing on the matter.

Game was outside the Awards show during the pre show shooting some type of video in honor of Nip. I personally felt like The Game, Snoop Dog and a few other respected rappers that messed with Nip should have performed his hits.

Don't want people to take this the wrong way, but I felt like the BET Awards catered to Nipsey more than they should have. They changed the red carpet into the blue carpet (feel like the Crip side of things shouldn't be pushed during his death) for him & gave him the humanitarian award. Meanwhile they barely did anything for the legends that died. Aretha Franklin didn't get anything, while John Singleton only got a 2 minute speech.

I was surprised to see the tribute that they put together for him. Very disappointed. That YG performance/tribute was garbage and the A$I label mates looked like they haven't figured out that they need to be more polished while on stage. I realize YG and Nipsey were homeboys but..damn... I feel like YG is completely exploiting the situation. Everybody keeps talking about Game being a "clout chaser" but somehow it's alright if YG does it. Makes no sense. The DJ Khaled song is terrible and it was a poor choice to have him and John perform.

Definitely get the sense that the media is glorifying his gang connection. "Nipsey blue", changing the red carpet to blue, showing his homeboys throwing up the 60's sign. Come on man....His impact was more than just gang culture. It's just all part of marketing and BET trying to capitalize off of the situation.

D9zARyrXUAYTkFP.jpg

Doja Cat
D9xoaURX4AEb3SC.jpg

Justine Skye
D9x4jnSXsAAkyZ4.jpg

D9yJGdMWkAA710z.jpg

D9yJGczWwAIDw9O.jpg

Saweetie

Back
Top Bottom