2020 BET Awards Thread June 28th

She pretty much got up there and started talking about spirits and how she was there with Nipsey when he got killed in spirit form. She sounded and looked like she was drugged up. Then she kept messing with the mic when Nipseys father was trying to speak.

As far as his tribute... it was decent. They performed his new song with DJ Khaled & John Legend. Marsha Ambriosus performed Real Big for him & YG did Last Time I Checked.

YG also debuted his new music video for Nipsey Hussle during the Red Carpet event which was wack imo.
eh her son was killed
id give anyone a pass for that

That mj and James Brown show was special. Also when maze performed. Nothing but good vibes in there.
I wish the bigger stars would continue to show up. Bet supported them when no one else would.

I was surprised to see the tribute that they put together for him. Very disappointed. That YG performance/tribute was garbage and the A$I label mates looked like they haven't figured out that they need to be more polished while on stage. I realize YG and Nipsey were homeboys but..damn... I feel like YG is completely exploiting the situation. Everybody keeps talking about Game being a "clout chaser" but somehow it's alright if YG does it. Makes no sense. The DJ Khaled song is terrible and it was a poor choice to have him and John perform.

Definitely get the sense that the media is glorifying his gang connection. "Nipsey blue", changing the red carpet to blue, showing his homeboys throwing up the 60's sign. Come on man....His impact was more than just gang culture. It's just all part of marketing and BET trying to capitalize off of the situation.
YG Fked with Nipsey hard before they both blew up.

I was surprised to see the tribute that they put together for him. Very disappointed. That YG performance/tribute was garbage and the A$I label mates looked like they haven't figured out that they need to be more polished while on stage. I realize YG and Nipsey were homeboys but..damn... I feel like YG is completely exploiting the situation. Everybody keeps talking about Game being a "clout chaser" but somehow it's alright if YG does it. Makes no sense. The DJ Khaled song is terrible and it was a poor choice to have him and John perform.

Definitely get the sense that the media is glorifying his gang connection. "Nipsey blue", changing the red carpet to blue, showing his homeboys throwing up the 60's sign. Come on man....His impact was more than just gang culture. It's just all part of marketing and BET trying to capitalize off of the situation.
Facts.

Back
Top Bottom