2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
You got a good point there. But what explains the black metallics and white fire red 5, and the black red 13 in 98. No photos of him wearing them show flash of 3m.

Ya dude I dunno. Could it have something to do with how the lighting works in the open space of an arena? Are there pics of players wearing retros of these models that we know have 3M where the reflection is obvious while they’re wearing them in modern games? That would be a good place to start this investigation in terms of a baseline quantification. Not that I’m going to be the one to do it LOL

Ya dude I dunno. Could it have something to do with how the lighting works in the open space of an arena? Are there pics of players wearing retros of these models that we know have 3M where the reflection is obvious while they’re wearing them in modern games? That would be a good place to start this investigation in terms of a baseline quantification. Not that I’m going to be the one to do it LOL
Lol, I have already looked. I really didnt find anything. Looked up Nate Robinson, Andre Drummond, Rip, D Wade, Eddie Jones. Nothing.

3m is only visible in certain angles

and the shoe has such minimal amounts of it it’s not gonna show from a super well lit court even from all the cameras taking pics

and you don’t need flash to see 3m or take a pic to see it

3m is very visible from the right angle under the right light

That’s been my suspicion but I don’t know for sure.

3m is used by construction and street repair workers everyday. The material is meant to stand out in sunlight and darkness. As long as light hits it. It will flash. That is why its demanded that workers wear 3m vests while driving Fork trucks and doing road construction. 3m is a safety tool used everyday for the purpose to stand out and be seen immediately.

3m is used by construction and street repair workers everyday. The material is meant to stand out in sunlight and darkness. As long as light hits it. It will flash. That is why its demanded that workers wear 3m vests while driving Fork trucks and doing road construction. 3m is a safety tool used everyday for the purpose to stand out and be seen immediately.

of course

3m is nowhere near as visible in well lit areas as it is in dark areas with lights aimed at it

that’s why the vests are also neon colored

of course

3m is nowhere near as visible in well lit areas as it is in dark areas with lights aimed at it

that’s why the vests are also neon colored
Hmmm. Very good point. But, there is a group pic of MJ during the 1990 all star weekend pictured with the 3 point contestants. In the back of the arena somewhere of course. Would the 3m flash show up then?

michael-jordan-1990-three-point-contest-1.jpg

Hmmm. Very good point. But, there is a group pic of MJ during the 1990 all star weekend pictured with the 3 point contestants. In the back of the arena somewhere of course. Would the 3m flash show up then?

really just all angles

we can be looking at the same 3m material and one of us will see it shining and one won’t depending on where you’re standing

if you notice the pic you posted the 3m on the 5s not shining crazy

mainly based off the angle and camera shot it at

another angle the 3m would be so crazy the jumpman wouldn’t even be visible

really just all angles

we can be looking at the same 3m material and one of us will see it shining and one won’t depending on where you’re standing

if you notice the pic you posted the 3m on the 5s not shining crazy

mainly based off the angle and camera shot it at

another angle the 3m would be so crazy the jumpman wouldn’t even be visible
Not to derail this thread about the 5. But there have been thousands of pics in 1990 of MJ wearing these from a thousand angles. How does the 3m not pop, at least once?

There's gotta be someone out of the thousands of members in NT that has a game worn Jordan 5, 6, or 13 to show us if there's 3m on it lol

There has been too many reasons to believe MJs game worn pairs have no 3m. The game worn pairs pictured do not supply the proof that they had it. At the end of the day, who cares, I love the 3m and want it on the next release for sure.

There has been too many reasons to believe MJs game worn pairs have no 3m. The game worn pairs pictured do not supply the proof that they had it. At the end of the day, who cares, I love the 3m and want it on the next release for sure.

Now that it came up, I don’t care either per se. But at this point I feel like there are so few things I either don’t know or knew at one point and forgot about most Jordans that something like this is a rare new factoid for my database of pointless/useless knowledge lol

I doubt his pairs didn’t have 3m. It’s not like it would’ve shined with flash anyway. Flash only does so much in a well lit area. There’s so many bright lights in a stadium, that there probably wouldn’t be the same glare that a smaller space with less lights would have. Try taking a picture outside with flash(not saying the stadium is as bright as the sun). Plus on court cameras probably had adjusted settings to take pictures without flash

In for a pair depending on pics. The last release were cheeks. Need Sport Blues too.

Had a DS pair from 2014, sold it to Round Two in LA last year (needed cash while on vaca lol)

Was supposed to wear em but figured the NA release will be coming soon, sho nuff it is :pimp:

I've never liked 3m on Js. The most useless and random use of a material on a shoe ever. "What's it for?" "It will make a reflection if you take a picture of them with a flash. That is unless you're in a well lit arena, then it does nothing at all"

The purpose is to stand out? Was that in the print ad lol. Imo, the design of the shoes already stood out so that reason confirms my belief it's one of the most random and useless materials used.

The purpose is to stand out? Was that in the print ad lol. Imo, the design of the shoes already stood out so that reason confirms my belief it's one of the most random and useless materials used.
In a print ad? No. In a book with passages from Tinker? Yes. Hopefully for you, they dont have 3m in the next release. A lot of us hope they do.

Back
Top Bottom