2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
In a print ad? No. In a book with passages from Tinker? Yes. Hopefully for you, they dont have 3m in the next release. A lot of us hope they do.
I'm grabbing these either way, the 3m isn't a deal breaker. Its so insignificant which is why I feel like I do about it.

I'm grabbing these either way, the 3m isn't a deal breaker. Its so insignificant which is why I feel like I do about it.
Well, to many people its a very significant detail that matches the original 91 release. Is it subtle on the black/infra 6? Yes. Is it a deal breaker? Depends on who you ask I guess.

Well, to many people its a very significant detail that matches the original 91 release. Is it subtle on the black/infra 6? Yes. Is it a deal breaker? Depends on who you ask I guess.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not knocking anybody who wants it. Just sharing my opinion, and why I feel that way, which is probably in the minority. I also dislike gitd soles so my taste might even be considered eclectic.

3m on the 5s is cool. It’s cool because it’s in the tongue, and I’m sure in the 90s, that was revolutionary. On these? It’s useless and not even cool looking.

Hopefully Carmine’s make a return with NA next year too. It’s nice these will have it, although it’s hardly noticeable with black on black. It seems like they would be dropping more originals with NA, and as close as they can get to originals. Since there seems to be a decline of interest in Js as of late, not that they are going anywhere. Really, it seems like the sneaker craze has died down in general.. I guess just based on the volume of releases over the last several years. But I’m always down for the OG drops, and there’s the occasional must have + joints.

IMG_20180714_195816.jpg

Are we not looking at 3m holes in this pic? I don’t think the holes would be as pronounced without them...

Damn that pic is exactly the shoe the color I hope we get for this retro....the previous infrared was way to loud

Pics probably will arrive in September. Probably of GS first. Hopefully they aren’t those stupid obscure leaks. Obscure leaks work best when you don’t alre know what the shoe looks like.

Are we not looking at 3m holes in this pic? I don’t think the holes would be as pronounced without them...
Good point. I actually looked at pics from Nike headquarters. They have several game worn Jordans in their display area. I wish someone could take pics and verify flash being used. I just cant get past the 5 and 13 though.

And I DON'T blame him one bit...

It's his FAVORITE Air Jordan, of ALL-TIME.

And it was worn by Michael Jordan, when he FINALLY won his first NBA title.

air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-24.jpg

air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-26.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-13.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-28.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-12.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-19.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-21.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-04.jpg
air-jordan-vi-black-infrared-og-23.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Top 3, IMHO.

#3 behind the Black Cement 4's, and Black Metallic 5's.

Some days, I look at them & I wanna put them in second place, though.

:lol:

That Infrared is just the GOAT.

The Infrared shade will most likely be the same shade as the upcoming “Tinker” 6s. It makes sense, I highly doubt JB will drop 2 different shades of Infrared in a Jordan 6 within less than a year apart.
D77BCF82-3964-4AC6-88F4-F232D446470C.png

The Infrared shade will most likely be the same shade as the upcoming “Tinker” 6s. It makes sense, I highly doubt JB will drop 2 different shades of Infrared in a Jordan 6 within less than a year apart.
D77BCF82-3964-4AC6-88F4-F232D446470C.png

I just PRAY to god they don't use a glossy paint finish, on the midsoles. That ish is ATROCIOUS!!!

Hopefully, it's the same exact finish, that was used on the 2014 release.

These rank #4 behind the black red 7, black red 11, 45 pe jam. Aqua 8 #5. My list will not change,, ever.

Neither will mine.

Here's my top 5.

All me, & from my IG page.

23735418_308479612986425_3614600568862932992_n.jpg

31245604_1609006732548986_36808625640964096_n.jpg

20901974_160620581179924_6163238787989110784_n.jpg

27881327_146325569377316_7837406551659773952_n.jpg

19764390_391068711290298_1811544319857786880_n.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

https://www.instagram.com/marztharealist/

I know everyone generally thinks that black/metallic V retro was done well, and I agree it was compared to previous versions, but looking at that pic in the context of the OG VI images from Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ reminds me of what my OG black metallics were really like. That sheen to the durabuck that tonytobacco tonytobacco (and I) loves, it was the same on the OG Vs. And that blued outsole is just wrong on the black/metallics. It was just clear on the OGs, and it had a different textured rubber as well, if you had or have seen OGs in real life you know what I mean. Not trying to be a downer, just remembering why I saw that recent black/metallic retro in stores for a good two weeks after they dropped and despite LOVING that shoe, passing again and again. It's just not right to me. It looks like a dried-out version of the OG to me, if that makes any sense :lol:

I know everyone generally thinks that black/metallic V retro was done well, and I agree it was compared to previous versions, but looking at that pic in the context of the OG VI images from Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ reminds me of what my OG black metallics were really like. That sheen to the durabuck that tonytobacco tonytobacco (and I) loves, it was the same on the OG Vs. And that blued outsole is just wrong on the black/metallics. It was just clear on the OGs, and it had a different textured rubber as well, if you had or have seen OGs in real life you know what I mean. Not trying to be a downer, just remembering why I saw that recent black/metallic retro in stores for a good two weeks after they dropped and despite LOVING that shoe, passing again and again. It's just not right to me. It looks like a dried-out version of the OG to me, if that makes any sense :lol:
True, but the 2016 may be the one true remaster that came as close as possible literally. The 3m was different, but they had to change it to get as close to the OG shine. Even the 2007 3m looks more OG but has a weak shine. In regard to the midsole, I think the blue was an improvement. It’s faded over time. As far as the durabuck, while we speculate that they can recreate the OG leathery texture, we have no contemporary evidence that they can.

In comparison to retros in the last decade, the 2016 Met 5 was a great retro.

True, but the 2016 may be the one true remaster that came as close as possible literally. The 3m was different, but they had to change it to get as close to the OG shine. Even the 2007 3m looks more OG but has a weak shine. In regard to the midsole, I think the blue was an improvement. It’s faded over time. As far as the durabuck, while we speculate that they can recreate the OG leathery texture, we have no contemporary evidence that they can.

In comparison to retros in the last decade, the 2016 Met 5 was a great retro.

I absolutely agree, and alluded to that in my previous post, sorry if it wasn't clear. It was a good retro especially in the context of past versions.

Here's the thing boiled down when it comes to my posts in general about these retros across the board: I've been with this brand since I got my OG fire red 4s for Christmas in 1989, when I was in 8th grade. So I'm old, at least in terms of THIS stuff. I've been on NT since 1999 when I was still just barely older than 20, even though I never really posted anything until the past couple years. I've seen it all, good, bad, and even ugly. At some points, REALLY ugly LOL. The good news and I agree with you, we're in a reasonable place right now with what we are getting.

That said, if you look at the history of the Jordans that--let's be honest--a lot of us REALLY are into and care about, it's the 1s through the 13s or 14s. Those are THE bread and butter of this brand. And within those 13 or 14 shoes, depending on your personal taste, there are a few that are the standouts. And the reason they ever became the standouts in the first place is the little details, the materials, the shape, etc. I am not a big stickler, though it seems like I might be, for this pedantic nitpicking on a lot of them. For instance, I got the white/black 9s from 2016, and I don't really give a flying **** that the outsole jumpman faces the wrong way on the left shoe. I know the 4s shape and cut is still not quite right, but I love my 2016 white/cements. They look good to me and give me the same feeling I had originally.

BUT a couple/few shoes remain where details were SO key to what made them bad *** that without them, I do not get that feeling. They've destroyed the 3s. And putting the wrong materials and coloring on the black 5s and 6s just makes them, to me, easy to pass on. They aren't FAR off, but I was there originally, so they are still off.

Cue the people calling me old, a whiner, it's not that serious, it will never be the same, etc etc. And that's fine. But when we're on this topic, I will always express my dismay. It's the only way to affect change, however unlikely. I don't believe it will happen anytime soon, but if everyone like me just sits back and eats it, it most definitely has ZERO chance of ever happening.

Sorry for the classically long post on my part to the folks here who can't read more than 75 words at a time.

Back
Top Bottom