**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I wanna make sure I have this right.....

Magic signed Javale McGee and Michael Beasley, then Magic decides he needs to trade a 21 year old legit Center to rid himself of Beasley and make Javale "happier" and somehow you guys blame LUKE for this?

For real? :lol: :rofl:

I can't wait to see who y'all's next scapegoat is. You guys almost need Luke to stay to keep blaming someone for stuff.

Magic is just a puppet. Number 23 is the Puppeteer and the one behind every single move they've made (and weren't/won't be able to make).

Magic signed Javale McGee and Michael Beasley, then Magic decides he needs to trade a 21 year old legit Center to rid himself of Beasley and make Javale "happier" and somehow you guys blame LUKE for this?

I can't wait to see who y'all's next scapegoat is. You guys almost need Luke to stay to keep blaming someone for stuff.

Yep. You the coach. Control the locker room...

6aa4c4dfyuf21.jpg

tenor.gif
That's your TV bruh? Look like a box TV quality.

No, it's simply called being logical.

Magic brought this group in. Bron, Rondo, Beas, Javale, Lance.

Who, and I do mean WHO, could have forseen anything weird goin on there? Anyone? Could ANYONE have seen issues with that group coming in, while still having 5-6 babies on the roster as well?

Oh, that's right, EVERY ****ING ONE SAW THAT.

Everyone.

But the coach, just the coach, is at fault for the moves Magic makes before, and after. Just the coach.

:lol:

Who, and I do mean WHO, could have forseen anything weird goin on there? Anyone? Could ANYONE have seen issues with that group coming in, while still having 5-6 babies on the roster as well?

Everyone.

But the coach, just the coach, is at fault for the moves Magic makes before, and after. Just the coach.

The roster construction isn’t fully Luke’s fault. But it’s lukes job to put the players in a position to succeed. That means not running iso and pnr for kuz and Ingram 20x a game. He keeps utilizing players in play types they are weak in. Who do you blame for that? Imagine if a coach had Tom Brady trying to be like Cam Newton lmao. That’s essentially Luke Walton

lol typical Laker fan overrating their own players... zubac has probably only had a handful of good games this season and he is somehow a "legit center" :rofl:FOH
but dont let your mancrush on Luke fade, its hilarious.

Everyone.

Magic brought in the players.

Luke is supposed to control the locker room.

And nobody is saying Magic should get a pass. But based off that article seems like a locker room issue that the coach should be controlling....

Magic brought in the players.

Luke is supposed to control the locker room.

And nobody is saying Magic should get a pass. But based off that article seems like a locker room issue that the coach should be controlling....
In fairness to Luke, he's been dealt with a bad hand. Locker room isn't exactly filled with veterans known for fine characters. They lucked out on Rondo but Lebron + a collection of 1 year rentals with questionable history isn't going to create a great environment. Then, you add Magic who IMO created the biggest rift this season by putting the whole block up for grabs and you're looking at an unmitigated disaster.

The fact that Luke is able to hold the fort, given the series of injuries, locker room issues and agendas speaks volume of his ability to keep the guys together. I'm not a fan of his rotation and offensive execution but he's been a damn near legendary in managing a boatload of temperament.

Luke's a bit green and could probably use a couple more seasons as an assistant but he's honestly done a solid job as a coach.

Last edited:
These guys magic brought in have been journeymen for a reason. Luke supposed to suddenly change their stripes after all these years?

Reactions: God
Ohhhh surprise surprise AD got hurt :lol:

Demps looking funny in the light now

Becoming clear that they’re not lining up to play with Lebron and be his scapegoat
Isn't Morris part of Klutch also?

Sigh got rid of Zub because McGee was having hurt feelings. Dude is on a mins restriction, what difference does it make.
that looks bad/worse than what it was but..

kuz dropped a very catchable pass in a crucial moment of the game..
Something like that, however should be mad at himself that game for the lazy defense he played.
That's your TV bruh? Look like a box TV quality.
Hope you aren't serious, pretty sure that is just a random picture found online. I sure hope that isn't his actual picture quality, half step above floor model status.

In fairness to Luke, he's been dealt with a bad hand. Locker room isn't exactly filled with veterans known for fine characters. They lucked out on Rondo but Lebron + a collection of 1 year rentals with questionable history isn't going to create a great environment. Then, you add Magic who IMO created the biggest rift this season by putting the whole block up for grabs and you're looking at an unmitigated disaster.

The fact that Luke is able to hold the fort, given the series of injuries, locker room issues and agendas speaks volume of his ability to keep the guys together. I'm not a fan of his rotation and offensive execution but he's been a damn near legendary in managing a boatload of temperament.

Luke's a bit green and could probably use a couple more seasons as an assistant but he's honestly done a solid job as a coach.

Bad hand or not, why should we have to ship out a young piece because he can't control 2 vets?

Hold the fort? Nah bruh. This team is in disarray right now. a mix of Bron's BS, Luke allowing the trade BS to affect the locker room as well as Magic allowing the trade demands to go public all effected the team.

The blame is not SOLEY on Luke like some in this thread would like to believe we all think, but he plays a role...

Bad hand or not, why should we have to ship out a young piece because he can't control 2 vets?

Hold the fort? Nah bruh. This team is in disarray right now. a mix of Bron's BS, Luke allowing the trade BS to affect the locker room as well as Magic allowing the trade demands to go public all effected the team.

The blame is not SOLEY on Luke like some in this thread would like to believe we all think, but he plays a role...
Dudes act like Cartwright and Jordan was cool after he threatened Jordan. Sometimes you don't get along with a teammate but you better suck it up for the better of the team.

You been here long as I have. You've seen this group.

They wanted Luke out before his first game.
They wanted DLo out soon as he was picked.
They wanted Buss out immediately.
They wanted MDA out the day he was hired.

It's just how this stupid fanbase is. Forever *****ing and whining without ever looking ahead at a bigger picture.

LA could sit still, do nothing to Luke, add Kawhi and trade for AD. Rondo stays for a piece of that action. Other free agent ring chasers would sign on for that. LA would start winning 55-60 games again, legit contender.

"Luke learned how to coach"
"Luke learned how to rotate players"

No, Luke was given a real roster.

Now go ahead and scratch Luke's name out and replace with Shaw/Thibs/SVG/Jackson/whoever and the narratives will be the exact same.

Rotations, locker rooms, defense, Hero-ball, young players, etc etc etc.
Add Kawhi-Anthony Davis, oh coach legit, he's up there with ____ as a top coach yadi yadi yada.

After Luke gets fired, the focus will shift to Magic (or Rob), Jeanie, Bron, the next coach, blame blame blame.

But no one will look at the players, who brought in the players, who is hurt or not, who is simply slumping vs being actually good enough or not, who shaved their eye brow once and all the other factors that go into a group.

Phil was the goat. We weren't doin **** with young Bynum/Farmar/Sasha/Shannon with Kobe/LO. Suddenly we add Pau and instantly 3 straight Finals.

Interesting how that works. You'd think fans would learn from an example like that. Thee GOAT needed a roster boost like that. But we expect Luke to make miracles happen (and we were in Home court range) after seeing Bron, Rondo, Ball all go down.

Oh well. Bring on Mark Jackson, he'll get it straight for us. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom