2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Sad as **** to see people vote in their friends. SMH, ****in terrible. These two are nowhere near the Hall. Two of these worst players to ever make it.

Albert Belle not making it cause he was rude and a prick, that's real cute.

“If Babe Ruth didn’t go unanimous, Rivera shouldn’t either!” Some 75 year old writer.

The problem here is that you can’t not vote for someone for fear that EVERYONE else will.

What if everyone votes like that, feeling like everyone else will vote him in? He will get zero votes and fall off the ballot (but presumably be a unanimous selection by the committee).

They make the votes public now, so whoever doesn’t vote for Mo should have to explain why. And if they EVER voted for a reliever (as that’s the only conceivable reason to not vote for him; not believing in the position he was clearly the greatest at), they are not voting fairly and should lose that privilege forever.

The guy was the epitome of class his entire career. He was beloved by fans and rivals like. He is what you want as a player and a person. And he was clearly the greatest to ever do what he did.

Of course many before him should have been unanimous (as recently as Griffey), but this is the first time that a player of his magnitude (not only controversy free, but the consummate professional always, an ambassador of the game) is on the ballot with full transparency.

He won’t be unanimous. Jeter won’t be. ARod and Pujols won’t be. Neither will Trout in 20 years. Nor will a guy that batted .650 with 2000 homers.

Things change.
Eventually the MLB will, too.

IT has to start sometime.
This may be the Perfect sometime for it to start.
You can't explain leaving him off, unless you just dont' care to be around for another vote.

This part of the reason why I hate the MLB. It's so archaic in it's rules and traditions that it refuses to adapt. However, those same traditions are why it's so dope sometimes :lol:

Another favorite is there were 28 voters who did not vote for Rickey Henderson.

“If you could split Henderson in two, you'd have two Hall of Famers.” -- Bill James

Yeah, I don't know how one can hesitate to vote Mo Rivera in when's he's literally the GOAT closer with all the accolades. Trevor Hoffman is in, so that whole reliever/closer shouldn't get in discussion is pretty dead.

On a different note, Ottavino saying he'd strike out Babe Ruth "every time" is savage, but I see where he's coming from.

Phillies out on Harper? Honestly I think the Angels signing Harper would be crazy. To see him trot that outfield alongside Trout would be pretty cool.

I knew this was going to happen. Get my hopes up for Harper and Machado.....and end up not getting either of them

Cutch is a solid pickup. Im not mad at it. Phillies said yall wanna see stupid, yall gon see stupid

Back
Top Bottom