2023 Official MLB Season Thread

London Stadium

D9rfcKQX4AIhhRD.jpg

D9rfeA8WwAAvZ0c.jpg

D9rffy3XYAAVJQB.jpg

I don't think Pujols gets enough love for being an all-time great. Maybe that changes when he retires. He pretty much had no strike zone at the plate in his prime. Just a machine.

I’m pretty sure if he retired, the Angels would still be on the hook for the rest of his player contract. MLB contracts are guaranteed. Yankees were still pay Arod the last year of his deal even though he was retired.

I’m pretty sure if he retired, the Angels would still be on the hook for the rest of his player contract. MLB contracts are guaranteed. Yankees were still pay Arod the last year of his deal even though he was retired.

I don’t think that’s how that works.

Unless he has to retire due to injury or is released by the Angels I think he would have to forfeit the remainder of his contract if he were to retire before his contract was up.

Plus I think A-Rod was released first and then retired so he was still owed that money from the Yankees.

I don't think so?

Probably not
https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrym...0-year-contract-with-the-angels/#3c8b2d116dbc

Plus he's under contract until 2021 and has 59 Million Dollars left on his contract. He also has a 10 Million dollar personal contract after he retires which will pay him 1 million a year for 10 years :lol: His agent put in work for him lol.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/albert-pujols-795/

Yeah I didn't think so either but the way they're treating him in STL today is kinda weird :lol:. Is it his first time back?

At least Bryce had a decent game. But yea, that’s been the most disappointing team this season

Mets pitcher Jason Vargas to a Newsday reporter:

"I'll knock you the **** out, bro."

:rofl:

Posted already in tweets, but here's the full story.

CHICAGO — The frustrations of a stagnant season boiled over for Mickey Callaway, Jason Vargas and the Mets on Sunday afternoon when a brutal loss to the Cubs was punctuated by an ugly incident in the clubhouse.

Several minutes after a relatively tense postgame session with reporters, Callaway snapped at Newsday reporter Tim Healey for saying “See you tomorrow, Mickey.”

“Don’t be a smartass, mother****er,” Callaway said while walking away.

When Callaway came back through the clubhouse moments later, Healey said he was trying to be polite. Callaway said the remark was antagonistic, shouting to a Mets PR representative, “Get the ****er out of here. We don’t need that bull****.”

Just after that, pitcher Jason Vargas asked Healey what he was looking at. Healey said, “It looked like you have something to say,” and Vargas replied, “I’ll knock you the **** out, bro.” Vargas eventually took two aggressive steps toward Healey and had to be held back by teammates, including Noah Syndergaard. Carlos Gómez got between the pitcher and the reporter, and Healey departed the clubhouse.

Link: https://theathletic.com/1043638/201...tuates-brutal-loss-for-the-mets/?redirected=1

gabe completely lost the club house.. Something needs to happen ASAP

harper laughing at the notion of gabe bringing in a curve ball pitching machine smh **** is going on man

Back
Top Bottom