2023 Official MLB Season Thread

MLB said players are gonna need "at least a month" to prep for the season. So July would def be the soonest. Even that feels like a stretch.

At least Judge and Stanton will heal up in time for their next injuries in 2021.

9D90B673-595E-402F-88DE-C13EB0BEF5B2.gif

Think bout it...this isn't going to get back to "normal" until late june at the earliest, no matter how hard Trump tries to make himself believe. From there, we are looking at a month of ramp up time. You're looking at july and august for what? a two month season? you could have random teams catch heat in first month, play a shortened season and then win a title. Lord knows they aren't going to extend the season. MLBPA would never allow it.

Not only was I supposed to leave for a Eurotrip tomorrow, it was supposed to be Opening Day for all. I was supposed to have my fantasy draft last Friday.

This sucks.

I was all pumped for opening day.
Oh well.
Hope people recover and get better so life can start going back to normal.

What’s more likely, the season being cancelled or a player being christened “Mr. December” this year?

NEW YORK (AP) — Mookie Betts and all the players set to be free agents after the 2020 season would still get that chance if there is no baseball this year, part of a broad deal being negotiated by the commissioner’s officer and the players’ association.

If there’s no season because of the new coronavirus, the agreement would credit major leaguers with the same service time this year that they earned in 2019, a person familiar with the talks told The Associated Press on Wednesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because talks were ongoing.

Trevor Bauer, Marcus Stroman, George Springer, and JT Realmuto also would be eligible for free agency, even if the season is canceled.

Damn dodgers give up prospects to have mookie never suit up if no season. That’s nuts.

Back
Top Bottom