2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Problem is when you have fun, someone decides to throw a 95 mph fastball at you.
True but the game is changing. Eventually, there will be fewer guys getting thrown at because they pimped a HR. I don't mind when a pitcher gets pumped up after a big K either. The younger generation is going to change the "unwritten rules". In time pimping a HR will be accepted for the most part.

Look at hockey and how the culture has changed in terms of fighting. Does it still happen? Yes but it's not as prevalent as it was. I hope the same will happen with baseball because a lot of these "rules" are silly.

He probably could have gotten a 3rd year elsewhere (my guess was 3 year, ~$45 mil) but I think it is a pretty fair deal for both. He's limited to being a DH and with the way the market has been, who knows.

He said he wanted to stay so glad they got it done.

He is where he wanted to be so I am sure he is happy. Just saying that a the guy who has hit more homeruns than anyone in recent history should be making more than $16.5M a season, for only 2 seasons.

^^^
Yeah, Nelson Cruz is a lot older and worthless at any position aside from DH but is making $14M this year and $12M next year.

Davis could’ve gotten more for sure but it seems he’s really happy in Oakland.

Didn't know the White Sox had a HR chain :lol::pimp:
hrchain.jpg

1D573DEF-6524-4681-B2B6-582AE93191C0.gif

:pimp: been doing it since last summer

Problem is when you have fun, someone decides to throw a 95 mph fastball at you.

Would love to see a player charge the mound and crack a pitcher a few times with their bat after being intentionally drilled, or catch them after the game and beat the breaks off them. Surprised it hasn’t happened yet.

That unwritten rules crap is so corny. All it does is turn off young kids from wanting to play.

Am I missing something on the #BornToBaseball hashtag? What's it mean?

It's a slogan we're using this year as it's the 150th anniversary of professional baseballas well as 150th Anniversary of our team, with us being the first professional team

Straight bull****. The man hit a bomb, bat flipped, got hit next AB deliberately. Had some words and then went to first base.....

He tossed the bat towards HIS dugout.
He yelled words towards HIS dugout.

He did nothing at all.

They just had to make it seem like Tim did something to warrant getting hit. Embarrassing and I expect nothing less from the mlb.

Back
Top Bottom