2023 Official MLB Season Thread

wild that some people thought that this series was over at one gm
talking about kershaw wont get another chance to pitch cause this series may not extend

LAD is talented.
I am not sure they’re talented enough to overcome Roberts though.
Normally a big proponent of Roberts.
I like most of his Pitching decisions in the Regular Season like not letting AVG SP face third time through, but if “Keykey” had those 2ABS(both times RISP), the game might have went the other way.

he needs more playing time, but Dave Roberts

edit: thanks for making me look bad, Edwin
No you’re right.
Rios should have been taking his 4th AB there, though.
Pollock was DH.....
DH bruh.
Dude can’t have more than 5hits all playoffs.
No DONGS
NO XBH
Has 0 BB, so no way he’s scored more than once or twice.
He sat game 1 and LAD never really got kinked in their lineup. Tonight, I saw the lineup and put $690 on TB.

Even lastnight Kershaw didn’t get the 7th inning with a 7 run lead, and a pitch count of 78.
Little **** like that matters.
Kershaw would have got the 7th for sure but maybe even the 8-9th if PC was under 105ish

TB had all 9 guys bat in the 7th, took an immediate toll on LAD BP, for NO REASON!

Even lastnight Kershaw didn’t get the 7th inning with a 7 run lead, and a pitch count of 78.
Little **** like that matters.
Kershaw would have got the 7th for sure but maybe even the 8-9th if PC was under 105ish

TB had all 9 guys bat in the 7th, took an immediate toll on LAD BP, for NO REASON!
i honestly didn't think the kershaw pull was egregious, even if he was dealing. he got left in there vs the braves and got lit up and people flamed him/roberts. damned if you do, damned if you don't. played the numbers there, i don't fault roberts. belli just didn't make that catch on the wendle double that stops the rally.

roberts biggest mistake to me tonight was putting may to face margot with 2 outs and choi on first. margot is not a threat there to score choi, but him getting on and letting wendle facing a right handed pitcher with RISP who hasn't been shut down definitely is.

Correa a GG finalist :pimp: well deserved, best year defensively. Sticking it to the people who slandered his defense

No idea how Kyle Tucker is a GG finalist in left field though :lol:

The camera panning to Mookie as they said “you know he’s ready to get up there” as the Dodgers get their 3rd out :smokin :smokin

Correa a GG finalist :pimp: well deserved, best year defensively. Sticking it to the people who slandered his defense

I can only speak for myself, but when a player has demonstrated poor defensive skills for most of his career, and the one time he played good defense was during a 60 game season, I am still going to be skeptical.

How on earth did Clint Frazier get a GG nomination? He looked improved in the field, but don’t think he improved THAT much.

I can only speak for myself, but when a player has demonstrated poor defensive skills for most of his career, and the one time he played good defense was during a 60 game season, I am still going to be skeptical.
Wasn't really directed to you specifically, but that's understandable and fine to have that opinion. I don't put a lot of stock into being a GG finalist, but I'm just happy that he got recognition. It's a small 60 game sample size, and he has a lot of work to do but he's been much improved and great defensively this year.

World Series off day has me thinking about how it sucks not being able to watch Mike Trout during post seasons. Angels have to get it together and give the man a shot to be great in October.
Whoever is in charge of pitching development in that organization needs to take a different role.

Whoever is in charge of pitching development in that organization needs to take a different role.

who was the last real ace they drafted and developed? Jered Weaver? John Lackey? Those guys weren’t really top of the line either.

Wasn't really directed to you specifically, but that's understandable and fine to have that opinion. I don't put a lot of stock into being a GG finalist, but I'm just happy that he got recognition. It's a small 60 game sample size, and he has a lot of work to do but he's been much improved and great defensively this year.
Yeah its clearly a step in the right direction for him.

who was the last real ace they drafted and developed? Jered Weaver? John Lackey? Those guys weren’t really top of the line either.
I believe Weaver was. They've never really had good pitching at all. Sucks he might never really get a chance to show himself in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom