2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

The math there confuses me. How are they proposing a 72 game schedule starting on December 22nd but only a 50 game schedule starting in mid-January? They weren't planning on playing 22 games in that 3-week span between late December and mid-January. They can't meet somewhere in the middle like 62 games?
Negotiations.

Probably getting back to back to backs like the 2011 lockout schedule.

I think the league is better off only releasing half the schedule, that way they're flexible if players/teams get COVID.

If Silas can’t fix Russell or Jim, no one can. Because dude is certified

Only dude who could of regulated was Jeff Van Gundy with his 0 tolerance and accountability. Russ not gonna listen to Silas and be full tunnel vision. Harden? **** we already know whats good.

Can't imagine the majority of players being cool with this when they hardly played. I'd bet the season starts in December. Money makes the world go round

A third of the league hasn't played since March. Another third of the league was done at the end of August. These dudes definitely aren't trying to take paycuts. Similar to the bubble talks, this is going to significantly impact the non-stars financially.

A third of the league hasn't played since March. Another third of the league was done at the end of August. These dudes definitely aren't trying to take paycuts. Similar to the bubble talks, this is going to significantly impact the non-stars financially.
And even with that the Heat and Lakers had relatively short playoff runs. Don't see them giving up 40% of their salary just for that

Celtics only team that stops Nets barring CP0 getting traded to the Bucks.

The math there confuses me. How are they proposing a 72 game schedule starting on December 22nd but only a 50 game schedule starting in mid-January? They weren't planning on playing 22 games in that 3-week span between late December and mid-January. They can't meet somewhere in the middle like 62 games?

Negotiation tactics 101.

It'll be interesting how the match ups break down if they are trying to keep teams close to market and/or within their conference.

Just because Nike I can design new jerseys every year doesn't mean that they should. Some of these look okay, others look fugazi. They legit look look like off-brand jerseys. 🤣

Last edited:
Why do we call them Leaks when are all planned out? A leak is when something is announced without consent of the of Org (just the Last of us 2 ending being leaked by a disgruntled developer). There is no way these jerseys all got randomly "leaked" at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom