2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Let’s get some meaningless discussion going lol

Among others, Steph. So many people acted like he was the greatest ever after those couple years. Year 11 (and really year 10 since he only played 5 games), you're getting your own brand akin to Jordan Brand, you have a top draft pick alongside you, a coach who has won multiple rings as a player and multiple rings as a coach, and a teammate with multiple championships under his belt. Playoffs is a minimum. They should gentlemans sweep the first round and win multiple games in the second.

Among others, Steph. So many people acted like he was the greatest ever after those couple years. Year 11 (and really year 10 since he only played 5 games), you're getting your own brand akin to Jordan Brand, you have a top draft pick alongside you, a coach who has won multiple rings as a player and multiple rings as a coach, and a teammate with multiple championships under his belt. Playoffs is a minimum. They should gentlemans sweep the first round and win multiple games in the second.

Yes. Steph Curry has to PROVE he can “carry” a team to the playoffs!!!!

Slightly off topic

Bron and AD- Bron has assembled a deep roster. I’m ready to see who’s deemed trash once they under perform
StephVP-gotta get the squad to the playoffs and at least compete
PG and Kawhi- both looking funny in the light. Half the sports world crowned him Kawhmichael Jordan and PG...
Harden- NT favorite......mans scores 40 all season just to stink It up in the playoffs
Ben Simmons/Embid- Can Doc fix them?
KD/Kyrie- I’m here for the implosion. Still can’t believe KD let the Bron lovers in the media trick him out of his spot, while simultaneously hoping the Lakers somehow land Giannis smh
Giannis- hopefully he’s been shooting jumpers in his time off....he’s leaving anyway
Tatum- Gotta take the next step. If his IG vids are an indication, I expect more side step 3’s this season
Tre Young- Let’s see if he can play winning basketball
Zion- hopefully he lost some weight
Zo- my man gotta get it together or he will become a journey man
Luka- he has expectations now. looking forward to seeing him develop.

Last edited:
Yes. Steph Curry has to PROVE he can “carry” a team to the playoffs!!!!

I'm talking about now. :lol:
There are stages to your career right. And at each stage you show what level you're on. Expectations have to be high if you're going to live up to what a person deemed the greatest "x" to do it would accomplish. If you have a good few years but did nothing before and nothing after, that puts you at a certain place (and that is an example, please don't post videos talking about what Steph did and didn't do). I'm not saying anything everyone here doesn't know, so this really isn't controversial. I feel like people will say some players have to win the finals or else they are a failure, and then you say some players have to get to the second round and suddenly people jump to their defense. I love Steph. I also have expectations for what he needs to do to live up to what he got talked about like for quite a while there.

That wasn't even worth a reply man. Nonsense from beginning to end

:lol: Okay, what do you want to talk about. I've been playing and watching basketball for a while. Nothing I said about Steph having expectations was nonsense, but lets hear why it's totally unrealistic for me to have expectations for a player many people called the greatest shooter of all time, and who was compared to MJ for a while there. (and still probably is, for some)

:lol: Okay, what do you want to talk about. I've been playing and watching basketball for a while. Nothing I said about Steph having expectations was nonsense, but lets hear why it's totally unrealistic for me to have expectations for a player many people called the greatest shooter of all time, and who was compared to MJ for a while there. (and still probably is, for some)
Implying that a top 20 player of all time has anything to prove at any point post establishment of said status is ridiculous.

Implying that a top 20 player of all time has anything to prove at any point post establishment of said status is ridiculous.

That's fine if that is your metric. That's now how others do it though. I view careers on a longer arc than that. Like some people choose to forget Michael Jordan's Wizards years because he didn't make the playoffs. Those years count. I have expectations of Steph as an all time great in his 11th year. If you don't, that's fine. What I said was completely reasonable given his teammates and his coach and his organization. You acting like I said he has to lead his team to a sweep of the finals and win his first finals MVP or something :lol:

This is a nonsense argument between us. If you want to keep him top 20 and he's frozen there for you, that's awesome. I'm watching how he plays this year and seeing what he does in comparison to how I expect him to do. There's no weird hidden agenda here, I like the guy and hope he plays well.

The post is a bit wild, but I don't think answering that tweet with Steph is too farfetched. He'd probably tell you the same. He has a lot to prove this year/he has a lot of expectations. Fair or unfair.

It'll be similar to LeBron's #washedking tour, but without the IG theatrics.

Steph really ruined that 2015-2016 run with his finals performance. Really was one of if not the best individual seasons I've been able to witness in my life. But that loss in the finals is such a stain.

Giannis. Another playoff like the last two, the conversation around him will switch

Joel and Ben. The team with them two coexisting is on borrowed time.

Lamelo. Because of all the **** Lavar spoke about and him being Lonzo lil bro, eyes are gonna be on him

John Wall. Gotta see if bruh still got it

Luka. People are going to want to see if the NBA’s savior will improve and start becoming an MVP candidate

Zion. He’s healthy, most hype since Bron so we need to see if he can live up.

Why is answering with Steve Curry so farfetched? Kawhi and Giannis were going to be my 1A and 1B. I think Steve should be up there as well. Just because a dude is good doesn't mean he shouldn't be in that conversation.

Y’all just love using kid gloves with him.

Back
Top Bottom