2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Bron accomplished more than anybody in the league and probably had the highest expectations of anyone in the league going into last season. It’s not a bad thing. Just something that comes along with circumstance.

You could argue that this is the first time in 4-5 years that Steve hasn’t played in an extremely ideal basketball situation (which he was a huge part of). Given most consider him to be a top 5 player, I think it’s absolutely fair to expect him to have a massive statistical season despite that and help will his team to a decent playoff seed. Should be a top 3-5 MVP candidate. Just feel like it’ll be a bit upsetting if he doesn’t do that.

"good few years"
:lol:

blogboys takes

:lol: did you not read the next sentence that says " (and that is an example, please don't post videos talking about what Steph did and didn't do) "

I get that a lot of blog hot takes exist, but I've been playing and watching ball for years, please don't disrespect me like that :lol:

I realize that this era has a lot of people saying wild **** to get attention, but no, I'm not saying anything crazy here. I'm sure everyone in here has expectations for Steph. I actually like talking (and playing) ball but I know I'm not one of the main posters in here. But rest assured I'm not one of these people with outrageous hot takes that say ignorant things just to get attention. I think saying "Hey, I think Steph has the pieces around him for him to get to the second round of the playoffs" is a pretty mild thing to say.

641F8562-61BF-4EAB-B0A2-BF3157453F03.jpeg

Henny tonight boys

Why is answering with Steve Curry so farfetched? Kawhi and Giannis were going to be my 1A and 1B. I think Steve should be up there as well. Just because a dude is good doesn't mean he shouldn't be in that conversation.

Y’all just love using kid gloves with him.

“proving” he can do something he’s done, MANY times...should not be what he has to show :lol:.

It’s a difference in expecting him to play well and lead his team to success...than the conversation of “proving” he can lead a team. People were saying “KD has to PROVE he can lead his team” deep in the playoffs etc, in 2018.

That is dumb. Having high expectations for Steph is FINE. He has nothing to “prove” or any “pressure”. Imagine how dumb it would be...if I said LeBron has to prove he can lead a team to the playoffs...after he missed it in 2019. He aint have **** to prove.

Steph should definitely have some kinda expectations this season. If Dray isn't washed that should be a top 4 seed. If jimmy butler could win with Wiggins I don't see why Steph shouldn't be expected to

It wasn't just Wiggins on that Wolves team if you want to be fair.

This Warriors team is worse than that Wolves team, but Curry is also way better than Butler.

Steph should definitely have some kinda expectations this season. If Dray isn't washed that should be a top 4 seed. If jimmy butler could win with Wiggins I don't see why Steph shouldn't be expected to

That post wasn’t about “expectations” and you know it :lol:. There a difference. You know this.

So the nba bubble was very successful and now this upcoming season they’re like one time was enough?

“proving” he can do something he’s done, MANY times...should not be what he has to show :lol:.

It’s a difference in expecting him to play well and lead his team to success...than the conversation of “proving” he can lead a team. People were saying “KD has to PROVE he can lead his team” deep in the playoffs etc, in 2018.

That is dumb. Having high expectations for Steph is FINE. He has nothing to “prove” or any “pressure”. Imagine how dumb it would be...if I said LeBron has to prove he can lead a team to the playoffs...after he missed it in 2019. He aint have **** to prove.
Yeah I mean I agree that “prove” probably shouldn’t be used. I thought the original post was about high expectations though? Which folks should obviously have with regards to Steve. I think it would be disappointing if he doesn’t have an absolutely incredible season.

It wasn't just Wiggins on that Wolves team if you want to be fair.

This Warriors team is worse than that Wolves team, but Curry is also way better than Butler.

Ehh I think the teams have similar talent. I wasn't saying it was just Wiggins, just that he can be useful since people were calling him a negative asset

And what exactly did Jimmy Butler win with Andrew Wiggins?

If I remember they were top 3 when Jimmy got injured and he played hurt in the playoffs

Regardless, Giannis and Kawhi are CLEARLY at the top of the expectation list.

Next tier is the KD/Kyrie duo, Embiid/Simmons duo and then Steve Curry having an incredible season after a gap year.

After that is just seeing all the youngins improve. Luka, Tatum, Zion, Tray, etc.

2 MVPs, 3 rings, and will be #2 in all time 3s at the end of this season and #1 after the next and Steph still has something to prove? Some of yall just be talking to talk. He already proved he can take a team to the playoffs. Already had a crazy statistical season. And is on the cusp of breaking an all time record. Ridiculous :lol:

Back
Top Bottom