2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Yeah my mans storm2006 storm2006 wilding with that :lol:
This Warriors roster is easily better than what the Lakers had in 2019. Anyways, I see both sides of the argument. On one hand, Steph has a cemented legacy. But you can’t live in the past with sports, and it will always be a what have you done for me lately world. Bron himself said he had something to prove by playing and winning out West with the Lakers. I don’t see how having expectations for Steph are that asinine.

Bro...THAT is not the f’n discussion :lol:. Steph can and should get and be better. Nobody is discounting that. Or saying he shouldn’t have expectations and a bar to reach. That is obvious EVERY season. You should add to your resume, and the hunger to get more should be there.

But Implying he has to carry this Warriors team to the playoffs, as something HE needs to “prove” is just a terrible take. There are a lot of discussions around this. And it’s the wrong framing.

This has nothing to do with being a fan or not being a fan etc.

Curry will be fine (top 8ish) but the supporting cast is iffy to me.
Speaking from the perspective of a Steph fan, I would THINK he could bring out the best in guys like oubre wiggins and paschall. Guys like lee and poole aren't special but they can do a lil something and should be somewhat serviceable sharing the court with Steph. Wanamaker is a solid vet. I really don't think it's a great lineup but it should be good enough for one of the greatest of all time to make the playoffs and have a cup of coffee. I've seen a lot worse

It just seems like some of his fans can't take a joke or handle him getting the same type of criticism anybody else does

The conversation is about how Steph gate is different. Most discussions about him aren’t objective by the other side. You are a Lakers fan, you should recognize how ALA fell off after the title but during his run folks were constantly on him. The largest, and perhaps only, flaw on his resume is that he doesn’t have a FMVP but folks take that and a whole bunch of other random **** discredit him.

This current Warriors roster isn’t better than the 2019 Lakers roster? lmaoooooo
I already see how this season is gonna go for Steph stans
Yeah my mans storm2006 storm2006 wilding with that :lol:
This Warriors roster is easily better than what the Lakers had in 2019. Anyways, I see both sides of the argument. On one hand, Steph has a cemented legacy. But you can’t live in the past with sports, and it will always be a what have you done for me lately world. Bron himself said he had something to prove by playing and winning out West with the Lakers. I don’t see how having expectations for Steph are that asinine.

I legit need a breakdown but the rosters might actually be comparable when you remove Klay and consider Drsy being washed. I don’t like hypotheticals but put it this way - does this Warriors team have the player capital (not assets because of the Minny pick) to entice David Griffin into a trade for AD in 2019 that would have them competing for the 8-seed the following season?

I think the answer is no.

Dudes get so weird when they talk about him. Writing paragraphs to defend his honor when nothing actually critical was even said :lol:

People just want to see him have another great season and would be disappointed if he didn’t. Not rocket science.

thie isn’t it. Great gaslight tho.

“get weird” :lol:

What the couple random trolls in here? What actual fan of basketball doesn’t want to see a great season?

Feel like you should have enough awareness to see through the #NTExtremes.

I have to take what they have always said for face value. They aren't trolling, they legit hate dude. (In a Sports Fandom Sense)

So yes, I believe plenty would LOVE to see Steph's squad NOT make the playoffs while having a weak season.

Last edited:
Nah man. :lol: LeBron over the last decade in here has brought much more irrational hate. Saying that Steph has the highest expectations is absurd though as well, but nah.

You right :lol: There was definitely a strong bit of recency* bias with that statement. I think Lebby is Teflon now in here relative to his all-time rating (Top 3) as he rightfully should be.

No one is overrating Steph as a Top 10-20 player yet folks come at him regularly and try to tear him down based on a couple shortfalls...which are exactly why he is Top 10-20 and not higher :lol:

Back
Top Bottom