2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Like, what's even an appropriate answer to the original question that won't cause dudes to throw a tantrum?

What tantrum was thrown? You doing a whole lot of projecting, for no reason :lol:.

Even you acknowledged that one post was absurd.

So when it comes to the, "Has enough around him" debate, are you at least willing to acknowledge

A. Detractors will generally overstate how good the supporting cast is

B. Supporters will generally understate how good the supporting cast is

Thus making THIS part of the convo a highly biased.

Since there is no true way to measure how strong the supporting cast is.

For me I think oubre and wiggins have potential. Maybe I'm misguided but if Steph Curry of all people can't elevate them I'd probably blame them more than Steph. And I don't think Dray is fully washed but if he is then..welp

For me I think oubre and wiggins have potential. Maybe I'm misguided but if Steph Curry of all people can't elevate them I'd probably blame them more than Steph. And I don't think Dray is fully washed but if he is then..welp

What would "Steph elevating" Wiggins AND Oubre look like.

Be specific please.

I am legit asking what would be enough.

I can't even get wavycrocket wavycrocket to tell me what he expects from Steph this season :lol:. More or less than what you expected from Bron the past two seasons? That's all I ask 🙏🏽
It is somewhat early to predict since we have no clue as to what he is even working with HIMSELF.

Is it reasonable to wait at least 25% of the season before folks jump out there with predictions for Steph/GSW? (Hell for any of the returning dudes, KD included)

What would "Steph elevating" Wiggins AND Oubre look like.

Be specific please.

I am legit asking what would be enough.
Wiggins approaching what he did the first month of last year. Oubre playing more consistent defense than what Klay was giving you on a nightly basis when we last saw him and being at least as efficient as he was last season with all the gravity Steph creates

So when it comes to the, "Has enough around him" debate, are you at least willing to acknowledge

A. Detractors will generally overstate how good the supporting cast is

B. Supporters will generally understate how good the supporting cast is

Thus making THIS part of the convo a highly biased.

Since there is no true way to measure how strong the supporting cast is.
Yes to answer your question.
I just thought it was funny to see Steph fans do EXACTLY what they complain about fans of other players doing.

Wiggins approaching what he did the first month of last year. Oubre playing more consistent defense than what Klay was giving you on a nightly basis when we last saw him and being at least as efficient as he was last season with all the gravity Steph creates
1. Wiggins: Pretend Wiggins doesn't approach what he did early last year, How do you distinguish between that lack of production as a result of Wiggins, Steph, or which formula do you even use to calculate who/what is responsible for that lack of production?

2. Oubre: Steph Curry is responsible for the defensive consistency of Kelly Oubre? Can you explain why his defense was mentioned if this ISN'T the case?

Please answer both questions.

But that comes with the territory of being a superstar.
Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.
& it's still not as outlandish as some of the things said about other superstars on here.
It ISN'T as outlandish as some of the wild things said on here, you are correct.

However, it still wasn't the only thing said.

The issue was claiming Steph HAD anything to prove as if he isn't already certified. TO say someone HAS to prove themselves insinuates if they DON'T, everything in the past is somehow invalidated.

That is MY perception of the sequence of words.

1. Wiggins: Pretend Wiggins doesn't approach what he did early last year, How do you distinguish between that lack of production as a result of Wiggins, Steph, or which formula do you even use to calculate who/what is responsible for that lack of production?

2. Oubre: Steph Curry is responsible for the defensive consistency of Kelly Oubre? Can you explain why his defense was mentioned if this ISN'T the case?

Please answer both questions.
I'm done with you man :lol:

Nate getting KO reminded me of this
06c44f9c8bc2a390beacc9f5058377e8.jpg

It ISN'T as outlandish as some of the wild things said on here, you are correct.

However, it still wasn't the only thing said.

The issue was claiming Steph HAD anything to prove as if he isn't already certified. TO say someone HAS to prove themselves insinuates if they DON'T, everything in the past is somehow invalidated.

That is MY perception of the sequence of words.

Real simple. Real, real, simple.

Who actually said Steph has to prove anything tho? All Public Enemy Public Enemy said was he expects him to make the playoffs and get to the 2nd round. What's so crazy about that. Steph's only 32. Nobody's legacy is finished at that point

Honestly, I think those are lofty goals without any knowledge how things are going to be. Steph might simply not have "IT" anymore. The team could not mesh well. Draymond can continue to drop in production.

Second Round is way too high of expectations for such an unknown unit.

I get the use of the, "Well if Steph was who yall thought he was" phrase, but team sports don't work that way.

Like my man wavycrocket wavycrocket said, "Just say you don't like dude and keep it moving."

The stuff folks create to belittle dude's accomplishments is just immature. No other way to put it.

The skinny lighskinned boy from Charlotte took down yalls superheros. Deal with it.

It’s an intellectually dishonest debate. Looking at Steph’s CV and saying “Gee, I don’t know...If he doesn’t take a team that’s missing it’s second best player, has an aging former all-star and Andrew ****ing Wiggins to a second round exit after a 5 year stretch where he went to the Finals each season, won three times, and got 2 MVPs, in addition to being the greatest shooter of all-time, then we really need to have a dialogue about his legacy.”

1606656103385.jpeg

Good lord, some of you still think this is some kind of weird unfair attack? It isn't. I'm literally the guy posting his shoes the most in the Curry 7 and Curry 8 threads. I'm the one posting 3 Zero III pictures and talking about how good they are to play in.

I'd wager I not only own more of his shoes than anybody quoting me, but I actually play basketball in them. I LOVE STEPH AND NOBODY IS DIMINISHING HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I didn't say "we really need to have a dialogue about his legacy", I said all years count, just like Mike's Wizards years. And I set realistic expectations for where I think Steph should lead his team. This guy is ridiculously good. I just like watching and talking about basketball and I look and see what I think is a realistic expectation for a player and see if they live up to it, underperform, or overperform. That's for everybody. Like I don't expect Booker to lead Phoenix to a championship this season. I also don't expect Lebron's team to miss the playoffs. I expect KD & Kyrie to lead the Nets past the first round. That's why I started my post off with "among others".

Once again, I realize a lot of people say clown **** to get attention these days, so yall might have read my post thinking I was doing that, so you've ascribed a lot of intent that wasn't there. I love Steph and he's one of the greatest of all time. He changed the game with pure ******* skill, and did things nobody on earth thought he could do. So we can move past this idea that I am somehow hating on Steph. He's otherworldly.

Good lord, some of you still think this is some kind of weird unfair attack? It isn't. I'm literally the guy posting his shoes the most in the Curry 7 and Curry 8 threads. I'm the one posting 3 Zero III pictures and talking about how good they are to play in.

I'd wager I not only own more of his shoes than anybody quoting me, but I actually play basketball in them. I LOVE STEPH AND NOBODY IS DIMINISHING HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I didn't say "we really need to have a dialogue about his legacy", I said all years count, just like Mike's Wizards years. And I set realistic expectations for where I think Steph should lead his team. This guy is ridiculously good. I just like watching and talking about basketball and I look and see what I think is a realistic expectation for a player and see if they live up to it, underperform, or overperform. That's for everybody. Like I don't expect Booker to lead Phoenix to a championship this season. I also don't expect Lebron's team to miss the playoffs. I expect KD & Kyrie to lead the Nets past the first round. That's why I started my post off with "among others".

Once again, I realize a lot of people say clown **** to get attention these days, so yall might have read my post thinking I was doing that, so you've ascribed a lot of intent that wasn't there. I love Steph and he's one of the greatest of all time. He changed the game with pure ****ing skill, and did things nobody on earth thought he could do. So we can move past this idea that I am somehow hating on Steph. He's otherworldly.

Let’s close this chapter 🤝.

Back
Top Bottom