2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

For THAT team of unknown pieces being placed together, I would say yes.
Last year Lakers and Clippers had a lot of unknown pieces being placed together and people expected them both to make the wcf even though Lakers missed the playoffs the previous year and clippers have never had that level of playoff success

Last year Lakers and Clippers had a lot of unknown pieces being placed together and expected them both to make the wcf even though Lakers missed the playoffs the previous year and clippers have never had that level of playoff success

Look at the quality of the 2 unknown pieces both LAL/LAC had vs. the quality of the unknown pieces GSW currently has.

Nowhere near on the same level.

Please use reasonable judgement with your responses.

Until GSW can show me anything, 2nd round claims are wild.

I'll put money up.

So where do YOU predict the Warriors will finish?

Right now, there is no point in making a prediction. BUt I think saying "2nd round AT LEAST" is wild as hell.

If you want to make some money we can go with your "2nd round at least" claim.

True but to expect them to win a damn ring after THAT and claim, "Championship or Bust" as a goal is wild as hell.
I think their team improved with the addition of Serge and swap of Shamet for Kennard. Having a real point guard would certainly help, but I do still think they have enough talent in place. Given the moves they've made and assets they've given up to assemble this team over the last year plus, I definitely think it's fair to say it would be a disappointment if they didn't at least make the finals.

Look at the quality of the 2 unknown pieces both LAL/LAC had vs. the quality of the unknown pieces GSW currently has.

Nowhere near on the same level.

Please use reasonable judgement with your responses.

Until GSW can show me anything, 2nd round claims are wild.

I'll put money up.
What is your bet, let me ponder it.

I think their team improved with the addition of Serge and swap of Shamet for Kennard. Having a real point guard would certainly help, but I do still think they have enough talent in place. Given the moves they've made and assets they've given up to assemble this team over the last year plus, I definitely think it's fair to say it would be a disappointment if they didn't at least make the finals.
False. That’s just YOU utilizing vacuums in a twisted WAY. You are projecting WHAT you think COULD be the truth if reality played out HOW you WANTed

Again, if the Lakers are firing on all cylinders, it isn't fair to say a Finals APperance is a disappointment.

I don't think people take other teams into consideration when making these predictions.

Both the Lakers and the Clippers can't said to be "Finals/Championship" or bust by the same human. (Not saying YOU). Mathematically, that doesn't make sense.

I think yall forget there are a bunch of moving pieces in all of this.

For the Clippers, realistically, anything outside of a WCF Appearance is a reasonable expectation.

BUt to say Finals or Championship is unrealistic.

(I am speaking from an outsiders POV, not an internal Clipper front "officemin.")

False. That’s just YOU utilizing vacuums in a twisted WAY. You are projecting WHAT you think COULD be the truth if reality played out HOW you WANTed

Nice try.

$200

If GSW makes the 2nd round, I pay you.

If they don't you owe me $200
I don’t feel right betting on gsw because I’m looking forward to their demise.

BUT

If Bistephuals think Steph is on the level that THEY say he is, it SHOULD be easy money to them.

I will be willing to run back the $20 Suns making the playoffs bet tho.

I don’t feel right betting on gsw because I’m looking forward to their demise.

BUT

If Bistephuals think Steph is on the level that they say he is, it SHOULD be easy money to them.

I will be willing to run back the $20 Suns making the playoffs bet tho.

Don't let your feelings get in the way of a payday.
You should be able to distinguish between the two.
How you feel has no control over what will happen.

I am "Defending" Steph but I am being realistic here. You can do the same. $200

RE: Suns, nah. They have the greatest modern day PG on their squad. I am not making that bet. They BETTER make the playoffs. :lol:

storm2006 storm2006
Gracias, mano. Appreciate the detailed response. Hit you back after I get this tennis in.

tenor.gif

206to813 206to813 , retiring on these European vibes:
00396163-51CC-4C4F-AB5A-8D9787A64DC0.jpeg
413FC5D7-41FC-4C46-AD31-B7ACBBDA7882.jpeg
E7ED9E8F-A2A3-4B30-A22B-FE640D831BB0.jpeg
393BA609-E343-4320-8838-59AFA3E2EBF3.jpeg
DBDE4E8D-54C6-4D6A-AF2C-968DAF2A8A51.jpeg

These were the original posts. Then Wavy came in talking about how he doesn't have to prove anything when nobody even said anything about that. The other answer folks were giving was Kawhi and nobody else was crying about that. It's common sense that he doesn't have anything to prove. He has multiple FMVPs. Just has high expectations especially after what happened last year.

Mambadamus most expectations:

1. Giannis (heightens even more if he passes on the extension)

2. Kawhi and PG (considering it could all blow up with another early exit)
3. KD/Kyrie (the malcontents finally got each other and should be formidable in the East)
4. Simmons/Embiid (one last try I think before they disband this duo
5. Harden (TBD depends on where he ends up)

True but to expect them to win a damn ring after THAT and claim, "Championship or Bust" as a goal is wild as hell.

Is that YOU Wayoff P? To suggest the Clippers in THIS season with their viability as maybe a franchise going forward is at stake to not be title or bust is just DISINGENUOUS. That'd be like saying the 2012 Heat weren't in a title or bust situation. It could and very likely will all come crashing down should they flame out again.

Last edited:
The POINT is HE has nothing to prove.

He is solidified.

He is certified.

He could go out and get All zeros for the next 5 years and he would be fine.

Yall saying he has anythingto prove is just ridiculous.

read my original post. I never said he he had anything to prove.

Mambadamus most expectations:

1. Giannis (heightens even more if he passes on the extension)

2. Kawhi and PG (considering it could all blow up with another early exit)
3. KD/Kyrie (the malcontents finally got each other and should be formidable in the East)
4. Simmons/Embiid (one last try I think before they disband this duo
5. Harden (TBD depends on where he ends up)

Is that YOU Wayoff P? To suggest the Clippers in THIS season with their viability as maybe a franchise going forward is at stake to not be title or bust is just DISINGENUOUS. That'd be like saying the 2012 Heat weren't in a title or bust situation. It could and very likely will all come crashing down should they flame out again.

This is why I specified the difference between Front Office vs. General Public expectations.

Front Office: They might "blow it up" if the squad doesn't make it to the WCF. If they are honest with themselves, championship or bust is illogical. But we know front offices move on emotion at times.

Fans: Not sure how an honest fans labels that squad as Ring or Bust. They haven't shown that is how they should be viewed. Especially considering your opening reference.

Back
Top Bottom