2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Also more in the Sixers....the best season we saw with this squad was when we had a bucket getter like Jimmy Butler. That complimented a guy like Jo and Ben and you had a shooter to play PnR with Jo in JJ.

Replace JJ with Seth and bring in a bucket getter like Harden. How Sixers fans don’t see this, I’ll never understand. Who’s gonna be our closer as of now? Embiid? Seth?

Jamal Murray, Lebron James, AD, Tatum, Butler. All guys that go win you a game. All guys who played in the conference finals
Basically said this same thing yesterday and dudes acted like not having someone in the Jimmy role was no big deal. Team is gonna have a ceiling in the playoffs when the only ballhandler on the team isn't a threat to score from outside the paint.

Also more in the Sixers....the best season we saw with this squad was when we had a bucket getter like Jimmy Butler. That complimented a guy like Jo and Ben and you had a shooter to play PnR with Jo in JJ.

Replace JJ with Seth and bring in a bucket getter like Harden. How Sixers fans don’t see this, I’ll never understand. Who’s gonna be our closer as of now? Embiid? Seth?

Jamal Murray, Lebron James, AD, Tatum, Butler. All guys that go win you a game. All guys who played in the conference finals

Butler was the best Sixer since Iverson. I've been saying that since they started the playoffs that year. Plus you're comparing Butler with Harden in the team makeup, but we will have to sacrifice Simmons to land Harden so it's a different makeup all together.

Also, what makes you think Harden will be a closer in the playoffs? When did that ever happen?

I also really want to stress Harden's ego. He had a say on when they practiced, flight schedule, who leaves, who stays etc...Unless he's Kobe, MJ or Lebron, I don't want that in my lockeroom. He hasn't proven that he can win anything more than individual awards.

Basically said this same thing yesterday and dudes acted like not having someone in the Jimmy role was no big deal. Team is gonna have a ceiling in the playoffs when the only ballhandler on the team isn't a threat to score from outside the paint.
Going into last season, the answer to fill that role was Tobias. And while I thought he had a solid year, he didn’t take that leap into being the bucket getter and I’m not sure he ever will

That convo wasn't about the playoffs tho. They've already shown they can be a top 3 seed without Jimmy

That's fair and all, just keep Harden away.

He is the poster child for the kind of guy Daryl Morey considers basketball plague.

This is all lip service for now.

I do wonder if Morey would rather have a Harden/ Simmons lineup than a Harden/ Embiid lineup

I can see why Philly would be split, Ben is 24 years old and for as great as Harden is, his playoff blunders are well documented. You got maybe 2 years to get it done if they get him in before he's done at MVP level.

Going into last season, the answer to fill that role was Tobias. And while I thought he had a solid year, he didn’t take that leap into being the bucket getter and I’m not sure he ever will
Tobias is a bucket getter. Not a creator.

Brett had him trying to be a playmaker to kinda replace Jimmy. Doc about to have him in attack mode again

Butler was the best Sixer since Iverson. I've been saying that since they started the playoffs that year. Plus you're comparing Butler with Harden in the team makeup, but we will have to sacrifice Simmons to land Harden so it's a different makeup all together.

Also, what makes you think Harden will be a closer in the playoffs? When did that ever happen?

I also really want to stress Harden's ego. He had a say on when they practiced, flight schedule, who leaves, who stays etc...Unless he's Kobe, MJ or Lebron, I don't want that in my lockeroom. He hasn't proven that he can win anything more than individual awards.
Fully aware that Harden isn’t a proven closer but at least he had the skill set to be a closer when we need it, if that makes sense.

call me crazy, but I think it’s more likely we get harden without giving up Simmons, if he ends up coming here. Morey has stressed on WIP radio (sorry :lol:) that he hates making decisions early and without all the info. Sixers gonna start season as is and Morey gonna bank on jo and Ben finally having chemistry. Rockets lose leverage.

but, who knows what’s gonna happen.I’ve been balls deep daily with all my homies on this :lol:

Fully aware that Harden isn’t a proven closer but at least he had the skill set to be a closer when we need it, if that makes sense.

call me crazy, but I think it’s more likely we get harden without giving up Simmons, if he ends up coming here. Morey has stressed on WIP radio (sorry :lol:) that he hates making decisions early and without all the info. Sixers gonna start season as is and Morey gonna bank on jo and Ben finally having chemistry. Rockets lose leverage.

but, who knows what’s gonna happen.I’ve been balls deep daily with all my homies on this :lol:

Yeah I get it. And for sure if anything would happen, it won't be until the deadline and if the Sixers are clicking, then we don't even need to worry about a trade. If the sixers are stagnant from last year, then I will worry.

That convo wasn't about the playoffs tho. They've already shown they can be a top 3 seed without Jimmy
Yeah I was really only talking about the playoffs. Could care less about them getting a top 3 seed when other teams are clearly better come playoff time. They aren't beating the Bucks, Celtics, or Heat with this current roster. Probably not the Nets either. Maybe Toronto as well.

Yeah I was really only talking about the playoffs. Could care less about them getting a top 3 seed when other teams are clearly better come playoff time. They aren't beating the Bucks, Celtics, or Heat with this current roster. Probably not the Nets either. Maybe Toronto as well.
But you were arguing that they could get off to a slow start and that would be the reason to green light the trade and break up the ben/jo duo. And that the rockets should wait and see if that would yield a better trade for harden. That was the convo :lol:. Then you pivoted to their playoff ceiling but nobody or at least I wasn't talking about that

But you were arguing that they could get off to a slow start and that would be the reason to green light the trade and break up the ben/jo duo. And that the rockets should wait and see if that would yield a better trade for harden. That was the convo :lol:. Then you pivoted to their playoff ceiling but nobody or at least I wasn't talking about that
East is much better now than it was years ago when they got that 3 seed and the conference was like 3 teams deep. Getting off to a slow start isn't farfetched at all. Could they click and be good? Sure. Could they do the opposite? Sure.

Haha nah. Got nothing against Philly. They are just too easy to guard come playoff time as currently constructed.
Well yea, it’s easy to guard 2 Cs, a semi PG, a SG who can barely dribble and Tobias without trying

Ready to see Kemba chasing Seth around :lol:

Back
Top Bottom