2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Is this a hot take? Current AD is better than Kyrie has been at any point in his career (yes, even 2016-17). Most efficient offense player and light-years better defensively. I don't think it's particularly close.

Too much tequila

Is this a hot take? Current AD is better than Kyrie has been at any point in his career (yes, even 2016-17). Most efficient offense player and light-years better defensively. I don't think it's particularly close.

bronx had to link with three of bean sons for chips. you welcome bum *** *****

the 3rd is ray allen roach ***. Kobe sonned him since slam magazine.

There's a long list of NBA Legends who's name could be replaced with Kyrie's & it would still be true.

Are rappers that terrible? Sorry they get to hang with people :lol: separate them from society, they’re the only ones with money at strip clubs.

not at all, imo AD is the best teammate Bron has ever had too

Bron x Wade was nice but the only year they were equals or close to it was 2011

Eagles stink
Wentz brain broke
Hurts about to get lit up
Realmuto ain’t getting resigned

I need endorphins man. PLEASE grab Harden. I can’t let the Flyers and ****ing Union be my only hope for this city

Phils just brought in Dombrowski. Everyone getting paid. You might even get paid.

Extremely cold take. AD has more in his bag of tricks to use on offense and he actually plays defense.
i dont think he has more on offense. but, defense and team player mentality and demeanor gives him the MASSIVE edge.

offensively, kyrie is very close to complete.

Just thinking about it for all the help Bron didn't get in Cleveland his first stint, the amount and level of talent he's played since leaving in 2010 is kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

Mans has the 3rd highest PER all time regular season and playoffs. He's ultra elite already and it's just getting to what's supposed to be the peak ages of his prime.
while i get that part. the team machine is bron. and when he was on the bench, rondo. AD is a gifted talent. I don't think, or at least havent seen yet where he is the full on engine of the team. The team only goes as far as AD, and then he takes it across the finish line. AD has it all, but...The playmaking is the one weakness in his game by my estimate. The playmaking is what makes lebron so special. Not a shot at Ant by any means, I just dont know if that 'captain' title is something meant for him. Or if he really is an ultra gifted Robin and needs someone else to facilitate the ball the majority of the time. He's not better than bron. He's just younger than bron.

while i get that part. the team machine is bron. and when he was on the bench, rondo. AD is a gifted talent. I don't think, or at least havent seen yet where he is the full on engine of the team. The team only goes as far as AD, and then he takes it across the finish line. Not a shot at him by any means, I just dont know if that 'captain' title is something meant for him. Or if he really is an ultra gifted Robin. He's not better than bron. He's just younger than bron.

AD was the Lakers best player through the playoffs until the Finals Game 3.

AD was the Lakers best player through the playoffs until the Finals Game 3.
I agree. But as I said, bron was still the engine. And rondo when he went to the bench. Not taking anything away from AD, but bron is pretty damn good. AD was carrying the team. With his scoring and defense. But he wasnt bringing the ball or moving it. He was a gun for hire. Mercenary. Hired killer. I fully dig it. Same way KD in gsw. But Bron and Curry's presence meant more, in a way that cant be quantified. Like there presence. AD and KD, when they get off, they go crazy. When bron and curry get off, everybody goes crazy.

AD only has two flaws in his game:

1. The mental component-sometimes he gets passive and settles for jump shots when they're not falling. There are plenty of times when he should just punish defenders and he doesn't. He has the ability to dominate every game but just chooses not to in some cases.

In the Lakers thread there are plenty of times when I got frustrated with AD for being too passive. Why is there times when he takes five shots and a half? Why does he get pushed around by smaller defenders sometimes? It's just a weird mental bloc that he needs to overcome. Hopefully dominating the playoffs last year will give him more confidence that he can play at that level night in and night out

2. Lack of playmaking- He doesn't have the best vision and he tends to get flustered when he sees double teams. I definitely think this is something he can fix though

Back
Top Bottom