2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

AD was the Lakers best player through the playoffs until the Finals Game 3.

LeBron is my guy but I'll agree with this. LeBron has higher highs (Game 5 against Denver, Game 5 of the Finals) but AD was more consistently great throughout the playoffs. At this stage in LeBron's career he has to pick his spots more.

I agree. But as I said, bron was still the engine. And rondo when he went to the bench. Not taking anything away from AD, but bron is pretty damn good. AD was carrying the team. With his scoring and defense. But he wasnt bringing the ball or moving it. He was a gun for hire. Mercenary. Hired killer. I fully dig it. Same way KD in gsw. But Bron and Curry's presence meant more, in a way that cant be quantified. Like there presence. AD and KD, when they get off, they go crazy. When bron and curry get off, everybody goes crazy.

He's not a playmaker that's the major flaw in his game but it doesn't not make him an ultra elite player given all the other stuff he brings to the table. He's a tier 1 superstar unequivocally.

He's not a playmaker that's the major flaw in his game but it doesn't not make him an ultra elite player given all the other stuff he brings to the table. He's a tier 1 superstar unequivocally.
Something something “he was a PG in HS” something something

I kid I kid but you’re definitely right

Guess we just have to see him when he doesn't have a nuclear weapon next to him.

Kyrie smoking Glass is the sub plot this season needs.

It either ends like Antonio Brown and sad.

Or less likely- like Marshawn Lynch and he becomes lovable.

I guess PJ Tucker isn't playing tonight. The Rockets are in Chicago.

This is the body language of a player you should keep on the squad. He ready to hit the strip club!!

What's wrong with the heat culture? Everyone playing for one another, Team before individual, the best players wants the underdogs to succeed, everything earned, not given. What's annoying about that? Is it the culture? Or the media coverage of the culture?
Streetlights over spotlights

AD always been better than Kyrie. 2016 finals and a flashy layup package have had people thinking Kyrie is better than he actually is for a while now. It's gotta stop.

AD's biggest problems have always been, as nice as he actually is on offense, he still thinks he's nicer than that, and he can never stay healthy. But in the bubble he was healthy and his actual offense caught up to what it is in his mind. Probably the ease of no longer having to play in a fan-filled arena and all the distractions that come with that.

Back
Top Bottom