2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

If Kd finished off the Warriors in 2016 (after being up 3-1) and beat Bron in the 2016 finals, he would’ve got that universal acknowledgment as the best player in the league.

Too bad. He should’ve known what would happen when he signed to the Warriors.

I'm not gonna blame the media for KD ******* up the chemistry cuz he wanted more touches.
He knew what the system was and just won a ring in it. He and Kyrie cut from the same cloth.
Neither of them content to stack chips if they're not getting some arbitrary amount of credit for it.
Nets gonna be interesting when one of them gets salty about not getting enough respect.

KD is just too f'n sensitive. It's that simple. Some **** is outta your control. You not gonna control the media and their storylines. On top of that he was never better than Lebron. We can debate that all day but that fact is he went to a 73 win team to beat Lebron. They got KD to beat Lebron. Like it or not Lebron was the bar. KD himself wasn't happy about winning in 17. How you expect other people to give you that love and praise.

Book and Klay neck-and-neck for best looking jumper form in the game.

14FB9DF7-5A51-4FC6-99CD-A1AE28B7F3AA.gif

2K11 might have had the most broken players of any 2K. The list really goes on. If you were slightly athletic or a slightly good shooter, 2K had you jumping out the gym and hitting shots from the parking lot. Game was peak basketball fantasies :pimp:

KD is just too f'n sensitive. It's that simple. Some **** is outta your control. You not gonna control the media and their storylines. On top of that he was never better than Lebron. We can debate that all day but that fact is he went to a 73 win team to beat Lebron. They got KD to beat Lebron. Like it or not Lebron was the bar. KD himself wasn't happy about winning in 17. How you expect other people to give you that love and praise.

They got Kevin Durant to make them unbeatable. It was never about just “beating LeBron”. They’d done that, and were on the verge of doing it again :lol:. Without KD.

From 2014...he was as good as LeBron. It’s debatable for sure. But he was right there with him. And when he played him head up...got the better of him.

Hoopers will feel a way of you bust the supposed top dawg *** consecutively, and the powers that be jump through intellectual dishonesty and new standards to not give you the credit and discredit you even lol.

At the end of the day, I do agree that KD got some emotional maturing to do (we all do). I think he’s in a better place now. Him & Kyrie. They stopped trying to fight, THAT “credit“ fight. I hope those two find peace.

They got Kevin Durant to make them unbeatable. It was never about just “beating LeBron”. They’d done that, and were on the verge of doing it again :lol:. Without KD.

From 2014...he was as good as LeBron. It’s debatable for sure. But he was right there with him. And when he played him head up...got the better of him.

From 2014 KD was right there with LeBron? You sure about that?

The thing I think most people are overlooking is that regardless of the media and fan backlash, KD made the right decision going to Golden State.

I'll ask you guys this question, what would been have been a better outcome for KD: staying in OKC with Russ, putting up incredible stats, maybe winning MVP again, but never winning a championship or going to Golden State, getting bashed by the media for getting two "easy" titles and 2 FMVPs? I think we would all agree that the second outcome is better.

One day, I hope there is a candid conversation on all of the mix of the last 5 years. Because people think it’s buddy buddy, but it’s a lot more there, thats just left alone.
Is it really? There's a lot of guys who are chasing LeBron both on and off the court. Obviously contributes to a lot of tension among stars who aren't Klutch or who are directly competing with his legacy from that era.

From 2014 KD was right there with LeBron? You sure about that?

Yes. Yes, he was. This isn’t a wild concept. I promise, I’m not trying to discredit LeBro by saying this. Kevin Durant was every as bit a good of a basketball player as LeBron then. Steph too. Those are the guys.

Ive said this 10000x. This isn’t laughable if you remove your fan glasses for a min. It’s definitely debatable. The 17, 18, & 19 versions of KD/Steph are as good as a declining Bron. This is not meant to be a slight to LeBron (the fact I have to type this disclaimer, shows how f’d we are 🥱🙄).

Hoopers will feel a way of you bust the supposed top dawg *** consecutively, and the powers that be jump through intellectual dishonesty and new standards to not give you the credit and discredit you even lol.

At the end of the day, I do agree that KD got some emotional maturing to do (we all do). I think he’s in a better place now. Him & Kyrie. They stopped trying to fight, THAT “credit“ fight. I hope those two find peace.

They beat him w/o Kyrie for 5 of those games. Matter fact Lebron had them down 2-1 at a point with Delly as his second best player.

The next year Lebron and Kyrie came back down 3-1.

They got him to beat Lebron. Period. :lol:

Yes. Yes, he was. This isn’t a wild concept. I promise, I’m not trying to discredit LeBro by saying this. Kevin Durant was every as bit a good of a basketball player as LeBron then. Steph too. Those are the guys.

Ive said this 10000x. This isn’t laughable if you remove your fan glasses for a min. It’s definitely debatable. The 17, 18, & 19 versions of KD/Steph are as good as a declining Bron. This is not meant to be a slight to LeBron (the fact I have to type this disclaimer, shows how f’d we are 🥱🙄).
No.....

Melo in 2k12 was MONEY.
I was taking boys money in the dorms with the middy. **** was unstoppable.

They beat him w/o Kyrie for 5 of those games. Matter fact Lebron had them down 2-1 at a point with Delly as his second best player.

The next year Lebron and Kyrie came back down 3-1.

They got him to beat Lebron. Period. :lol:

Bro..if anything over the past 2 years have showed you. Injuries are part of basketball. We can do hypotheticals all we want. And revisit this 100000x. But the point is, The golden state Warriros did in fact, beat LeBron James in the nba finals, without Kevin Durant lol. You cannot erase that. They didn’t need Kevin Durant to beat soley LeBron James. They needed him to be unbeatable. And the 2017 playoffs and 2018 playoffs show you that.

The laughing emojis and hypotheticals are easier, than to deal with actual facts tho.

Back
Top Bottom