2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

In the Last dance, MJ started crying talking about his focus and obsession for winning and said 'Dass da way I played.....yuh don wanna play dah way, don play dahh way....Break'

Harden took that personally.

He made Rodman his muse.

The Squirm.

If the roster is healthy, I'm not sure THT gets more than 10 minutes a night. But on nights that Bron and/or Matthews rest, he should be able to get at least 25 minutes.

Last edited:
EpZrzikXYAEsnav

Gary Payton is high on the list of old guys who have wildly inflated perception of what they were. They might as well plant this guy on Inside so he can be the guard Chuck & Shaq.
Are u calling those 3 overrated?
I love it when players are real honest with this ****. No need to be fake
Honest but selfish. If manu Jason Terry Toni kukoc can do what's best for the team I'm sure will Barton can find a way.

The Gary Payton slander. :smh:

I don’t bLame Gary for being his own number 1. His franchise was stolen from him.

Are u calling those 3 overrated?

Honest but selfish. If manu Jason Terry Toni kukoc can do what's best for the team I'm sure will Barton can find a way.
Some people want the attention / mins/ oportunity and money that comes from starring over being in a winner

Some people want the attention / mins/ oportunity and money that comes from starring over being in a winner
I'm glad you listed attention first. That's usually what it is. Not a good look in a team sport which basketball still is. Opportunity not always better. Most solid 6th men can be plugged in as starters at any time but their teams are better and more balanced with them coming off bench. It's not always a demotion like these hatin reporters try and make it out to be.

The supermax has been a failure so far. The idea was sound but the implementation has been poor. It hasn't helped keep star players on the original teams as it was designed to do and it certainly hasn't helped the small market teams. Teams either overpay for guys like John Wall and they're stuck with an albatross contract or their forced to trade their players to avoid situations like this (this is why Boogie got traded from Sacramento, they didn't want to offer him the supermax).

The NBA needs to make the Supermax harder to qualify for. In the next CBA, I'd recommend a player needing to make first or second team all-NBA at least twice before being supermax eligible. This would really make it so only the true superstars are supermax eligible.

The supermax should really only be for the top 10 players in the league.

The supermax has been a failure so far. The idea was sound but the implementation has been poor. It hasn't helped keep star players on the original teams as it was designed to do and it certainly hasn't helped the small market teams. Teams either overpay for guys like John Wall and they're stuck with an albatross contract or their forced to trade their players to avoid situations like this (this is why Boogie got traded from Sacramento, they didn't want to offer him the supermax).

The NBA needs to make the Supermax harder to qualify for. In the next CBA, I'd recommend a player needing to make first or second team all-NBA at least twice before being supermax eligible. This would really make it so only the true superstars are supermax eligible.

Dame. Giannis. Steph. Harden. Maybe limit to the 1st and 2nd all NBA guys but it has worked in some cases

No no no

For one- All nba is voted on by writers.... they should have no say in what a player is eligible to earn. For obvious reasons.
B- all nba still uses the antiquated 2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center lineup. It’s stupid and should’ve been abolished years ago. Top 5 players should be 1st team. Next 5 should be 2nd team. Half these guys are G/F anyway, and I don’t want to reward a center unless he is legitimately a top 5 or top 10 player.

No no no

For one- All nba is voted on by writers.... they should have no say in what a player is eligible to earn. For obvious reasons.
B- all nba still uses the antiquated 2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center lineup. It’s stupid and should’ve been abolished years ago. Top 5 players should be 1st team. Next 5 should be 2nd team. Half these guys are G/F anyway, and I don’t want to reward a center unless he is legitimately a top 5 or top 10 player.

Goober is still eligible because of winning DPOY. I wouldn’t cash him out but it’s not my money.

No no no

I'm just throwing ideas out there, there's no fool proof way to determine who should be eligible but I know for sure that the current system isn't working. I want a system to reward the truly elite guys like but exclude players like Wall, Gobert, Draymond, etc. What's your recommendation?

Back
Top Bottom