2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

It was a bad injury but again there was never any real doubt that he'd make a full recovery.

You keep saying this like I didn't agree with it four times.

Both can be true. I never said anything about his recovery being in doubt. I invoked Alex Smith because it was the same exact injury and that's how bad it can get and one of the reasons why it's considered (in medicine) as a serious injury. Even after stabilization, it's a tough recovery. Emergency surgery and a hospital stay. Non-serious would be an injury that requires ice, maybe an MRI and a lollipop.

Serious injury. Tough rehab. Props to Paul on the come back. He can do it again. That was the essence of my post before you questioned why I'd have confidence in him getting back to 100% healthy and himself. Well he's done it before, so.....maybe that's why I guess?

Last edited:
We've been on one today haven't we

I’m not sure what you might be referring to

AB5969B9-20F9-4D2C-BDC2-29953FDD36C8.gif

Livingston was expected to make a full recovery and be the same player he was before?

Yes. After his leg was stabilized and he had successful surgery and a lengthy recovery (like Paul George), he was good to go. He just had a longer road because it was soft tissue damage vs. bone. 16 months for Livingston vs 8 months for PG13.

Livingston missed the entire 2007-08 NBA season. He finally returned to basketball activities on June 16, 2008 about 16 months after the injury
Livingston was expected to make a full recovery and be the same player he was before?

He ended up as a journeyman on like 7 different teams. Don't think he was the same player

Why you always got my name in your mouth. You wanna join the fan club too? I'll put you next to the Boston clown and that other bipolar dude. I'm going to continue to slander your sorry *** team as much as I can and want. I'm rooting for utter implosion after y'all popped all that **** about the Show.
I don’t; you’re just very sensitive

You’re also a grown *** man who wears full uniforms to watch games, so maybe your not the best person to be handing out mental health assessments.

IdioticHarmlessAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

He ended up as a journeyman on like 7 different teams. Don't think he was the same player

"Expected." Expectations aren't always met. Hayward was expected to make a full recovery and be the the same player and he clearly hasn't yet.

Both he and Livingston recovered and were cleared to play. Rehab completed (like you said with PG). So there was nothing preventing them from being the players they were pre injury, unless there was some mental stuff, confidence issues, rust, etc. Which would be understandable given the seriousness of the injury and toll it took.

Last edited:
In The Players’ Tribune article Livingston wrote entitled Rehab Diaries: Shaun Livingston, he reveals how he’s never seen footage of his injury. He doesn’t want to, he won’t, he can’t. He mentions how he can’t watch footage of injuries at all listing Derrick Rose and Paul George, other players who have had serious injuries and explaining he has no idea how they happened.

Livingston missed the entire 2007- 08 season and about 16 months after the injury on March 7, 2008, Dr. James Andrews who performed the surgery to repair Livingston’s knee released a statement that said the stability of the knee was excellent. That some tendinitis that needed more time to settle down and would require roughly four more weeks to address.

As a result, Livingston was not yet ready for competitive play. And while it would still take some more time, Livingston was expected to make a full recovery.

Reactions: HIM
I believe C. Webb’s 40-20 game came against the Warriors during his first season as a Bullet. Dude out on a clinic.

edit. He had 40 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assist against the Warriors.

It took Sean Livingston a few seasons to get his feet cemented on an NBA roster. That season he had with the Nets in 13-14 (coached by Jason Kidd) was a great one for him landed him his Warriors/final gig.

Back
Top Bottom