2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Not that serious. Walk it off. I can't with some of yall man :lol:
121897.jpg

Paul George’s tibia fracture shows us a very rare, but devastating basketball injury.

Paul sustained an open (also called compound) fracture of both his tibia and his fibula, and had emergency surgery to fix this. An open fracture means the bones penetrated the skin, and were exposed to the outside air. This increases the risk of infection, compared to a closed fracture. His surgery included cleaning the leg wounds, and then his surgeon inserted a titanium rod into the tibia. The tibia is a very strong bone, but only the outside of the bone is strong; the inside of our bones, where the marrow is, is actually quite soft. Therefore, his surgeon made an incision just below the knee, made a small hole in the bone at the top of the tibia, and inserted a rod about the size of your little finger, the whole length of the tibia. To further stabilize the fracture, he probably also inserted additional screws above and below the break, right through the bone and the rod.

Last edited:
I must be the only one here that thinks Wiggins will have a very very good year with a healthy Steph, Klay and even Draymond there.
Yeaaaaaaah I just don't trust Wiggins. Trade him and the pick.
Dray not washed
Klay has never been able to create his own yet still one of the best #2 options in the game, that can destroy you, and Steph got hurt first month of the season Wth you talking about down Year he was hurt lol
1. Dray def washed

2. Klay is a top 5 shooter of all time which is what makes up for the gap in shot creation usually needed from a #2 but when one of your only 2 legit scoring options (sorry wig) can't create his own shot, **** eventually gets hard in the playoffs.
We saw it in 2015 where the Warriors were going to lose if Iggy didn't step up offensively because Klay's non-dribbling *** just couldn't get it done.
We saw it in 2016 when Barnes went ice cold and the Cavs just threw bodies at Steph and Klay on every possession.
We saw it last year when KD went out and the Raptors focused their entire defense on Steph. Their only shot creator couldn't get an open shot. Every time Steph breathed there was a Raptors player in his face exhaling. Klay was getting good looks since Steph was seeing constant doubles and triples but Klay can't create offense for others so it didn't matter that he was hitting shots. He's not gonna beat you in a 7 game series, Steph will.

3. I meant down year for Steph as in not really playing, not that he was worse. I could've said injury but he wasnt injured for the whole year so I didn't.

Here's the thing, the 2015 warriors had an amazing supporting cast that eased the load the core guys had to carry because they understood and had the ability to play in a free flowing offense, putting the ball on the floor, creating open efficient shots for everyone.

The 2016 warriors had a worse cast but the core guys were playing out of their mind and the bench was still good.

The 2017, 2018, 2019 warriors had 3 of the most elite players to ever touch a basketball, all in their primes, surrounded by mostly ***. We can all be honest. Everyone outside of Steph, Klay and KD either weren't that good or were getting worse. Dray, Iggy and Livingston fall into the getting worse category. Still effective players but definitely getting worse. Hell Livingston retired because he could see the writing on the wall.

The 2020 warriors were just bad. Mostly because of injuries. But 2021 won't return them to their former glory because Steph and Klay are still good but their surrounding cast is worse than it's been in half a decade while those 2 are older and coming off of over a year of not playing the sport at its highest level.

Second round exit.

Once it was clear that there was no nerve or ligament damage and no infection, there was really no concern over him being able to return to form. You can't compare it to Alex Smith because there was no infection so it's not the same recovery or severity. There's plenty of reports at the time of the injury stating that it wasn't as bad as it looked. All you gotta do is look it up

Last edited:
Yeaaaaaaah I just don't trust Wiggins. Trade him and the pick.

1. Dray def washed

2. Klay is a top 5 shooter of all time which is what makes up for the gap in shot creation usually needed from a #2 but when one of your only 2 legit scoring options (sorry wig) can't create his own shot, **** eventually gets hard in the playoffs.
We saw it in 2015 where the Warriors were going to lose if Iggy didn't step up offensively because Klay's non-dribbling *** just couldn't get it done.
We saw it in 2016 when Barnes went ice cold and the Cavs just threw bodies at Steph and Klay on every possession.
We saw it last year when KD went out and the Raptors focused their entire defense on Steph. Their only shot creator couldn't get an open shot. Every time Steph breathed there was a Raptors player in his face exhaling. Klay was getting good looks since Steph was seeing constant doubles and triples but Klay can't create offense for others so it didn't matter that he was hitting shots. He's not gonna beat you in a 7 game series, Steph will.

3. I meant down year for Steph as in not really playing, not that he was worse. I could've said injury but he wasnt injured for the whole year so I didn't.

Here's the thing, the 2015 warriors had an amazing supporting cast that eased the load the core guys had to carry because they understood and had the ability to play in a free flowing offense, putting the ball on the floor, creating open efficient shots for everyone.

The 2016 warriors had a worse cast but the core guys were playing out of their mind and the bench was still good.

The 2017, 2018, 2019 warriors had 3 of the most elite players to ever touch a basketball, all in their primes, surrounded by mostly ***. We can all be honest. Everyone outside of Steph, Klay and KD either weren't that good or were getting worse. Dray, Iggy and Livingston fall into the getting worse category. Still effective players but definitely getting worse. Hell Livingston retired because he could see the writing on the wall.

The 2020 warriors were just bad. Mostly because of injuries. But 2021 won't return them to their former glory because Steph and Klay are still good but their surrounding cast is worse than it's been in half a decade while those 2 are older and coming off of over a year of not playing the sport at its highest level.

Second round exit.
U typed all that and still said nothing lol
GSW will be back in the WCF
Klay was carrying GS in the 2019 finals u a lie if u say otherwise, if he doesn’t land wrong on that dunk they probably would’ve won the chip.

Yall can have him, cause he's about to hit RFA and demand a bag. NOT trying to pay it.
Depending on what happens in free agency, I would swap him for Kuzma. He's in the exact same boat, but he's at least a forward.

DeRozan was playing PF in the bubble. :lol:

U typed all that and still said nothing lol
GSW will be back in the WCF
Klay was carrying GS in the 2019 finals u a lie if u say otherwise, if he doesn’t land wrong on that dunk they probably would’ve won the chip.
Dray is washed
Klay cannot dribble
Curry will be elite but that unanimous mvp curry is long gone and NOT coming back

Delon was washed in Dallas so he’s a great get for the Lakers. Not Derrick white though. He’s going to get paid in SA

It'll always be funny that somehow the NBA universe has created this narrative that the 11th richest person alive is some sort of failure. Like it just doesn't sound right.

No one is questioning Steve's business acumen. Even the crappiest owners are usually great businesspeople. It's just like calling Tillman Fertitta, a billionaire, a broke boy. It's all relative

I have the Warriors in the 4-8 spot. Draymond is washed and I’m not sure how Wiggins will fit in their system.

I agree. I think Draymond is washed and I'm not ready to just assume that Klay is going to look like he did in 2018 until I see it.

No one is questioning Steve's business acumen. Even the crappiest owners are usually great businesspeople. It's just like calling Tillman Fertitta, a billionaire, a broke boy. It's all relative
Nah I totally feel you, but HE is a totally different breed of owner. He stands alone in terms of overall success. But yeah sports are its own isolated period.

Yeah I heard that and made the "idk" face. Putting your faith in Playoff Paul George seems faulty. I mean sure he could have a top 5 MVP caliber regular season but who tf cares until the Playoffs
This is the harsh reality us Clippers fans must face. We can only hope Lue is able to help unlock a Playoff P who never really existed before. Long shot though.

I predict that Pandemic P will Have a revenge regular season only to fade in the playoffs again. This is why I thought it was so funny that people were putting Paul George and Anthony Davis in the same discussion in regards to their playoff performances ("they don't show up in the playoffs and haven't proved it"). Anthony Davis absolutely dominated the playoffs even prior to coming to Lakers. In his 13th playoff games prior to coming to Lakers he averaged 31.5/10. There's a difference between not having the opportunity to play in meaningful games and actively shrinking like Paul George.

Back
Top Bottom