2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Congrats to the Lakers on winning their 12th championship for the city of Los Angeles. Nobody believed a team with the best record in the league could win a championship but against all odds, they did it.

lakers-title.jpg

Free agents by team:

• Nov. 18: NBA Draft
  • Nov 20: Beginning of free agency
  • Dec 22: Opening night for 2020-21 season

Last edited:
Wonder if we're getting another bubble(s) or they're going to do it like a more responsible version the NFL with limited fans in the team arenas.

The thought of an entire season in another bubble situation is gross.

Semi hot take... The Clippers winning next year is what's best for the league. It will revalidate the idea that owners need to spend money on teams. The 9th richest guy in the world not winning and then the franchise blowing up will only make the James Dolans of the wold look better. We cannot have that.

Semi hot take... The Clippers winning next year is what's best for the league. It will revalidate the idea that owners need to spend money on teams. The 9th richest guy in the world not winning and then the franchise blowing up will only make the James Dolans of the wold look better. We cannot have that.

You see it in baseball every year, usually with the Rays. "They made the ALCS with the entire team making less money than Gerrit Cole!!!" That's not a good thing. The owners are all billionaires.

Sure it's a credit to the scouting teams finding good players but they consistently let players walk instead of paying them.

What is a Cy Young award worth? To the Tampa Bay Rays, only a $15,500 raise, apparently.

On Sunday, the Rays officially renewed the contract of ace and reigning Cy Young winner Blake Snell unilaterally. They will pay him $573,700 this coming season, not much above his $558,200 salary from a year ago. The minimum salary increased $10,000 to $555,000 this year, so Snell's $15,500 raise is effectively $5,500.

"It's disappointing. You want fair. But at the same time they don't have to do it, so I understand the business side of it.," Snell said to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times recently. Snell also released a statement Sunday through his agents:

"The Rays have the right under the collective bargaining agreement to renew me at or near the league-minimum salary. They also have the ability to more adequately compensate me, as other organizations have done with players who have similar achievements to mine. The Rays chose the former. I will have no further comment and look forward to competing with my teammates and field staff in our quest to win the World Series in 2019.''

Wonder if we're getting another bubble(s) or they're going to do it like a more responsible version the NFL with limited fans in the team arenas.

The thought of an entire season in another bubble situation is gross.

As well as the bubble worked, I don’t see the next season being in a bubble/bubbles the whole time. I don’t know if the players would agree to it, considering the overall player reaction the 2020 bubble experience.

Think it will look something like what this MLB regular season did.

Any idea when the season might start? Full season?

That OP :lol:

I mean... There has to be. You see what is going on with Football. If you want basketball this is the "price" to pay

I’m sure Tillman treated Ty Lue to Landry’s finest :lol:

Related, Rainforest Cafe might have the worst food for the price of any restaurant I’ve ever been to. I swear it all is jut microwaved, pre-packaged stuff.

But my son did enjoy the animatronic jungle creatures and giant fish tank when he was little.

The idea being floated is a few months inside the bubble....break....back to the bubble....break...and then so on. Not a straight 6-8 months insde.

There will definitely be bubble(s) next season...at least to start off.

Makes sense.

Cause these COVID numbers only about to go up in these next few months. :smh:

Man if I were a player I'd have a damn hard time signing up to bubble myself again in a couple of months.

Bubble for a full season is going to be a beast even if they split it into chunks.

Just say they shortened the season to 60 games and had the teams play 4 x 15 game mini bubbles.

Even if you play every other day thats still 4 months minimum. Then you will need another 2 months for the playoffs.

Thats going to be a tough sell.

if baseball is able to play without a bubble i can see basketball doing the same thing... they might have to tweak the schedule so less traveling... meaning more games within their own division/conference... might have to play without fans though

Back
Top Bottom