New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Offense looked insanely bad.....do think that jones wasn’t right....but what I see is a guy who just can’t handle pass rush and doesn’t feel it.....that Murray TD back of end zone with jail break pass rush was the difference between these 2 QBs.....

I think win yesterday had we had that Murray guy under center

Allowing 5 sacks, not many QBs can win with that pressure coming from a team let alone 1 guy....

Last edited:
Threat title update please. 5-9 and most likely gonna be 5-11.

Giants since Gettleman took over had the worst record in the league.

You gotta fire Gettleman after this year.

You have to cut Golden Tate.

You have to trade or cut Daniel Injury Prone Jones.

I don’t think Leonard Williams is worth a big contract. If he wants something crazy, let him walk.

Gettleman, Jones and Tate gotta go this offseason.

Oline looked better.....coaching not so much.......throwing to the center? Really?

Engram pro bowl?! Guess no one saw the philly game where HIS drop cost US THAT GAME!

Giants are not moving on from Jones unless they get a QB in draft.....doubt they will be trading up to 1-2

Baker and Allen have made improvements from their 2nd seasons....especially Allen........do I think Jones will? No....hope he does but this season has killed my confidence he is a franchise QB........like baker he took step back from year 1 to year 2........he’s going to get another season in this system for this team.....unless

Lawrence pulls a Eli??

Last edited:
I think the giants need a true #1 receiver. Have one of the lowest WR/DB separation rates in the league. Although some of that can be put on coaching and play calling.
I agree or at least bring it Mack into a few plays to see if that would make a difference.

2nd half of the season in games DJ played his TO were much improved....he dealt with lots of drops all season....
Doubt the giants draft QB, but def want them to consider it this season....more likely he’s back and I’m ok with that.....hopefully improved line play and upgrade at WR and real camp leads to major leap.....we gotta hope!

WR / DE in first 2 rounds....really first 4 rounds, lets do 2/2

2nd half of the season in games DJ played his TO were much improved....he dealt with lots of drops all season....
Doubt the giants draft QB, but def want them to consider it this season....more likely he’s back and I’m ok with that.....hopefully improved line play and upgrade at WR and real camp leads to major leap.....we gotta hope!

WR / DE in first 2 rounds....really first 4 rounds, lets do 2/2
I’m really hoping somehow Devonta Smith or Ja’Marr Chase drops, I’ve seen some mock drafts where it can happen. But if we go DE 1st round I wouldn’t mind Gregory Rousseau or Kwity Paye

Is Paye really that good? Saw he had only like 2 sacks this year and only 10.5 over his last three years combined. They really need a stud on the edge.

Danny Donations will be back if Gettleman is back. Sounds like Gettleman will be back.

A new GM isn’t gonna keep him.

Mara and Gettleman are supposed to meet next week. Both are supposed to address the media in a day or two.

I don’t want to hear **** about missing the playoffs by one game. The team was 6-10, not 10-6 like Miami and missing it.

If Watson is on the block we better make a play...he 100% is a top QB in this league.....no doubt we win 10 games if we had him this season

DJ
11th Pick
A pro bowl TE
Zeitler
MAYBE future 3rd & 4th

Giants are too conservative....doubt they even try....

If Watson is on the block we better make a play...he 100% is a top QB in this league.....no doubt we win 10 games if we had him this season

DJ
11th Pick
A pro bowl TE
Zeitler
MAYBE future 3rd & 4th

They won’t bother. They’ll keep pushing Danny Donations on us, they won’t admit they were wrong until they have to fire the GM.

DJ
11th Pick
A pro bowl TE
Zeitler
MAYBE future 3rd & 4th

If Gettleman can pull that trade off, I will take back any negative thing I said about him and defend that man to grave.

Looks like giants wont consider watson trade or draft QB at 11.....i hope they are right.....i can see case for him to put it together.....see new look bills....Allen took huge LEAP

Daniel Jones has 'complete confidence,' commitment from New York Giants
By Jordan Raanan
ESPNNewYork.com
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- There is no doubt. Daniel Jones is the New York Giants quarterback next season and likely for the foreseeable future, no matter how sporadic the touchdown passes in 2020.

He had 11 TD passes in 14 starts, the second fewest of any quarterback who started more than 12 games this season. Jones finished with 12 total touchdowns (one rushing) compared with 16 turnovers, and was 21st with a QBR of 61.4, which put him one spot behind Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (61.8).

It was hardly the perfect, promising season to erase all doubt about whether Jones is the answer at quarterback for the Giants. But that doesn't mean he won't get the opportunity to try again next season. He will. The Giants are confident the numbers don't tell the full story with the 2019 No. 6 overall pick. For that reason, they aren't going to be looking at the top quarterbacks available with the No. 11 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, or in NFL free agency.

The Giants remain happily married to Jones.

"We have complete confidence in him moving forward," Giants general manager Dave Gettleman said last week.

Coach Joe Judge and co-owner John Mara have the same conviction as Gettleman. And it doesn't appear to be lip service.

"I do share that [conviction]," Mara said.

Judge gave Jones, 23, a clean slate entering the season, telling him the Giants needed to see if he was the guy they could build around.

Judge left the 6-10 season admiring many of Jones' traits. He has raved about the way Jones handles the huddle, prepares away from the field, commands the offense, adjusts to game plans and shows toughness. The Giants coach is also encouraged by the improvement Jones made in 2020, specifically with his ball security. Jones lost only two fumbles in his final seven starts.

It reached the point where Judge felt inclined, the day after a 14-point Week 16 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, to provide an unsolicited vote of confidence for his quarterback after being asked a question that didn't include Jones' name.

"What are you really looking at with this team as you go forward? Well, I'll start with a key piece right there with Daniel," Judge said. "You always want to know about, 'Is Daniel our guy? Are we going forward with Daniel?' The answer is absolutely. What gives us that confidence is even in games like [vs. Baltimore] where it didn't come out perfectly, you can turn the tape on and you can say, 'Hey listen, in games one through whatever, that wasn't the guy we were looking at.'

"You watch the tape [vs. Baltimore] and you see that guy in there operating, executing, understanding the pressure and not just standing in there with courage like he's done all along and taken a hit, but understanding how to take the hit and deliver an accurate pass and move the sticks down the field. ... As we get going and we build more into this scheme, he'll be able to handle it in different ways as well and take some hits off himself. You see a lot of growth in these guys."

And so it stands. The Giants will add pieces around Jones and see where this goes. This might not have been the Year 2 anyone really wanted or expected, but there will be, at least, a third season with more weapons, including a healthy running back in Saquon Barkley, more "playmakers" Gettleman promised and an improved offensive line. Then they will see if it was the offense, quarterback, talent -- or, all the above -- that was the culprit for this season's second-lowest scoring offense.

Regardless, next season will be telling. If Jones doesn't do it in Year 3, it's probably not going to happen.

And it can't, again, be the behind-the-scenes stuff that draws the praise. It has to be the on-the-field stuff. The throws, the plays, the production and, dare we say, the touchdown passes and points without the turnovers. Jones must produce tangible results to prove he is a top-half-of-the-league or top-10 quarterback, because right now the rhetoric is based more on hope and excuse-making.

"Daniel, before he got hurt, was playing really well during that winning streak that we had," Mara said. "Then he got hurt, I think it was in Cincinnati, and then he wasn't quite the same for the next few weeks. I thought he played very well [in the Week 17 win against Dallas], and also played well in the Baltimore game.

"Our coaches, all of them, are very high on Daniel, and I feel the same way. I think he has what it takes to lead us to where we want to go."

The Giants are sold, but few others who have watched him play over his first two NFL seasons feel as certain. It's time for Jones to show those outside the building on 1925 Giants Drive the confidence in him is fully warranted.

Giants should sign Godwin or Robinson and draft DE/CB in first 2 rounds then WR RB in round 3/4

Interesting to see what they do with peppers/Leonard/engram/Tomlinson.......Tate is getting cut...

Giants should sign Godwin or Robinson and draft DE/CB in first 2 rounds then WR RB in round 3/4

Interesting to see what they do with peppers/Leonard/engram/Tomlinson.......Tate is getting cut...
That pen state lb would also be a good pick.

Back
Top Bottom