2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Also got these Halloween Pro Bs so I'm set on Halloween dunks

Attachments

• DSC_0461.jpg
    DSC_0461.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 424
Stores deciding to only take phone orders only when it’s convenient for them because their locals can’t flip a shoe for profit i.e. ben g’s...

Not sure if anyone else feels the same but this “in store” only gimmick is only making it harder for people who actually want to wear these shoes (Halloween’s and other sought after gr’s) and easier for local resellers

just read that there are orange laces on those halloween joints :frown: damn

oh well. for those who ate, please throw orange laces on those and post them here. i'd be happy to see them.

i definitely won't be able to cop those because hype. also, the upcoming horizon green lows will be my priority

Stores deciding to only take phone orders only when it’s convenient for them because their locals can’t flip a shoe for profit i.e. ben g’s...

Not sure if anyone else feels the same but this “in store” only gimmick is only making it harder for people who actually want to wear these shoes (Halloween’s and other sought after gr’s) and easier for local resellers

Its not a gimmick at all. 90% of FCFS spots have always been that way since they opened. You have to have Nike permission to sell online and shipping costs do affect small business.

do I wish there were more phone order spots? Sure. But this wasn’t as much an issue when there were numerous online spots to cop at. Due to bots and due to tons of shops closing over the years, online spots have dried up.
You can’t expect a shop to turn away people in line at their store to answer your call and give that pair to you. That’s why they wait until their locals have had time to cop. They don’t know you’re not a reseller either.

I’d love to see more shops do online or phone but I can’t blame them for not.

4 years ago i probably would of picked up those Halloween joints.
Money saved. Thanks Nike :wink:

Kinda wild to think about how, 4 years ago, most dunks went on sale. Aside from a few releases like the Tiff highs and McFlys, most releases back then could be had on deep disco.

Its not a gimmick at all. 90% of FCFS spots have always been that way since they opened. You have to have Nike permission to sell online and shipping costs do affect small business.

do I wish there were more phone order spots? Sure. But this wasn’t as much an issue when there were numerous online spots to cop at. Due to bots and due to tons of shops closing over the years, online spots have dried up.
You can’t expect a shop to turn away people in line at their store to answer your call and give that pair to you. That’s why they wait until their locals have had time to cop. They don’t know you’re not a reseller either.

I’d love to see more shops do online or phone but I can’t blame them for not.

When the Ben-G dunks released I was not aware that Nike had just given Bureau (Washington, DC) an SB account. Didn't know I had a local option.

So instead, I tried to phone order from the shop I went to growing up. Release was at 11 and I called at 11:30, they told me call back in a half hour, and at that time my size was sold out. I still phone ordered a shop deck, shop tee, griptape, and some spit classics. I needed a new setup any way so I figured I'd support them and maybe they'd remember me in the future.

I've had a line of communication with them on IG since building that deck, posting it, and @ them. Just asked if they were receiving the Halloween dunks Saturday and they replied, "Nope, passed on those." Now I'm left thinking WHY would you pass on a dunk that will easily sell out? Is Nike SB still throwing out crazy stipulations for carrying other products if you receive the most sought after dunks? I'd like to understand how these SB accounts work a little better because I don't understand a shop choosing NOT to carry these unless it required them to get stuck with a bunch of other gear that won't sell.

Now I have even less faith Bureau will carry them as a brand new SB account. The skateshop in general barely carries anything I was shocked they landed an account in the first place.

When the Ben-G dunks released I was not aware that Nike had just given Bureau (Washington, DC) an SB account. Didn't know I had a local option.

So instead, I tried to phone order from the shop I went to growing up. Release was at 11 and I called at 11:30, they told me call back in a half hour, and at that time my size was sold out. I still phone ordered a shop deck, shop tee, griptape, and some spit classics. I needed a new setup any way so I figured I'd support them and maybe they'd remember me in the future.

I've had a line of communication with them on IG since building that deck, posting it, and @ them. Just asked if they were receiving the Halloween dunks Saturday and they replied, "Nope, passed on those." Now I'm left thinking WHY would you pass on a dunk that will easily sell out? Is Nike SB still throwing out crazy stipulations for carrying other products if you receive the most sought after dunks? I'd like to understand how these SB accounts work a little better because I don't understand a shop choosing NOT to carry these unless it required them to get stuck with a bunch of other gear that won't sell.

Now I have even less faith Bureau will carry them as a brand new SB account. The skateshop in general barely carries anything I was shocked they landed an account in the first place.
I was not aware you could pass on quickstrikes. Used to be you took what you could get. And they just send them to you randomly. U didn't get to pick if I wanted them or not. Has this since changed?

Back
Top Bottom