2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

When the Ben-G dunks released I was not aware that Nike had just given Bureau (Washington, DC) an SB account. Didn't know I had a local option.

So instead, I tried to phone order from the shop I went to growing up. Release was at 11 and I called at 11:30, they told me call back in a half hour, and at that time my size was sold out. I still phone ordered a shop deck, shop tee, griptape, and some spit classics. I needed a new setup any way so I figured I'd support them and maybe they'd remember me in the future.

I've had a line of communication with them on IG since building that deck, posting it, and @ them. Just asked if they were receiving the Halloween dunks Saturday and they replied, "Nope, passed on those." Now I'm left thinking WHY would you pass on a dunk that will easily sell out? Is Nike SB still throwing out crazy stipulations for carrying other products if you receive the most sought after dunks? I'd like to understand how these SB accounts work a little better because I don't understand a shop choosing NOT to carry these unless it required them to get stuck with a bunch of other gear that won't sell.

Now I have even less faith Bureau will carry them as a brand new SB account. The skateshop in general barely carries anything I was shocked they landed an account in the first place.

I've heard a few other skateshops passed on these as well. I'm not sure the rules around it, just know they had the option to book these or not.

Went to clockwork a two times since moving out from Michigan . They look unwelcome ? waited for someone to help me . Long story short I just ended up leaving .. now I miss premier more ?

now since the whole Sb hype it’s very difficult for me to Buy from them ..

Kinda wild to think about how, 4 years ago, most dunks went on sale. Aside from a few releases like the Tiff highs and McFlys, most releases back then could be had on deep disco.
It's not wild to think about at all. In fact it makes plenty of sense to me. Many tape and teal box eras were terrible quality with terrible colorways to match.

It's not wild to think about at all. In fact it makes plenty of sense to me. Many tape and teal box eras were terrible quality with terrible colorways to match.

Do you think quality and cw improvements were the main driver? It seems like Dunks in general are harder to acquire nowadays so I’m wondering if Nike has been limiting quantities (vs quantities produced 4 years ago) as well.

C79655A9-33DD-4179-8AAE-5128A2DA638D.jpeg

Hopefully your pair gets more use. My Jason Voorhees Dunks get more use, just can’t quit them ?

HAHA! they get some good use. I have the purple laces on them and rock them often with TMNT shirts since I'm a big TMNT guy. Usully rotate between those and the Donatello Mids from '08

Do you think quality and cw improvements were the main driver? It seems like Dunks in general are harder to acquire nowadays so I’m wondering if Nike has been limiting quantities (vs quantities produced 4 years ago) as well.
Yeah they're a bit harder to acquire. The snkrs app changed everything for nike. Improvements in quality and colorways were enough to get some people out of the woodworks, though. Especially by giving some QS releases "original tooling." The #1 reason I've only worn one teal/tape box is because of the tooling. And that only pair I got was a gift from friends.

Talking to my shop, I told them Nike used to put a lot of shops out of business by sending them trash models. He says he can order what they want/ what would sell.

Black Sheep out here in Charlotte is having a skate video premiere this weekend, and Nike SB is one of the sponsors. I wonder if they're going to have any surprise releases at it :nerd:

Stores deciding to only take phone orders only when it’s convenient for them because their locals can’t flip a shoe for profit i.e. ben g’s...

Not sure if anyone else feels the same but this “in store” only gimmick is only making it harder for people who actually want to wear these shoes (Halloween’s and other sought after gr’s) and easier for local resellers

this has two issues at play; if shops sell only in store, you're going to be dealing with local resellers. if they sell online, you're going to be fighting against everyone and their bots.

secondly, shops want to give access to people that support their shop regularly, people that have been supporting them on high profit margin stuff other than dunks, people that have been buying from them since before dunks made a comeback, etc.

at the end of the day, most skate shops are small businesses with just a few people on their staff with limited resources.

shop.ccs.com -
Connection failed
Error code 20
The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.
2019-10-16 15:52:22 UTC

Welp.

Back
Top Bottom