2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

1571243674902.png

CCS always has the same excuse. The website crashed multiple times in the past year for hyped releases. They're just incompetent.

this is all lame.

miss the skateshop walk in and buy days.

celebs buying their first pairs and posting got folks thinkin this a new thing.
Small rant.
I remember saving my paychecks and getting on a two hour bus ride to pull up to a skate shop and buy my SB’s every two weeks. Skate or dies sat on shelves and I bought them a week after launch. Border blues, coral snakes, mocha 2s. Now the prices are awful for those older releases, my personal grails. Man, I’m telling you I gotta stock up on all these real soon before I can’t afford them all.

Small rant.
I remember saving my paychecks and getting on a two hour bus ride to pull up to a skate shop and buy my SB’s every two weeks. Skate or dies sat on shelves and I bought them a week after launch. Border blues, coral snakes, mocha 2s. Now the prices are awful for those older releases, my personal grails. Man, I’m telling you I gotta stock up on all these real soon before I can’t afford them all.

17th Street had all kinda **** man.

Mission Blazers were on a clearance rack!

Viotech Blazers i think i got off that rack too.

**** would sit. Those trips just to swing by turned into gold some days.

17th Street had all kinda **** man.

Mission Blazers were on a clearance rack!

Viotech Blazers i think i got off that rack too.

**** would sit. Those trips just to swing by turned into gold some days.
Damn nostalgia hitting hard. Shoes that we passed up on are now gold, man if only I was a little older. I was a kid in high school, no car, and my priorities were shoes. It was the best!

My list now:
BIC (had a DS 12 that got stolen from my car)
C&K
Pee Wee
J Pack OG
Embarco Mids
UNLV low brazil
Miami low Brazil

CCS is the worst. For one, they oversell inventory - so good luck if you “hit”. And obviously they can’t figure out how to do a web release. How about an exclusive link to loyal customers?

The real CCS shut down a long time ago. They went out of business, and Daddies bought them. So if you just consider that CCS is run by longboarders - it explains a lot.

Damn nostalgia hitting hard. Shoes that we passed up on are now gold, man if only I was a little older. I was a kid in high school, no car, and my priorities were shoes. It was the best!

My list now:
BIC (had a DS 12 that got stolen from my car)
C&K
Pee Wee
J Pack OG
Embarco Mids
UNLV low brazil
Miami low Brazil

i got too many i could never get to list.

HAd bamboo trainers and the purple and orange ones too.

I did come up on Brian Andersons for 100 off ebay this past summer tho.

Taxis Dinos Mork and Mindys Pee Wees UNLV High Corals just to name a few.

dawg. those were beautiful times

Think about how many kids go from 14 to 16 or 16 and 18 and get their first jobs and can buy stuff they want. Think about how many kids graduate college and enter the workforce and can buy so much more stuff that they want (that was me). Some of y'all might be older and doing the same thing for the last 5, 10, 15 years. But a lot of new cats are bound to come up. Stay in your line and let others merge, don't be an *** and cut em off.

Small rant.
That’s exactly what I’m doing now lol

i got too many i could never get to list.

HAd bamboo trainers and the purple and orange ones too.

I did come up on Brian Andersons for 100 off ebay this past summer tho.

Taxis Dinos Mork and Mindys Pee Wees UNLV High Corals just to name a few.

dawg. those were beautiful times
Off of shoe pugs!!!! Please don’t tell me that was you! I was sooooo furious.

When the Ben-G dunks released I was not aware that Nike had just given Bureau (Washington, DC) an SB account. Didn't know I had a local option.

So instead, I tried to phone order from the shop I went to growing up. Release was at 11 and I called at 11:30, they told me call back in a half hour, and at that time my size was sold out. I still phone ordered a shop deck, shop tee, griptape, and some spit classics. I needed a new setup any way so I figured I'd support them and maybe they'd remember me in the future.

I've had a line of communication with them on IG since building that deck, posting it, and @ them. Just asked if they were receiving the Halloween dunks Saturday and they replied, "Nope, passed on those." Now I'm left thinking WHY would you pass on a dunk that will easily sell out? Is Nike SB still throwing out crazy stipulations for carrying other products if you receive the most sought after dunks? I'd like to understand how these SB accounts work a little better because I don't understand a shop choosing NOT to carry these unless it required them to get stuck with a bunch of other gear that won't sell.

Now I have even less faith Bureau will carry them as a brand new SB account. The skateshop in general barely carries anything I was shocked they landed an account in the first place.
I think we have to keep in mind that a lot of people that run shops/do the SB ordering aren’t as “in the know” as we are. I’ve already heard from some shops about passing up on the Halloween dunk lows as well. I’m not surprised though, because over the years I’ve realized that some folks just don’t understand Nike SB’s product or crowd completely. I remember one time I was talking to a shop owner and this person told me they passed up on the Tiff Highs because they didn’t believe that they would sell but they made sure to order some other crap GR that came out that year because they KNEW those would fly. I remember thinking “Are you smoking crystal meth?! Do you not understand what going on out here?!” I tried to explain to the shop owner why they should’ve ordered the Tiffs but ultimately it came down to the fact that when they were doing the prebook, they didn’t see what was so special about the Aqua/Chrome dunk highs. It happens. But what you can do to help them is talk to them about stuff that’s coming up and help them to understand what is really going on, especially since they’re a newer account.

Went to clockwork a two times since moving out from Michigan . They look unwelcome ? waited for someone to help me . Long story short I just ended up leaving .. now I miss premier more ?

now since the whole Sb hype it’s very difficult for me to Buy from them ..
Good on you. Crappy customer service shouldn’t be rewarded with cash. The should show their customers more respect.

Where' s Black Thought from the roots at??

He helps!!
Don’t even trip my friend. A lot of shops are still waiting on shipments. When they get them info will be dropped.

Id owe that man many beers due to his services.
Salute and respect to you as well! I do what I can for the thread.

I think we gave to keep in mind that a lot of people that run shops/do the SB ordering aren’t as “in the know” as we are. I’ve already heard from some shops about passing up on the Halloween dunk lows as well. I’m not surprised though, because over the years I’ve realized that some folks just don’t understand Nike SB’s product or crowd completely. I remember one time I was talking to a shop owner and this person told me they passed up on the Tiff Highs because they didn’t believe that they would sell but they made sure to order some other crap GR that came out that year because they KNEW those would fly. I remember thinking “Are you smoking crystal meth?! Do you not understand what going on out here?!” I tried to explain to the shop owner why they should’ve ordered the Tiffs but ultimately it came down to the fact that when they were doing the prebook, they didn’t see what was so special about the Aqua/Chrome dunk highs. It happens. But what you can do to help them is talk to them about stuff that’s coming up and help them to understand what really going on, especially since they’re a newer account.

Good on you. Crappy customer service shouldn’t be rewarded with cash. The should show their customers more respect.

Don’t even trip my friend. A lot of shops are still waiting on shipments. When they get them info will be dropped.

Salute and respect to you as well! I do what I can for the thread.
SB GOAT has Spoken

Back
Top Bottom