2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

There is an outside vs inside on lace tips?

The inside of the plastic before it's applied vs the outside.

pics above show where it’s printed pretty clearly

Oh, does it? Thanks, bud. :smh:

There printed on the inside cause I try to remove it with paint thinner and nothing from outside .. ended up cutting the tips try to remove from inside and remove easily

Thanks to the one person who understood my question.

For those of you that I’ve been rocking dunks or sbs since 05....How do you guys feel about this dunk/SB trend going on now…??? All these shoes are becoming popular because of off-white and Travis Scott it’s a little ridiculous… Now kids are wearing SB dunks? Where were they last year...its nauseating honestly. But shout out to those dunk heads who've been rocking with the shoe for a while because now your getting a resurgence or colorways.

ps.... If this Travis Scott dunk…or the plum is your first dunk you’re a goofball basically

They are shoes. It’s not that big of a deal.
No. My friend. There arent many things in this world that we can call ours… But sneakers were something I was so passionate about and now it’s completely defunct… You can say it’s just shoes but if it was just shoes you wouldn’t have created a username and account on the website bro

Last edited:
For those of you that I’ve been rocking dunks or sbs since 05....How do you guys feel about this dunk/SB trend going on now…??? All these shoes are becoming popular because of off-white and Travis Scott it’s a little ridiculous… Now kids are wearing SB dunks? Where were they last year...its nauseating honestly. But shout out to those dunk heads who've been rocking with the shoe for a while because now your getting a resurgence or colorways.

ps.... If this Travis Scott dunk…or the plum is your first dunk you’re a goofball basically

I think it's awesome. We've lost almost all our local shops where i'm at. This has been a resurgence and a huge boost of getting people in local shops. Granted not all of them will come back to purchase other items - it definitely brings in some new peeps and helps support the culture.

As a consumer it's insane. Makes obtaining even basic GR or ISO's a bit challenging.

In the end - i'd take this over the brand being dead any day.

I think it's awesome. We've lost almost all our local shops where i'm at. This has been a resurgence and a huge boost of getting people in local shops. Granted not all of them will come back to purchase other items - it definitely brings in some new peeps and helps support the culture.

As a consumer it's insane. Makes obtaining even basic GR or ISO's a bit challenging.

In the end - i'd take this over the brand being dead any day.
See I hear you on that… Because if you’re a big fan of dunks… It’s like you really haven’t had too many nice colorways popping up because the dunk( before the lobsters..basically) were practically in the vault.

And I know when I went through my Dunk phase it was in the mid 2000s...In my air force one phase in the early 2000s… my phases were way way after the shoe came out initially… But I don’t feel like it was because of any influencer it was just because the shoe was dope to me. I didn’t have off-white whispering in my ear I didn’t have Travis Scott influencing me… Everything was just so much more organic It’s just so annoying how social media influencers are literally well… Influencing the heck out of these minds. For the record I have those light blue suede dunks that someone posted above and they’re dirty as hell… I remember when I couldn’t get the Tiffany dunks… I went ahead and got the aqua chalks because they had a blue toe just like the Tiffany’s lol.

Any love for the Nike 6.0 era? These Air Insurgents were some of my fav kicks ever:

npbikeshoesgrzw.jpg

n2nb6403_wbkr.jpg

Attachments

• npbikeshoesgrzw.jpg
    npbikeshoesgrzw.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
eBay is so damn buyer centered. I thought you guys were exaggerating but man it's bad. I was just on the phone with them for 40 minutes cause I sold a computer GPU about a month ago to someone and out of nowhere yesterday they said there a issue so they opened a case. So I responded telling them how to troubleshoot the issue cause the options ebay gave me as the seller were. Accept return, Give full refund , Partial refund or message seller (which according to lady on phone message seller isn't considered a "action" toward resolving case 🤷‍♂️! ). And even with me responding with 2 messages if the guy doesn't respond by march 5th they'll still create return label for them to send to me because the response I chose was not accept return, full refund or partial smh. I have never been so disappointed with eBay in all my time I've had account with them. I'm definitely done selling anything else on there after this.
Ok vent/rant over.

As for niketock88 niketock88 and panda916 panda916 post/reply I think I prefer the "dead" days. Right now it's good for SB brand recognition I get it. But there's also a almost Jordan/Foamposite/yeezy esque vibe to having the hype on SB like it is now that just don't jive well with me. Like how in the "dead" days if you went into a random crowd you'd probably spot one pair of SBs if you're lucky while everyone else would have J's or some yeezy's or whatever was "hot" at the moment. Now I feel like that type of hype will take over SB and it'll be everyone wearing the same SBs on day one release (you know what I mean like when new 11s drop everyone and they mama are wearing the shoes lol). It's bled over into media and YT exposing too. I remember it being hard to find any news on new Dunks coming soon outside of this thread and a YT channel or 2 but now I can find so many different hits from multiple YT Channels with simple SB dunk search. Idk if what I'm saying making sense but yeah the dead days to me pretty much have a sense of uniqueness to everytime I stepped out wearing a pair of SBs I wasn't wearing something everyone else was wearing. Now that I think about it it almost sounds selfish lol But yeah hopefully it makes sense.

P.S. on the day one thing I'm not knocking any of you "straight to feet" ppl lol

Last edited:
No. My friend. There isn’t many things in this world that we can call ours… But sneakers were something I was so passionate about and now it’s completely defunct… You can say it’s just shoes but if it was just shoes you wouldn’t have created a username and account on the website bro
nike prefers the new, young kid interested in the shoe more than the dude who was buying the shoe 15 years ago...this is evident by the collaborations and attempts to hype up the shoes...younger kids recognize dunks when i wear them more than older people...it is just a shoe and we shouldnt have so much brand loyalty...shoes going for crazy prices on resale will ultimately make a shoe that retails for $100 start retailing for $125...let everyone enjoy the product

Order some plums from goat and they never shipped, Hope I win this dispute. Was really looking forward to rocking the plums :smh:
Sorry to hear that fam. What do you mean dispute? Shouldn't goat be trying to find a replacement pair or refunding you? I'll be waiting a couple years till I break out the plums. Prices have leveled out with plums it seems. Was gonna scoop up more if they dropped to 200 but that seems unlikely at this point, maybe a local deal but not on the reselling apps.

I can’t judge. Some people get into things later. My first pair of SB’s were Unkle Dunks (which I still have).... I was in college and loved the wild design. This might be some 20 year old kids first dunk that they like. Who knows....

Also I was able to walk into Krudco Skate in Rochester NY and buy multiple pairs of Unkles.... I should have brought more for 130....

Sorry to hear that fam. What do you mean dispute? Shouldn't goat be trying to find a replacement pair or refunding you? I'll be waiting a couple years till I break out the plums. Prices have leveled out with plums it seems. Was gonna scoop up more if they dropped to 200 but that seems unlikely at this point, maybe a local deal but not on the reselling apps.
They went a long time without response and still haven’t given my a answer on shoes, so I ended up going to the credit card company to see if I can get a charge backed. But now they say they are looking into it.

It's always something. It's either dunks are "dead" and nobody cares, or dunks are hyped and everyone is calling everyone else a poser. Like the comment above said. YES it's just shoes. The ONLY thing that should matter is whether you like it or not. When I see someone wearing a dope sneaker, I dont get jealous or in my feelings, I give props. I love seeing people reliving some of these older dunks(my all time favorite silhouette)

Hoping to have time to wear my Safari GTS this weekend.

Does look narrow, but I'm sure they'll be easy to break in compared to Common Projects.

eBay is so damn buyer centered. I thought you guys were exaggerating but man it's bad. I was just on the phone with them for 40 minutes cause I sold a computer GPU about a month ago to someone and out of nowhere yesterday they said there a issue so they opened a case. So I responded telling them how to troubleshoot the issue cause the options ebay gave me as the seller were. Accept return, Give full refund , Partial refund or message seller (which according to lady on phone message seller isn't considered a "action" toward resolving case 🤷‍♂️! ). And even with me responding with 2 messages if the guy doesn't respond by march 5th they'll still create return label for them to send to me because the response I chose was not accept return, full refund or partial smh. I have never been so disappointed with eBay in all my time I've had account with them. I'm definitely done selling anything else on there after this.
Ok vent/rant over.

As for niketock88 niketock88 and panda916 panda916 post/reply I think I prefer the "dead" days. Right now it's good for SB brand recognition I get it. But there's also a almost Jordan/Foamposite/yeezy esque vibe to having the hype on SB like it is now that just don't jive well with me. Like how in the "dead" days if you went into a random crowd you'd probably spot one pair of SBs if you're lucky while everyone else would have J's or some yeezy's or whatever was "hot" at the moment. Now I feel like that type of hype will take over SB and it'll be everyone wearing the same SBs on day one release (you know what I mean like when new 11s drop everyone and they mama are wearing the shoes lol). It's bled over into media and YT exposing too. I remember it being hard to find any news on new Dunks coming soon outside of this thread and a YT channel or 2 but now I can find so many different hits from multiple YT Channels with simple SB dunk search. Idk if what I'm saying making sense but yeah the dead days to me pretty much have a sense of uniqueness to everytime I stepped out wearing a pair of SBs I wasn't wearing something everyone else was wearing. Now that I think about it it almost sounds selfish lol But yeah hopefully it makes sense.

P.S. on the day one thing I'm not knocking any of you "straight to feet" ppl lol

Rough about eBay. They don't really listen lol. They just want it "resolved" and to them the easiest way is for the seller to cave in. I feel ya.

Totally valid point about the SB notoriety now days. It was definitely nicer when SB's were always under the radar from mainstream and exclusive to real skate shops and some boutiques.

The silver lining with SB's is they are never produced and (god willing) will never be produced on a Jordan or Yeezy level. Helps keep everyone and their mom from wearing the **** out of them hehe.

I totally understand your feelings though. This wave will calm eventually and we will be back to normalcy. In the meantime let's enjoy the releases! 19/20 is legit one of those awesome era's for SB's. In just a few months time span - Rayguns retro/J-packs/Strangelove/TS/Safari/Strawberry Cough :nthat::nthat::nthat:

nike prefers the new, young kid interested in the shoe more than the dude who was buying the shoe 15 years ago...this is evident by the collaborations and attempts to hype up the shoes...younger kids recognize dunks when i wear them more than older people...it is just a shoe and we shouldnt have so much brand loyalty...shoes going for crazy prices on resale will ultimately make a shoe that retails for $100 start retailing for $125...let everyone enjoy the product

youre segmenting older and younger when you should be segmenting existing vs new customers.

the LTV of a 30 year old who has been buying dunks for 15 years (not bought 15 years ago, also different) is substantially higher than the LTV of the 15 year old who started buying this year.

the reason Nike “doesn’t care” in your eyes is exactly what you mention: the guy who bought 15 years ago is now trying to buy again. The guy who has been buying for 15 years straight is also trying to buy. The guy who is 15 is trying to buy also for the first time. The best of all 3 worlds.

however they must tread lightly because the 35 year old who has been buying for 15 years is more likely to be buying 5 years from now than the 15 year old who just started buying.

*LTV = Lifetime Value

should also be noted I don’t disagree with the sentiment in your post

Last edited:
teenagers or college kids wearing dunks they arent getting love from me..Especially today. Because I know the whole reason they have those dunks is because off white or travis scott lol which is so lame. Literally the day BEFORE these influencers got ahold of these classic silos NON of these kids were rocking these

Back
Top Bottom